Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

It is funny because it is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭archfi

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,313 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Indeed. Not even an arugment raised in defense.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I'd imagined someone like you would know the story of the MP.

You've been contributing to a subthread on here for the past few pages espousing the virtues of self-id/it's-law-so-it-must-right etc, well that's a funny take on the obvious latest example of larping using the current #untouchable holy grail.

Great example of utterly destroying the meaning of -phobe btw, well done you!

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

No HE is not more of a danger to HIMself. HE is very much a danger to women and very much a danger to young girls. Your glib remarks show your lack of interest and care about females.

The extent of this persons 'transition' is using a female name, growing their hair or wearing a bad wig and some dreadful makeup - this is not transition, this is appropriation that would not be tolerated if it were a person claiming to have transitioned to a person of another race, à la Rachel Dolezal, and rightly so.

To add insult to injury in many cases now if these 'trans women' are prosecuted, when in court their victims must address them by female pronouns e.g. "She raped me, using her penis". "She exposed her penis to me". Can you imagine that? If convicted then sent to a female prison. In US prisons they are already providing free condoms in women's prisons due to the number of trans women in prison where rapes and pregnancy have already happened.

• Advertisement

The tweet by "Brian Spabla"saying "women drivers" is transphobic. Who it's about is irrelevant, other than it being about someone who has openly transitioned.

Tell me - how do you think it's woke?

NOTE - edited at same time as below reply

If you think I am going back over this story you've another thing coming. Let's just say it neatly encapsulates/expands the absurdity of the story. It, the story+reaction and this definitely falls under the 'woke' umbrella

The tweet was a joke (ie funny plus actually makes a point) and could be deemed way more misogynistic than 'transphobic' by the perpetually offended (it's not at all misogynistic) but I guess, one whinge trumps the other in lalaland.

Don't know the person well enough to say.

Again - how exactly is this woke? Are you saying that "woke" to you means the legal right to self-identify...? They're completely different things.

Or are you another one of these "I don't agree with this law, so therefore it doesn't exist" defenses?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

No. I'm a 'this law or push for law is stupid, dumb and dangerous and was any due diligence/unintended consequences even part of the decision process ' type of guy.

This doesn't even require law, the fact it's the 'cultural zeitgeist' (I don't believe it has anyway near majority support) is enough to open the gates to the kind of yes, woke absurdity lavished on Mr MP a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement

Wrong.

Mr MP 'wants to be trans', that's his own words btw.

And no, that could be deemed misogynistic if one didn't have a sense of humour.

That's 'woke' in a nutshell.

Both, techinically :)

According to wiki, MP cam out as trans last month - don't know how reliable that is, but again - nothing to do with the MP.

Thrid time - how exactly the tweet woke? Are you saying that "woke" to you means the legal right to self-identify...? They're completely different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

No HE is not more of a danger to HIMself. HE is very much a danger to women and very much a danger to young girls. Your glib remarks show your lack of interest and care about females.

Know many 11 year old girls in the loony bin do you?

Because that’s where the bin fcuker is likely to end up, couldn’t care less whatever about your insistence on using the correct pronouns. You’re right about one thing though, I really don’t give a stiff one for your use of the term “females” when referring to women and girls. It’s equally as weird as the “her penis” nonsense.

For what it’s worth, and it shouldn’t need reiterating, but this is the one thread on Boards, in After Hours, where we can let our hair down a bit and have a bit of a laugh about the whole woke nonsense. It’s there in the thread title. It’s not the thread for serious discussion, there are numerous other threads already in CA where you can post about your particular hobby horse to your hearts content and get all high and mighty when people rip the unholy piss out of your particular ideology.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Woke in a nutshell is not having a sense of humour?

Seeing as it seems woke is whatever we want it to be whenever we need it be something, I'm going to define woke as using a word you don't know the meaning of but use anyway to describe something.

Which means I can now say your post was woke.

She's not dangerous because she's trans, though.

I totally agree with your point about serious discsussion - the problem I have with it is when people use it the further their personal phobic agendas and post **** that's not even close to being woke, and then whinge about being called out on being phobic.

Now - how about some REAL woke stuff to laugh at that DOESN'T infringe on people's legal rights?

That new Centra advert.

I will choose wisely. I’ll choose not to shop in Centra, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Cordell

TBH I don't really care it's not like the milk is obtained from trans cows. But why wasn't the black lad rapping also in drag? Do they even know how violent, homophobic and misogynistic rappers tends to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Yeah, they have tried to cover all the bases.

You might ask why they even mentioned Centra in the advert, but that is the most important think about ‘virtue signalling’. You have to tell everyone, otherwise it doesn’t count.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Captain Barnacles

Very very dangerous people these trans radical activists...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭AllForIt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

So will you be providing these travel passes or is it just the Bike Hire companies who are required to help the refugees?

Why aren't you giving refugees Dublin Bikes passes and travel passes if you think it's such a good idea? He's putting his money where his mouth is, why don't you do the same?

Well I know you you’re slagging someone off who’s helping to donate bikes to the refugees. Not a good look, pal, I genuinely don’t know how you can look at yourself in the mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭dogbert27

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Cordell

Woke brainwashing is now learning that I should be grateful to receive for free. The 3rd one is a wishy washy (or should I say airy fairy?) design course for designing stuff.

@Elon, please buy LinkedIn too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

More we are pregnant nonsense. Unless they have a conjoined womb, there is no we in pregnant. As it happens, neither of these have a womb, so neither is pregnant. They're having a surrogate or adopting.

And I'm happy for them. They now can be miserable like the rest of us, but faaaark, stip with the we are pregnant shīt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

BOOM! 💥

2 Birds, 1 stone

I'm just surprised they couldn't get one in a wheelchair for the perfect trifecta of woke

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement