Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swap hunt disc carbons for winter bike?

Options
  • 03-05-2022 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of swapping my hunt aero 33s carbons with rotors and 105 11 speed cassette if anyone is interested? Cassette and rotors in good condition.

I want to get a winter bike for baiting around on? I have a receipt of purchase somewhere in the house. Have to dig it out. €1100 for everything with 18 months warranty left on them. They are stunning and weigh a mere 1345g per set.

They come in original box with spare parts, spokes, tubeless set up stuff etc. Very little use. Id say 400klms if even. They've been sitting in my attic months as ive no bike and i was using the pr2s on the defy in anyway for winter.

What would be a decent price to ask for them if i cant get a swap? I would like to swap for a rim brake road bike 11 speed in decent condition.

Specs here: https://www.prologuecycling.co.uk/components/wheels/hunt-33-carbon-aero-disc-wheelset-tri-nitride-spokes__17363

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Normally I'd say half RRP but with a warranty, little mileage etc. all the bits and pieces included, personally I'd be looking for 85% of what I paid (supply issues etc.) and accepting 75%. As with the selling of anything though, there are only two conditions on price, what someone is willing to pay, and what you are willing to let them go for.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Are these made for other sellers? As hunt don't have them themselves but have 32 or 35 mm on their own site

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Ive seen that alright. I went into cycle superstore a while back for aluminium wheels for about 500. The giant pr2s on my defy were giving me hassle so needed different wheels.

Mick in cyclesuperstore asked me how much i had for wheels and i said anything from 500 onwards. He pulled the hunts out of a box and i smiled like a child at Christmas when they were in my hand. He said a customer ordered them and then cancelled them so i bought them.

I have a receipt there, original box and serial number tag etc. I dont think they make 33s anymore but there are a few knocking around.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

They used to sell 33s which as far as I can tell re practically identical to their 35s

If I were in the market - I'm not, just got a set of Hunt 40 50s - I'd part with 700-750e at a push for those wheels with the cassette and rotors. The fact that they don't make the 33s anymore knocks a bit of value off IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement