Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday 1st May 2022

Options
  • 29-04-2022 4:50pm

Starting a thread early for a change ;)

Hamilton

1.30 Burj Malinka , Morty

4.56 Singe Anglais

All of these up towards top of probable sp on 'paper' - a decent starting point anyroad; might try and build a better case for them at some stage,, mebbe look at a few more too,, as the saying goes "a start is a start" 😊

think one or both of the 1.30 picks finish in top 2 (alas only 7 declared) , and want somefink else for a cupla doubles perhaps,,

gl

Comments

4.35 Sligo STARTEDWITHAKISS ~ 6/1

About joint fourth in the probable betting,, the other four (no's 4, 3, 6, 11) aint screaming out to be backed imo,, Apart from her barrier trial (which she won) over 7f at Dundalk, she's never raced on anything better than yielding to soft,, Just the three regulation runs for this 4yr old of Joey O'Brien's; she came 4th at Gowran over 10f lto on yld to soft, after almost 1 1/2yrs off the track,, by Fastnet Rock, so am assuming 10f on good ground will be fine,,, 6/1 looks a fair enough price here,,, has Galileo on the Dam side so stamina shouldn't be an issue, and has come 2nd - granted the going was heavy - at headquarters over a mile, on her second run when fancied, so the trip should not be too sharp either

Viareggio ~ 10/1 and Atavique 16/1 are others worth considering here,, Miss Myers is a CD winner at a big price here, but probably wants a bit more cut in ground. Jim Bolger's Nectarine is of nominal interest, being as she's coming off an absence, and though she run well and won easy over a mile 2 runs back, staying is also a question mark here,,

if the going and prices are similar closer to racetime, i'll have a lil ew on Startedwithakiss, Viareggio and Atavique ,, those drawn low were to the fore last year, with the winner coming from box 1, and only Atavique, out of the three selections, looks reasonably drawn in four..

it's a tricky weekend's racing when I'm looking at an Irish meet for winners.......

Plenty o rain about; was hoping for good ground tomorrow - could scupper me picks' chances if ground softens,,,, hard :)

3.40 Newmarket 1000 Guineas

too hard these races - Classics/Group races,, all the form seems reasonably similar, and most of these have 1s and 2s to their name,, give me a low grade handicap any day before a group race 😂

but for the day that's in it, and that there....

anyroad, using me own kinda logic i have picked 2 ew at decent prices,, both have won over seven furlongs at the course,,, one is drawn low and t'other high,,

AMEYNAH (drawn 12) ~ 18/1

won easy at the course lto over 7,, was only a maiden, but she never seemed under pressure - good enough for me. A better race over further is a different kettle, but I think she'll take a lead off Prosperous Voyage (drawn 9) , who looks favourite to me to make the runnin on that side, as she has done in her last two races, which were both over a mile

CACHET (drawn 3) ~ 20/1

Has plenty of runs for a classic contender, and most are only average relative to the quality of race this is,, it's her latest run over 7f at the course that is noteworthy i feel,, She tracked the leader and won easy in the Nell Gwyn, which is far from a Micky Mouse race,,, Mick Channon's ~ 200/1 rag Flash Betty (drawn 1) looks odds on to make running on her side in this, so hoping Cachet will follow her,,, Cachet did lose when coming 3rd over CD 3 runs ago, but: A that was a proper race, and: B she tried to make all that day from her side..

Buick had the ride on Cachet before, but reading nowt into his being not on her today, because : 1 he's likely obliged to ride the Godolphin horses, and 2: he had a 'mare yesterday when riding the wrong horse, as i presume he had the choice over the Doyler,, maybe not, i don't tek much notice of that kind o thing,,,

Prosperous Voyage who finished in front of Cachet in that October C&D run, when coming 2nd, also goes to post,, Rafe Beckett's filly tried to make all from her side and came up short,, she's had two goes over a mile in England tho, and it looks as if she'll be there to be shot at,,

don't know or care if either of the two picks are neither good enough, nor capable of staying a mile in a group one, but i'm happy with me logic and their prices...

the two in 1.30 Hamilton are fair short,,, 4.56 Hamilton SINGE ANGLAIS 13/2 NAP

GL 😊

Am not entirely convinced of the claims of this 6/5 jolly in 2.25 Nmkt over the 10f trip here

• Advertisement

I hope not !

Never doubt leffesem 😢

Gis A Sub win in the 14.35 would be lovely.

😁

My logic was Kingman - that sire I associate with a mile,, was right that time anyway Hello 2D 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

1,000 Guineas

Tenebrism is a very fair price, but you wouldn't get rich following 6f G1 winners in the 1,000.

I love what Tuesday did on her last run. She's incredibly short so the value is gone.

Can't filter out the English horses, they're much of a muchness, you could rule out the Appleby runner on her form but the trainer is a magician.

Discoveries looks like her big day will be later in the year.

The French horses both deserve consideration. I'm going with the bigger priced Zellie to cause a bit of an upset.

• Advertisement

the two in 1.30 Hamilton are fair short,,, 4.56 Hamilton SINGE ANGLAIS 13/2 NAP

ground's gone against Singe Anglais , drifted out to 9/1,,, had a right good chance on good-gd to firm, but at good to soft-gd in places, i'm barely hopeful 😃

Rosscarberry may well win the 4,35 Sligo, but is too short for me with the books, at a best priced 13/8,, worth a place lay @ ~ 1.5 on principle

Loughnane never complains about the prices of his horses at places like Wolverhampton 😂 "She shouldn't be the price she is" 😃

Gwan the Doyler 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Yeah, would you believe that, 2000 Guinness yesterday, 1000 today. He must be over the moon.

I'd like to say "it's nice for him" , but he's likely a millionaire 😂 Great pilot tho !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

google says his net worth is about 1.5mln 🤣 I wouldn't think many of them jockeys are millionaires, it's a sh1t job when you think about it.

I wouldn't fancy it meself - but when yer at Doyle's/Buick's/Frankie's level, they can pick and choose, plus far less travelling, and then the helicopters to get from a to b,,,, completely different to a regular jock; and not much comparison to jump jockeys, esp the journeymen,,

at least they're doing summit they love j@u ! I'd like to say (and i do) "i love doing nowt" , but i'm only fooling myself - if yer at 'nowt' , then it's v difficult to be 'doing' 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

top picking at in the QIPCO Guineas leffsem.

• Advertisement

cheers Pottokblue ta- happy with that 😃

Advertisement