Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbolounge

My 2012 with 135k km has had over 3000 l1/l2 charges and 170 quick charges in its life. Something is up with this car

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Where are you looking at this? Is it possibly a car that did not have Chademo installed?

The L1/L2 count of 79 is definitely wrong if there's no Chademo. Counters have been reset at some point, possibly during a battery module repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brianeoc

Ya, That's what I was thinking, very strange readings. Recent owner history doesn't inspire confidence either

Thanks for looking at it for me. Have you ever seen this before, maybe a battery module refurb or something. Very fishy.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pron

Most of the charging done on Chademo / fast charge? Seems plausible given that was free for most of the life of a 2011 model.

• Advertisement

If only it could be explained like that. Unfortunately, There's no numbers on Chademo / Fast charge, only L1/L2 numbers. 79 ordinary charges in it's life time is definitely not right...😃

Found the following on Reddit so maybe you can clear charge numbers accidentally. Just wondering if anyone else has reset their charge numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

Looking at a demo or nearly new leaf but does anyone think the Nissan 0% offer will be made available again later this year? Some garages still have it on their website but this seems to be either a way of generating calls or just too lazy to update their websites.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Looks like someone with full Leafspy reset the BMS charge counts, walk away at haste as the next thing to happen to that battery is the SOH will slowly calibrate to reality and reality could be a lot lower than current SOH

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbolounge

I look at leafs for sale every day and see the same ones getting sold, then popping back up for sale after a few weeks/months. Lots of people will buy it for a 100km commute thinking it can do 100km+, but soon find out it can only do 70-80

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I think they will, or they will lose sales. I wouldn't have ordered one were it not for the enticement of the 0% finance offer. I'd likely have bit the bullet and went for a Model 3, which was the only other EV I knew that I would receive this year if ordered. The 0% offer was a saving of around 4.5k.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

When I was selling my Gen1 Leaf, I was totally honest about what the range was. Didn't see the point in lying.

But saw plenty of other similar Leafs, and the adverts were blatantly exaggerating the range.

I 've not heard of Leafspy being able to reset those counters..

OK, I had another look at this car and took a look under the carpet in the boot. Hey Presto

I don't think this comes standard on 2011 leafs....

I also checked the DTC's and got the following

Looking at a 2017 30kw leaf but it has only 8 out of 12 bars. Why would it be down to 8 already? Any idea whatvthr expected range might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

OK, I had another look at this car and took a look under the carpet in the boot. Hey Presto

I don't think this comes standard on 2011 leafs....

What doesnt come standard? What do you see in that pic thats odd to you?

I also checked the DTC's and got the following

They could be real errors or they could be as a result of a low 12V battery where you then get random errors thrown. The starting point is to check the 12V is fully charged, then reset the errors and then drive the car and see if the errors re-appear and then you have a true state of what errors are real and need further investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The first batch of L30's have a known software problem that results in the battery showing an abnormally low bar count. If you get the firmware updated it will likely go back up to 10 or 11 bars.

Its possible to check via LeafSpy if you have access to the car.

I presume this isn't right. See the stuff in the red circles. Looks like someone cut this away and did some work and patched it up again.

I've looked at a jap import 2013 card and it didn't have anything like this.

Would anyone out there with a 2011 check there's to see if it's normal please.

All looks perfectly normal to me. I took this from a YouTube vid.

• Advertisement

Thanks for checking that for me. That's a mighty help.

np.

I don't think you trust that car at all, so if I was in that boat, I'd just walk away. Is it coming a for a great price of something?

Price would be about average for what's out there so I think you're right. I might just leave it. I usually don't buy from dealers anyway. Only reason I was going for it was the better battery SOH on it. 69% for a 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

According to the Nissan site I should be able to charge my Leaf at a dealer. Does anyone know if there are any limitations on this? I popped into a dealer recently on a long journey and was refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

Windsor is free and allowed to use so long as the unit is working and available. This was mentioned during the sale that would be allowed to use FOC. I'm sure it will change eventually as have seen an uptick in usage at the site locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ltd440

Nissan dealers in Dungarvan and Tralee charge a flat fee of €5.

They introduced it because some locals were on it every day, even though they had home chargers.

I think all the dealers could do this instead of a flat refusal

A few people taking the proverbial as usual ruin it for everyone else. I was lucky enough to be able to get some juice from a Nissan dealership in the UK when I had bought a Leaf24 at another garage about 100 miles away. I needed an access code and that was that. I suspect the code was due to locals taking advantage, but the dealership were good enough to let me plug in. A €5 connection fee would be fair enough and would discourage abuse.

Stay Free

Looking at buying a Nissan Leaf to replace a diesel corsa. Is there much difference between EV SV Premium 40kwh and the  Leaf €2000 more expensive. Also wondering should I wait until July as I expect there will be a lot more choice and perhaps better value as the new version becomes available and people trade in.

The new version is already available and any orders placed now will be for the new version. The garage I ordered from included metallic at no extra cost (normally €600) when I went for the SVE (Tekna) model. 2-tone is another €300, which I also opted for (black roof). The Tekna gets a few nice extras on top of the SV Premium (Acenta Premium) which are:

Cold Pack

Leather Seats

ProPilot

Bose Audio system

Automatic Headlights (LED too).

I think both models have the birds-eye-view 360 reverse camera system, which is a great feature I use all the time in my Leaf24 Tekna. Both models have driver alert system, moving object detection and front/rear parking sensors. The 40kWh version gets the 16" alloys and the 60kWh get 17" alloys afaik. They have leather steering wheel, android/apple carplay and intelligent cruise control. I saw the SV model has a "temporary spare wheel" listed, so it would be great if the Leaf comes with a spare...maybe someone can confirm?

I think the €2000 extra is worth it for the Tekna. If your garage is charging for metallic, hit me a PM and I will let you know where I am buying mine.

You also won't get great value on used EVs at the moment. Prices of 2nd hand are just insane. Better rates on new cars.

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭the 12 th man

Saw somewhere someone saying the Leaf is no good for long term commercial use (Taxi,delivery driver/sales rep) because of battery degradation because they have no cooling system for the battery.

I was thinking that the Leaf has been around a long time now (10 years+)and surely Nissan would have had all that time to tweak the car and it would be among the most long lasting reliable EVs now?

Advertisement