Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2021 in the Civil Service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 irishgal92

So I failed the final interview stage, with 2 of the competencies only getting a 16 mark with the rest being over 20, I am really disappointed to say the least as I worked really hard and had my examples checked by my manager at PO level and still it wasn’t good enough so I will not be applying again. I’m very distraught

Post edited by irishgal92 on

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ciaran_gell

@irishgal92 I wouldn't be too disheartened I failed to pass the interview last year and am ranked 1-10 in batch 4 this year. Thought I had it last year and didn't get the score. You should absolutely try again, its worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ciaran_gell

Question for those who have gone through the process before.

I got my interview results today and am ranked 1-10 in batch 4 of the general stream, thrilled with the outcome but wondering what next. Will I be offered a position? if so how long may I be waiting on the panel?

If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 keld

Got interview results today for batch 3 of business/finance stream!

Does anyone have any idea how long it could possibly take to get called for clearance or how far on the OOM list they will go?

Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

Anyone have an idea of whereabouts they are with the interviews for the General Stream are atm? Don't need an exact Order of Merit, just an estimate like are they at 200-250 etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 JackieOnassis

I got my interview results on February 18th and PAS contacted me to start the clearance process on March 10th. I was in the teens in Batch 3 so they are moving quite quickly. I would imagine you will not be waiting very long but in order to speed things up you could start prepping all of your documents for clearance (scan of passport, transcripts, certs etc.) Well done on the result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Have the same question as the above if anyone knows! I see a lot of people mentioning batch numbers, but does anyone have a rough idea of the actual OOM that has been called so far? :) I’d email PAS and ask but I don’t see a contact email on the messages on public jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ConsRoxMySox

I relate to this, I've been failed twice and I have no idea what I'm doing that they don't like. They seemed to have changed one of the answers from last year too so it feels like I can never get it right! It's really disappointing after all the time spent on it so totally get you, I feel like there's no point for me going for it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Fe1 2020

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know where cleared candidates from the Business/Finance stream are mostly being placed?

Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 15 irishgal92

I’m glad I’m not the only one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

Have you requested feedback on your interview? I did last year in another competition, HEO ICT, and found I scored quite high in all but one competency so it can be beneficial. I placed in the top ten for the AO ICT competition I did immediately after I received the feedback and I was appointed from it. I suppose my point is, don't give up hope, try and learn something from it and try again. It'll be worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

Anyone have an idea of whereabouts they are with the interviews for the General Stream are atm? Don't need an exact Order of Merit, just an estimate like are they at 200-250 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 26 JackieOnassis

Has anyone been assigned recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cunnib22

Does anyone have any information on where the Business and Finance Stream is at? I completed my interview at the end of March and got notified last week that I passed the interview and presentation and i am now on batch 3 on OOM. Any help would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Butterfly182

Hi,

After a few failed attempts at this competition I have passed the interview and presentation in the General Stream Batch 4. I got my results last week.

Order of Merit approx 20-30. I haven't heard anything since my interview results.

It is a frustrating waiting game but hopefully it will pay off.

If I hear anything I will post about it, I'm sure there are others here that will hear first.

Best of luck everyone.

P.S. my stage one results were in the region of 170-190 Order of Merit, interview was last week in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 charlie1999

Hey! Does anyone know approximately how long it takes to start in the job once clearance is complete? Thanks!!

Update for Batch 3/ 4 General

They are still clearing people from Batch 3, nearly finished though.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mcg_philip

Does anyone have any update on the General or Irish Language Stream regarding OOM reached?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Liv1989

For anybody who has completed a presentation. Is it a completely academic style research as in including citations and referencing etc.?

Hi,

I did both anyway, if I was doing the presentation again I would time it and practice it. I was under pressure trying to cover everything I wanted to within the time.

• Advertisement

Thanks so much, I thought I might be overdoing it but at least I know I'm hopefully going down the right path with it.

No problem, best of luck

If you don't mind me asking are you on the General Stream?

Im in Batch 4 awaiting to be called for clearance so trying to figure out how the campaign is progressing.

I know someone in Batch 3 General who got placed in a dept today

I am in General Stream. How would I know what batch I am in? I just completed interview and presentation this past week.

Hey,

Thanks for your reply, right before you entered the meeting a message would have appeared which showed a batch number.

If you don't have that once you get your results you will be told what batch number you are in.

If you are in the General Stream and interviewed last week you are likely in Batch 5 as Batch 4 interviewed in March and got results at the start of April.

I haven't been called for clearance yet in Batch 4.

Best of luck with the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ConsRoxMySox

A million years later replying to this, apologies - no I didn't. I did really strongly consider either requesting a review or submitting a formal complaint because the answer for one of the questions literally changed between years and they failed me on that competency both times. Generally I wasn't happy with how the interview was conducted, particularly because I had an interview literally the day after which I thought was better structured and made me realise the AO board actually was not very good at asking questions.

I also did a HEO interview last year and requested feedback, and the feedback I got was pretty useless to be honest so I didn't see the point in it this time round. Probably the last time I go for AO anyway, rather concentrate my efforts on HEO at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

My PO asked why I wasn't going for HEO this year, until I explained that as I have a few years service I'm better off as an AO, I'll skip point 8 on the scale next year as the AO Grade is a 'New Entrant Grade'. HEO isn't a new entrant grade so there's no skipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

can anyone from batch 4 share where they're at with clearance/placement?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 crahill

Called for clearance in health policy analyst stream last week. Does anyone know how long the garda vetting and reference checking usually takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 postmetotheoffice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

How does that work? I thought you fit in where on the salary scale at the point closest to your current salary. Are you earning close to the 8th point on the AO scale presently?

Tell me to mind my business if you'd prefer not to divulge that information btw.

Advertisement