Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So UFOs aren't a theory anymore - but we still don't know what they are

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

When pilots are seeing what appears to be solid objects moving up and down sideways, it is evidently not a weather phenomenon. In the video that I posted on page 9 a pilot discusses his experience with one of the Nimitz UFOs, providing answers to a variety of debunker questions about why this is not a natural phenomenon or a plane. In the course of the conversation, he discusses what his onboard computer was telling him about the object he was chasing. 

Happy travels, but you may not see what you saw again, who knows?  

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Yea man. Gotta watch out for those pesky questions.

Might make you doubt things. Can't have that.

Nice that you made friends with a holocaust denier who believes the same stuff you do. That's probably not worth a self evaluation or anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭gladvimpaker

Thanks, I'm heading out there some evening during the week.

Do you follow much of these things on Instagram ?

I follow a lot of the sasquatch, paranormal and UFO page's. I'd love an encounter with something off the charts. Like seeing a Portal open up or something similar to Skinwalker ranch. Some people would suggest that there's a high concentration of minerals or magnetic chaos ayit plays tricks on the mind.

I wouldn't mind either way, I love thrill seeking lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,034 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Logic. Consider the millions of "sightings" and "abductions", not a single one is clear-cut. Why is that? there must be thousands claiming UFOs hovering just overhead or nearby, yet not a single piece of normal footage. Everything is always "just out of focus", there's always an excuse, every time. Likewise now that we all have smartphones, why have these all stopped?

It's similar to the whole "ghost" thing, there's a million stories and sightings, but no one can produce a single credible clear-cut piece of evidence. The same with "Bigfoot", the "Loch Ness monster". Again, there's always some excuse, systematically, in thousands upon thousands of cases.

There is no logic to what you are saying. The claim that millions of people have been captured by aliens is false, and many abduction stories are ridiculed and debunked by ufologists. The mere fact that someone claims to see an alien UFO does not mean it is true. There are many videos of UFOs from Turkey that appear to be a craft over the sea, but how can you confirm it is a genuine craft from another planet? The object in Turkey hidden behind a dark backdrop. It appears to be quite neat at first glance, but it could easily be a mock fake, so it is very hard to confirm its authenticity. 

This here Turkey UFO.

Apparently, there is a 23 minute video in the possession of the US that shows clear evidence of the UFO's strange origins, although it is still classified. There are more videos in the US that have not been released. Elizonda obtained the other three videos since they were not classified, just paperwork needed to be filed in order to get them released, There is some very compelling old video of UFOs from the Soviet Union. One video shows a fighter pilot chasing a long cylinder UFO; another shows two disk-like craft merging; from what I recall, 

Using drone technology, we could conceivably capture high-definition footage of a UFO. Drones are equipped with cameras. A UFO at 30,000 feet up in the air cannot be seen too clearly unless you are using a 1000 dollar or Euro camera. 

• Advertisement

There are millions

"The Roper Poll[edit]

In 1991, Hopkins, Jacobs and sociologist Dr. Ron Westrum commissioned a Roper Poll in order to determine how many Americans might have experienced the abduction phenomenon. Of nearly 6,000 Americans, 119 answered in a way that Hopkins et al. interpreted as supporting their ET interpretation of the abduction phenomenon. Based on this figure, Hopkins estimated that nearly four million Americans might have been abducted by extraterrestrials. The poll results are available at this external link: Abduction by Aliens or Sleep Paralysis"

There are countless accounts of abductions - these have disappeared with the advent of the smartphone. Conclusion: people were bullshitting or "believing" they saw something imaginary

There are countless accounts of UFOs hovering or moving slowly or close by - these have disappeared with the smartphone. Conclusion: again, people were BSing

There are countless accounts of "encounters" with aliens - these have also miraculously stopped with the smartphone. Conclusion: more BS

Same for "ghosts", "bigfoot", etc. Conclusion: people have a tremendous ability to BS or genuinely believe something they invented on a large scale. Psychologists have demonstrated this again and again.

In fact, you yourself are a direct example of this. You systematically make up stuff on this forum which you believe is fact until you change it later. Likewise you "see" things in photographs that aren't there. Exposing that is an "attack" on your belief system, therefore you attempt to defend it.

It is not definite that there are spacecraft

Then why do you keep using the word craft and why are you taking umbrage with me calling you out for your use of the word craft?

instead, it is a theory based on what the observables and data indicate

1. what is an observable?
    2. I've never seen any data that suggest something is an alien craft, feel free to share any data you have

You do have a problem with people speculating about the nature of the object Fravor saw, and I do not, either do many people who are interested in the topic. Don't seem to get it

You're not speculating it, though, Cheerful, are you? You're claiming outright, as fact, that these unexplained phenomena are alien spacecraft. You're not suggesting ti, you're outright declaring it. Do you see the difference?

In a typical fashion, you have not expressed any opinion regarding what fravor observed. Please let us know your thoughts. Please don't be shy.

"in typical fashion...." suggests that I have done this before, which I have not. Either put up proof that I did, or withdraw that comment please. To my knowledge, I haven't even been asked for my thoughts on what he saw, though such a request may have been buried in all the waffle you posted earlier which had nothing to do with the thread.

Anyway, here's my hot take: What he saw was NOT an alien spaceship.

Cheerful, you have demonstrated your quite considerable ignorance of all things scientific in that thread and continue to make a holy show of yourself almost every time you've posted anything. Your reputation is in tatters, you have been caught talking out of your hoop countless times, often on multiple occasions within the same post. You have zero kudos when it comes to all things 9-11. You refuse to accept reality. You refuse to see what is clear as day in front of your eyes.

You have demonstrated that you have no clue about freefall, molten metal, thermite, explosives, building demolition, mirrors, lava, the use of the word pounds as a measure of weight..... Every single one of your claims and posts have been countered and answered, often multiple times. The usual course of action is that you run off with your tail between your legs, then come scurrying back in 3 months time, often under a new username, and we go around again.

If you suggest that aliens might be operating these objects in the sky, people will go off in a huff indicating that UFOs are neither vehicles nor craft. The deniers are a strange lot. Though I rarely insult, I sometimes get passive-aggressive with the tone of my replies, and trying to tone that back.

Again, you're not suggesting anything......you are proclaiming it as fact.

And why wouldn't people challenge you on these claims? Why should you be allowed to claim they are craft or vehicles when there is zero evidence that is what they are? Why should anyone give you the benefit of the doubt or even the smallest bit of leeway when you have demonstrated your lack of good faith at almost every turn for a number of years now?

Prediction:

Cheerful will ignore 95% of my post and will instead zero in on the the sentence about " freefall, molten metal, thermite, explosives, building demolition, mirrors, lava etc.....".

In true Cheerful fashion (see what I did there?) he will also jump on whatever is the most recent sentence to grab his attention because it sounds good and it's what the grown-ups are saying and will, un-ironically, demand proof of every single instance where he has said these things, or demand that I withdraw those accusations.

https://www.history.com/news/ufo-sightings-speed-appearance-movement

AATIP 

UFOs/ Objects/ Vehicles - whichever term you like is used to describe them - meet five criteria indicating that they are unusual and not normal flying objects. They can be found at the bottom of the link.

The observed observables do not match what is known about current flight technology.  

Because of other possibilities, I do not assume that they are aliens, but I am open to the idea based on the reports and things that have been observed by military pilots and commercial pilots, as well as eyewitnesses. If you do not believe the craft could be a non-human craft from someplace, that is a matter for you to resolve on your own. Again, do not say anything. I do not believe there are alien spacecraft : That is your view, should we simply accept it as correct since Shifty is an authority on the issue? My dude, I am going to side with pilots who were actually there.

