Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2022

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It's not ideal, but if it's 11-6, he might be leaving too much to do, if he goes in 10-7 down and wins the first two tomorrow the pressure is back on Ronnie.

Also Selby was 7-10 down to him in 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ronnie hasn't had a tough match in this Championship. His opponents have been dreadful. Looks like another hollow victory on the way.

People should be questioning the state of snooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Oh I was wondering what you were on about ref Amy Winehouse now I see lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Ronnie looking solid and free flowing. Long way to go yet... really hope judd can make a good match of it

If Trump had taken half his chances, he'd be ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

He has to cut them mistakes out. Not making Ronnie work for frames.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That's like something I'd do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Everything seems to be going wrong for Trump.

Judd is having a 'mare here.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Trump needs to win this session 4 to 1 I think anything else it could be over early tomorrow evening .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

too hard on the red

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

Ronnie playing on his own presently.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,361 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Ronnie guaranteed to lead overnight.

I think this is just damage limitation for Trump now.

Get a night's sleep and come out tomorrow fighting. And hope Ronnie has some sort of brain fart, because at the moment he's looking unplayable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Judd is in trouble here mentally. Ronnie needs to make hay here.

I still think Judd can come out tomorrow and win three or four on the spin. Ronnie is only half way there yet.

Should Trump reconstruct his cue action in the years to come? Ronnie changed his.

Hope Trump can get it together and it's not all over at 7:30 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Hate seeing Ronnie, for years, beat guys and continually win cheap frames on aura alone. Players, especially in a world final, put themselves under extra pressure, feeling the have to force their game, to live with him. All it does is mean they tighten up, and hand him frame after frame. Thought Trump would handle it better.

The only man to really deal with that dynamic would have been Williams, wouldn't bother him in the slightest. Ironically has a very poor record v Ronnie though. Although Ronnie has said himself he raises his game for Williams, whereas it's just another game for Williams, full of lackluster effort generally. Think for a final though, Williams would of been up for it. Williams only man who can do what even Ronnie can't

• Advertisement

They brought up a stat on screen about how bad Judd's long potting tournament success is, it's 59%. Which is bad, but Ronnie's not much better, 65%.

But Ronnie is getting away with it because Trump is leaving him in amongst the balls.

Now, can Trump make something if this chance??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,409 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Stick a fork in it, this one's done

Ronnies safety has put Trump under pressure. But Trump also has thrown away five frames at this stage.

It is not so much to do with Ronnies aura it is his all round game and consistent play. Also he can play John Higgins game when needs be. Percentage no risk snooker.

Trump on the other hand leans heavily on his potting. Needs to adapt like Ronnie did -Reardon in camp etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Trump makes every opportunity he gets look like such hard work whereas Ronnie when he gets a chance makes it look effortless.

I think Judd and Williams were like sliding doors at the end of their match. Williams was getting better, while Trump was going in the other direction. Williams would have done way better than this, while Judd has carried his poor form into the final. I honestly think Williams would have won this final, had he managed to get through.

Ronnie ruining Virgo’s big build up on Ronnie being the best player to play the stun shot off two cushions.

Stun shot was not played 🤭

Given the nature of these long games, I'm reluctant to shout game over just yet, but if Trump can't win at least two more frames tonight, it'll be very hard to see a way back for him.

Post edited by Say Your Number on

Those headwrecking louts again.

• Advertisement

Wasn’t Hendry 14-8 down on Jimmy White…. ?

There is hope for Judd yet!

Advertisement