Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Spurs are going to be a right test, they're in good form and capable of beating anyone on their day.

For us to win the league we may have to rely on city dropping more than 2 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah, we'll need 'one of those days'... a combination of poor finishing, and a keeper and CB who pull off some monster stuff. At least the teams they face do actually have players who are capable of brilliant performances on their best day (Coady/Sa, Mings/Konsa/Martinez, Zouma/Fabianski), so there's bit of hope.. And each of those teams has a proper attacking threat that - even if they don't get much - have to be watched. City will obviously be heavy favourites for every game, but at least the ingredients are there for the possibility of an upset somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Yeah, fair enough. Suppose i was thinking more of the Southampton game then those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

We’ve got ourselves a good un in Carvalho. Typical Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭No Bills

The Liverpool team flight landing at Castellon (north of Villareal) a few minutes ago. 24 hours to settle in.

If we're getting a new young CM, along with having Elliott fit, I wouldn't mind seeing Curtis Jones go to Fulham on loan.

Insane records from Salah. We are privileged to watch him in our team.

Talking about the quality of signings over the last few years, wasn’t always so unfortunately. I came across this article on Fotmob, Jayzus we had some beauties.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/ranking-liverpools-27-weirdest-premier-league-signings/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

22/23

Thiago Fabinho Naby Hendo

Elliot Jones Carvalho

Possibly Out:

Milner Ox

I would have said the squad needs another midfielder. 24 year old box to box. As professionally accomplished as Jota konate and Diaz were when they joined.

Looking at that list I could see the manager deciding a new player would block the progress of the young 3. I could see him wanting to hold off on getting someone.

Milner has been offered a new 1 yr contract. Ox to go, possibly Keita if a good offer is received I’d say. I like Keita, but his input has been fleeting over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Milner will stay for another year. Klopp loves having him around by all accounts.

It does look like Ox may well be out the door though. He is not even making the squad these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ox & Minamino will all go in the summer would be my guess

Out of contract this summer are Origi, Milner, Karius & Adrian

Milner might get another one year deal with a coaching add-on to it

Those still on the books and those out on loan will also go I’d imagine are Davies, Phillips, Ojo, Woodburn & Wilson who is still on the Liverpool books for FFP reason but is Fulham player

van den Berg and N Williams are two interesting ones that if the right price comes in for them they will probably go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Article in the Telegraph tonight saying Millie has been offered a new contract.

I don't see any problem with that because he's a model pro and you just know he demands the best from his teammates.

The way Klopp spoke about Nabby in the press conference today makes me think he wants to keep him around.

Nabby is an excellent player with all the tools to be a vital squad member.

Naby & Matip have been two of the most consistent players at a top level this season.

it helps now that the squad is big and they can be rotated in and out and the starting 11 isn’t losing out.

Something I'm sure the club will be keeping in mind is that next season is going to be much more like last season than any of the other season's Klopp has had - a relentless schedule absolutely packed to the brim with next to no downtime because of the World Cup being shoe-horned into the middle of it. The squad simply couldn't cope with that last season, and once one or two injuries crept in, and rotation got more difficult, it was like an avalanche. So I'd expect we'll go into the season a little heavy on numbers (like keeping Milner, but adding another young ready-to-contribute CM too, and keeping Gomez, along with not selling Salah even if he doesn't sign) with a view to being able to rotate heavily right from the start while maintaining a high standard.

City walked it last season without being close to their best because they were the only ones with a squad to cope with the fixture list. Our squad has come on in leaps and bounds since, so we should be able to go toe to toe with them next season under similar circumstances.

Interested to see what City do on the same subject as a few positions are now starting to creak. They need a new left back anyway, and desperately need a new 6, as Rodri is the only real viable option there with Fernandinho getting auld. How their recruitment goes in the latter case especially could well define their season.

Just looking at Carvalho’s record this season for a 19 year he played 37 games scoring 11 goals with 8 assists.

That is really impressive I can see him getting a lot of game time next season under Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

No Phillip Degan or Jan Kromkamp on that list. 2 right backs from the same era that barely played despite being highly rated

Yet another massive match day in this unbelievable season. It feels so good to be looking forward to such big games. An early goal would be good for the nerves but this is going to be a tough assignment in a difficult ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭No Bills

The Liverpool squad arriving at their hotel last night:

The locals are excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

i'm bricking it for tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

Yes i'm weirdly nervous about tonight i've a feeling its going to a bit squeaky bum

Will be some atmosphere tonight, would love to be going over. Unreal that we're in another Champions League semi final.

Other 2 under Klopp we won both by a single goal for combined 10-8 scoreline! So yeah could be close.

I did however read this nice stat on twitter:

This season is the first since 1980/81 season that Liverpool have not played a single game in any competition on a Monday.

1981 CL final: Liverpool v Real Madrid in Paris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'd rest a few tonight if it was me, bring in Tsimikas for Robbo and maybe Konate play or something...

Even give Naby a rest for Spur's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Rest no-one imo, strongest possible team for all our matches now unless we lose the league before the end.

Good chance of us not playing the usual "Spursey Spurs" they are playing good stuff at the moment to be fair to Conte and them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Villarreal have great home record in the league. This is no easy game, even at 0-2

On the flip side they lost to Man United 2-0 at home in the CL this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The thoughts of risking an absolutely outstanding chance of another CL final for the sake of a low odds league don't sit well with me either.

Think we need this in the bag. Last big non PL test before the actual finals.

Start the strongest 11 try to get a lead then make 5 subs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Absolutely 100% full strength, we have one foot in CL final which we can win, the league chances are running out.

The thing is we can rotate and still be extremely strong.

Like we could swap Konate, Nabby, Diaz for Matip, Thiago and Jota and still be flying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

You would expect Konate, Trent, Fabinho, Thiago and Salah who all started on the bench at the weekend to start alongside Alisson and VVD. Then maybe Tsimikas gets a game for Robbo, one of Keita/Hendo in CM and two from Jota, Diaz, Mane and maybe even Origi is in with a chance. It'll be a very strong team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Yeah id rest Robbo too..

The energy he put into the Newcastle game at the weekend was outrageous. Tsimikas can do the job tonight. Full faith in the lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I think we will score a few goals tonight.

Remember it is them who have to force the issue here, not us.

I believe this tie will be over at half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Full team if you can get the game over early can then swap out the players more in need of a rest. Spurs is not until Saturday night what is bad is the quick turn around from Saturday night to Tuesday night, not sure why the Villa game is on Tuesday night next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There was lots of rotation at the weekend, in order to rest players to start tonight.

I can see Trent, Fabinho, Thiago, Salah all starting again tonight.

Matip / Konate seem to be swapping games anyways. Same with Jota & Diaz

Maybe Hendo comes out and Keita retains his place. Maybe Tsimikas starts this one and Robbo gets a break before Spurs. That's about the height of it really IMO.

Don't rest anyone, start with our best players, we can make 5 subs. Make a couple changes for Spurs by all means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Villa could play with 11 additional players out the field and the still won't keep City out! Sitting back against City just does not work unless your are extremely disciplined and get lucky. Athletico could make it work because they are just that and also have some extremely talented players to help them out....we see this week in week out in the PL, teams trying to keep it tight and hope for a draw against them and it fails 99% of the time.

Yeah the only thing that stops City is City.

The Palace game is a good example, they got in their heads a bit and it was one of those nights where you could just sense they weren't going to score. You rarely get that with City but it can happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

If anyone applied for tickets from Uefa you can log in now and see how you got on but if you've heard nothing then you didn't get any! No joy for me and seemingly every Red I follow on twitter!

Not much to do with us in the grand scheme of things but looks like Chelsea are in the Shitski at the moment...

Same :(

I've applied every year and never got a ticket.

Says the 6th May on the email...

I would wait til then to see..

Will have to cancel my booking if so 😭

I got my status updated this afternoon. Unsuccessful.

I wouldn't cancel if we get through tonight, I missed out on the ballot for Madrid through the club but still went and had a belter of a time with the fanzones and bars.

I'm still planning on heading over if we get through later

You can login to your uefa account and it will tell you if your succesful or not. They only contact to pay for the tickets if you are successful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

I've read similar to this a few times recently. Are people really that nieve that they think they Aston Villa players who have zero affiliation to Liverpool would throw a game so that the club their manager once played for could win a title? Jesus wept...

Advertisement