It is not worth my time to respond to the rant. 

Black lettering my help you.

David Jacobs is a person debunked in ufology, long story, taking up too much time and while Hopkins did some good work in ufology he was prone to accepting stories that later transpired to be false. I would not place much trust in the poll. Know any of this because you just pull stuff from google.

Again, disregard the little rant at the end, it is a waste of time.  

• Advertisement

To raise the glaring question again, why have UFO abductions/close encounters, "Bigfoot" sightings, "ghost" sightings almost entirely disappeared with the advent of camera phones?

The only logical answer seems to make you uncomfortable.

Nope. You're not responding to the rest of his post because you can't. You're not able to dispute or counter any of it and you're too lazy, dishonest and cowardly to attempt it.

Also you seem to just be mirroring things again.

These are military encounters with objects that defy the laws of physics as we understand them. We have progressed beyond what a common man can or cannot see on a smart phone. Pilots with a career in fighter aircraft would not report such a situation if there was no truth to it. To continue to be denialistic does not reflect the situation. 

Psychologists have repeatedly shown that anyone, regardless of profession or experience, can BS or genuinely believe a story they have fabricated.

That aside, what is the single strongest case out there according to you? One that provides the most clear-cut evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Well trained sailors used to report seeing mermaids.

How well trained were the observers who saw the Nordic aliens arriving during the Bronze Age?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Why are these aliens no longer appearing in front of civilians with camera phones? What made them decide to appear to those military people when they used to be happy to turn up in view of people in remote corn fields?

Fairies are notoriously camera shy. That's why they needed to the coaxed out by some nice girls in Cottingley.

Ghosts know what camera phones are, CCTV, hidden cameras, TV cameras, and avoid them at all costs. Ethereal spirits are very tech-savvy.

• Advertisement

Do you remember rods? The supernatural creatures that looked suspiciously like the artefact of a bug zipping across a photo caused by a physical shutter? Sure is weird they seem to have died out when people transitioned to using digital cameras...

Yes indeed, I saw an entire "documentary" on them. There is such a large audience for nonsense it's incredible, only have to switch on Discovery or History channel, "Ancient Aliens", ghost shows, "mermaids", etc.

I am tired after a long day at work. Therefore, I will not spend a long time on this. However, it was not only the pilots who tracked the unknown; the Nimitz even performed a system diagnostic check by shutting down the entire system to check whether there had been a glitch. After booting up again, the objects were still present. Militaries do not rely solely upon humans to verify encounters; they have evidence, that something unusual has taken place, but since they are using state-of-the-art surveillance and tracking technology, they are limited in terms of how much information they can reveal. A rumor has been circulating that Congress is considering holding hearings on the issue, which would be a large development if it occurs. Many insiders are expected to be called to testify.  

According to most ufologists, only 5% of UFO reports are genuine, everything else can be explained with more information. Are there any documented instances of their presence in cornfields or are they simply some crazy people having a bit of crack and producing artwork? They have been sighted around military installations since the 1950s, but there are far too many documented cases to discuss them here. On UFO forums, you will find people discussing old cases that most people have never heard of,  

Militaries constantly detect stuff they can't identify. They can also have system issues. Once again notice how it's not something definitive.

Millions of cases at this stage, not a single clear-cut one. Countless numbers of "Bigfoot" and "ghost" sightings, not a clear-cut one. Statistically there's getting into impossible odds.

If you feel there is a definitive case, present it. I haven't come across any.

Listen to this tape. This is a recording of air force personnel investigating strange objects at Bentwaters Air Base during the 1980s. You will hear what they saw in the sky. Col. Halt was the deputy commander of this nuclear base, so he was a serious individual.

Many, but this one good.

According to Mermaidologists around 5% of sightings are plausible.

According to Bigfootologists around 7% of sightings are plausible.

• Advertisement

Fairiologists put it at 5.9% according to a report I just made up.

Advertisement