Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Went to a retail park this morning. Got there 2 minutes past opening time so oodles of parking.

Came back to the car about 30 mins later, still oodles of parking but someone thought my car was lonely so parked on top of it at an angle.

Genuinely thought I was getting in via the passenger side but approaching from the back I could squeeze in. (I had reversed in)

Thankfully there was no car on the other side so I could swing out past the "angle" of the other car.

Whatever when carpark is busy and spaces are few (and you might have no option to park tight), but when carpark is empty at least try to park straight and between the lines.

It took all my restraint not to "accidentally" ding the other car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When insurance companies give you a price but you've to add the extras you want yourself because they aren't included in the price

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Mother of god, the hotel was like Fawlty Towers yesterday. It's like they didn't realise Punchestown was on or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Twitter. I have an account for mostly soccer tweets , but rarely use it otherwise. I tweeted a fix for the uk lottery app that's giving trouble , but I don't know how to find it on the phone.

• Advertisement

TA Arrowing up (^^) to respond to a comment, instead of quoting post, only for it to be top comment on next page 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ronnie O'Sullivans hair TA's me here 😁

The Chase celebrity edition. I just watched Sean Wallace completely throw the final chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I was in woodies yesterday...it wasn't a planned visit but it was beside the shop I wanted (I had totally forgotten about that)!

Absolutely chucking down but I wanted compost so put on the big girl pants and out to the outdoor garden part I went.

Took me ages to lift each bale into the trolley as I'm only lickle and the bale weighs about the same as me! The bales are soaking and obviously dirty, as I'm trying to grab one bale the pallet above has reached its capacity of rainwater and overflows right down my back.

Finally get them all loaded. I now look like a drowned rat and proceed to checkout....upon reaching the checkout I see bales of nice clean dry compost behind the checkouts.....grrrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,184 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Helicopters are back, baby... for ferrying our VIP overlords to Punchestown and joyrides (for a price of course) for the less fortunate.

Climate what now? Don't you remember, the protesting schoolkids fixed that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mouth ulcers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Trivial one but why doesnt Angela Merkel speak English, same with the current german PM? Surely given how often they interact with English speaking nations they are required to learn it? But I never once saw her give any speech in English, the translators were always present. I appreciate it isnt their native tongue but its like they never cared enough to learn a word of it and apply it to their many appearances outside of their home country.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Her opinion is that what she says should clear and concise with no ambiguity. She feels that this is only possible in her native language. It is not like a footballer where nothing they say is of any consequence. Also German is the most widely spoken first language in the EU. English is not even in the top 5.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Also, for all we know she may speak Spanish or French or Latvian or whatever very fluently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

She speaks German, English and Russian fluently.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

How many Irish politicians bother their hole to give speeches in french or German?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Annoys me how it’s so easy to accept cookies/tracking but you have to go through multiple awkward steps to reject as many as possible at times

ie, ‘accept all’ or ‘cookie settings’ being the two options

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭4Ad

Not feeling tired after a long tough weekend knowing I have to get up in 5 hours....( I know I should be off the phone)...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Myself and cousins, aunts and uncles will be heading to celebrate my mothers birthday tomorrow. A really nice pub out by the coast that’s been a favourite of hers… My Dad for whatever reason hates pubs… despite three tables being reserved for 11 of us in a really nice place with great views over Portmarnock he’s trying to encourage or was trying to encourage us to all go to theirs…

we could order food in but the associated preparations, cutlery …clean up, overall hosting is just a ballache… as usual my dad would be doing the hosting ( yapping ) and left for the most part for others including my mother as is her nature to want to be looking after everyone… pub restaurant you just get there ‘sit down’, get a menu, order, be waited on, no preparation, effort, washing up or hosting…

Now he’s talking about ‘leaving us all to it’ and he’ll stay at home… which is fine but if he causes a scene on departure I’ll flip… but I can see it…

• Advertisement

It is Trvial , but incredibly annoying. How , due to Coronation Street and brit tv in general, but I've noticed it's creeped into Ireland, is the pronunciation of Deidre. If I've spelt it right. Its pronounced Dear-dra, not fcuking Dear-dree.

The start of the working week again ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

WhatsApp groups for everything. I know WhatsApp is handy but you get stuck in groups forever and end up muting them, but then you're afraid you'll miss something. If I wasnt in the group I wouldn't know or care what was going on.

In partiuclar, I dont like businesses using them to communicate with customers. There's a lack of privacy and too much 'noise'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I won't join any WhatsApp group, if someone wants me they can text me or ring me

I have a sub to sky sports. But today I was unplugging sky and aerials to get the Liverpool game on rte. Now it keeps asking me to insert a card !. I've no sky docs etc. A long day tomorrow listening to your Scottish bird 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who take up a seat on busy buses for their bag, then get all rolly eyes when you ask them to move it.

Also, the crowd who insist on standing around the middle of the bus when there are seats down the back, meaning anyone who gets on after them can't get to them. Just fcuking sit down!

When you do the polite thing and respond to a recruiter saying No thanks I am not interested after them contacting you uninvited. Then they come back asking me to recommend "someone from my network" for the position. GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Just seen someone use She/her pronouns beside their name on LinkedIn.

Fcuk off.

Just realised I was scrolling through LinkedIn

Fcuk off

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Having a D reg jeep driving though rural Mayo.

I may as well have a union jack flagpole drilled into the roof

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Is it flor-al or flo-ral? I go with the latter, but mostly hear the former.

This isn't TA as in annoying but TA as in angry. Seeing good decent hard-working people getting crucified by a bank. It's still going on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement