Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Don't forget Grinderman too, caught them at EP 2008 and they were on fire with My Bloody Valentine following I think.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Not only my ticket but the Roisin Dubh is now sending out emails offering two free tickets for anyone who's attended recent gigs. Only ever happens when they've only sold a few dozen tickets. I can send on the original ticket or a copy of the email I received so you can claim two tickets if nearby.

Not happy I'm missing this as they sound pretty impressive, had a track in each of the last two Peaky Blinders seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Didn't forget Grinderman BD, just omitted them as Bambara sound nothing like them but do resemble Cave's other acts. Personally, I think Grinderman is the best thing Nick ever did!

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

After all the chatter on Run The Jewels did anyone notice Killer Mike popping up in the first instalment of the last run of Ozark? Excellent start to the season (off-topic I know) and with Illmatic running right through the episode so great EP memories of Nas. One of the very few rap artists I’d shell out cash to see live.

Irish and UK number one for the Fontaines. Biggest crowd of EP weekend? They'll pull in all the indie crew AND the Dermot Kennedy fans. Good luck to whoever follows them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Ive listened to the album a couple of times and hasn't grabbed me at alll.

Will still go see them as they do have something about them...think EA would be a better setting for them than main stage

35,000 - 40,000 won’t fit into the EA. Not a hope in hell of them being put there for health and safety reasons. They may pull the biggest crowd of the weekend, a band ready to headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭crl84

Hardly.

Headlining the EA at the same time as one of the 6 actual festival headliners would be fine.

Zero chance they'll have the biggest crowd of the weekend, and pretty laughable to think Dermot Kennedy fans would have even heard of them, let alone give a sh1t about them.

As for the no1 albums, fair play and all, but Wet Leg were UK no1 two weeks ago, and the rest of the Irish top 10 albums this week were released between 6 months-4 years ago. CMAT was no.1 last month. Rex Orange County no2. It's hardly a high bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I love the way 'Dermot Kennedy fans' are presumed to be some sort of alien species unconnected with the rest of the musical world or indeed the world in general. Dermot isn't my cup of tea but he's hardly Jason Donovan. He's an Other Voices regular, it's entirely possible to like him AND like lots of other less mainstream stuff.

Fontaines are all over the place at the moment, my Mam was asking me about them the other day, the notion that it's 'laughable' that Dermot Kennedy fans would have heard of them is nonsense. For what it's worth, the new album's taking it's time to grab my attention but I'll get there I'm sure. I'd love to see them in the EA but I'd agree with Seath, there'll be too much interest.

And if we're at the stage where an Irish band going straight in at number 1 in the UK album charts is not something to be celebrated, we're in a bad way.

An act that have sold out two nights at the Iveagh Gardens plus three at Vicar St later in the year (with more likely to come) can sell out any venue in this country. Any band that can top both the UK and Irish charts (with the previous album being number two in both countries) is on the radar of DK fans. They've also hit the top five in Belgium, Holland and Germany whilst being number 7 in France. These boys are big news and big news draws people in.

The sales in the UK were more than double that of any other artist last week, not simply scraping the top spot and almost all of the DK will be at the Fontaines, whether out of love or curiosity. You do his fans a disservice by assuming they can't have a broad range of taste. Irish acts also draw Irish fans - the main stage will be mobbed when they play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭endainoz

I can't wait for the buzz of boys in the better land with a big crowd behind it. I think it'll be pretty special. So who are peoples must see acts from the lineup so far?

I think it's pixies and tame Impala for me so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Tame Impala is gonna be a fecking party!! Can't wait.

I remember when they played in 2015, I taked my brother in law out of La Galaxy to Tame Impala instead (Who he hadn't heard of at all) it was a difficult persuasion he was dead set on La Galaxy, but TI didn't dissapoint, he/we were blown away!

Would love to see AIR at EP at some point, could you imagine sitting on the grass in the sunshine at the main stage on Sunday around 3, air pumping out their magic, would be bliss!!

I get you Fatfrog, I felt the same in 2017 when they were touring back then that I volunteered for Beatyard festival and didn't regret it. La Femme d'Argent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Pretty obvious, for many reasons, that the will play main stage but just a personal opinion that I think EA would suit them better

I agree. The EA would suit the Fontaines, Pixies, Tame Impala and almost any act on the bill better. The organisers know enough not to risk a crush though. It'll be interesting to see where Glasto schedule them next month. They're down for The Park yet I reckon they'll do a big slot on the Other Stage also. Benn a while since we produced and indie band this big.

What do we think for the Pixies, then? Will the EA hold them? From a purely selfish point of view, I'd love that. I've the fear of them being on the main stage in the daylight. Either in the dark with full atmos or forget about it. I've seen them loads of times and am at them again in the Iveagh Gardens pre EP but there's something about your favourite bands showing up in Stradbally, isn't there?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I agree, a fair chance they’ll be doing the EA. No chance of pulling the numbers the Fontaines or Tame Impala will so a tent is an option but I think they’ll be sub headliners on the main stage in the way that The National, Stooges, Interpol and Manics were. Hope I’m wrong.

Yes agree, Pixies will be in EA. Hopefully will headline the EA at the same time as Dermot Kennedy. (Mind you if they were subbing on the main stage I think they'd draw quite a large crowd)

• Advertisement

Hard to see them ever hitting Stradbally but the Delines were brilliant tonight in the Liberty hall theatre. Willy must be running out of sad stories though. Such a legion of cursed unfortunates.

They’re an amazing band, each of the three albums being a bit special. Hard to see them being given the silence and respect they deserve at EP alas, observe the bad experiences of Low, Paul Buchanan, Antony & the Johnsons, Laura Marling, etc. A big pity cos I’d be thrilled to see them anywhere, Vlautin an amazing songwriter and author.

Lovely people too, stayed behind after their 2020 Galway gig to chat and drink with people. Long live the Delines. Am envious StillIll42.

Yeah, seemed lovely alright. Said they're back November 8th in the Pepper Canister. That should be pretty special.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭rubick

You wouldn't have thought that Russia would have their own version of Piers Morgan and yet here we are.

I see Sziget is making their final announcement of acts and stage breakdown imminently, so it will be interesting to observe as some of these could wind their way to EP.

This one has a mix of acts for both EP and ATN, it will be interesting to see who's added to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Baxter Dury and Aldous Harding would be great. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭rubick

Have Working Men's Club played EP? If so I've missed them, won't be making that error again if they are booked. Would be interested in seeing Porridge Radio too.

• Advertisement

Yep, last time at that post-punk stage. Most of this thread was there and they were very good though not a big crowd. I can't distinguish between them and Sports Team from the weekend, but one band was stroppy and the other played like there were 800 people there.

Advertisement