Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruitment 2021 (Closed)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭lornzeo99

@chickenlicken123 stormont has already collapsed. I am in the 2020 campaign and we have had emails to tell us that we will eventually be recruited but it has slowed down for the numbers they are currently taking in to GV. That is still a long way of for you guys by the time you do fitness, Medicals etc etc. I can’t see why they would scrap this campaign after letting it continue knowing they have no budget but just expect everything to be very slow

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭georgie1305

It will vary hugely on vetting mainly. I would say some top scorers will possibly overtake people from the previous campaign, if their vetting is quicker. I think the recruiting will become integrated to some degree, between the 2 campaigns.

This campaign will be exhausted. The amount of people that have been lost over these 2 years, and lack of new recruits (COVID), and there isn't really too many from the 1st campaign left (people will have pulled out and have pursued other careers etc).

To end this campaign now would'nt be viable. By the time another is started, the force would be dangerously undermanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Starsky1

Hello everyone.

glad to say I passed. So chuffed and sorry to anyone that didn’t, don’t give up!

its all down hill until GV

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Newsoph3

Does anyone know if having a family member with a criminal conviction could stop you passing the vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Boneyard2002

Not necessarily; it really depends on what the conviction is and if you still associate with them. You most likely would be called in front of vetting panel for more information. As you do have to declare it.

• Advertisement

@georgie1305 thats not true about people in this campaign being able to overtake other campaigns, you can read about this on a freedom of information act online.

@giggity89 I was talking about the people who are appointable. Everyone on the 2020 campaign has finished the managed stages except those that haven’t got vetting back.

I meant if 2020 have prolonged vetting cases.

Some of this campaign will surpass them if that is the case.

Hard to know anything for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Si_zx10r

It does and can happen where people from a new recruitment drive can overtake people in a previous campagne, no big deal. More so if there had of been a fast track which didn't happen on this occassion but won't be long before 2020 list is exhausted. Hopefully not too far down the merit list, looking forward to finding out how I placed overall

Me too zx10r. Once we have a merit position, then we have a general idea.

From what I've gathered, the ML position is given on the 13th??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Si_zx10r

It is indeed, I imagine it could be before that date as right to work evidence has to be uploaded by the 4th May which is Wednesday. Not long to wait either way, merit list number might be the real killer in the waiting game depending how we all place.

The hardest part is over. Thats the main thing! 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

Without sounding stupid, guessing the lower the merit the better? Ie 1 is better than 500?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Unknown117

When does everyone think the next stages will be sent out? I understand the ML has a set date to be released, but I wonder once the Right to Work has been cleared could some people receive next stages this week potentially?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

Is the vetting sent out for everyone at the same time and processed based on merit etc or will people receive vetting forms based on merit?

I wouldn’t expect them to start so soon. I believe we’d receive vetting papers at the most this week or next. Could possibly be june by the time the “fun” begins for us

Judging by what was posted in the 2020 thread having 160 people currently to enter GV isn’t an extortionate amount. Hopefully they will kickstart the remaining stages for us as for when the above people have started they can start moving onto whoever is successful in the remaining stages

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Newsoph3

Does anyone have any idea how long the whole process takes... A year or longer? Was reading another thread from the 2020 group and alot still waiting and frustrated which obviously has been massively impacted with Covid, but wondering how long it usually takes now that covid restrictions are almost gone.

Yeah I seen that to. 164 people.. I believe I seen in there also that some of them have been told that it’s a possibility of a late 2023/24 start date for those appointable in the 2020 recruitment. We’d most likely get started and be in by mid to late next year all depending on how fast the funding comes

• Advertisement

It all depends. At the minute it’s all slowed down more than normal because of the funding issues that are current. It traditionally took 1-2 years depending on how fast you go through vetting, PCA etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stuka1502

Hi all. Also just passed my AC so I am delighted. I actually withdrew an application last time due to circumstances changing and always regretted it. However reading the above comments on how slow the process can be currently is quite disheartening. Am I right in saying if you are high up the merit list and vetting goes smoothly the process could be fairly quick? Obviously depending on what happens with funding

Yeah the process due to funding is slower than normal. If your vetting goes in quick then you’ll still be in the “slow” process

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Congratulations!

Providing you pass the fitness and SMT you will be quicker than other candidates below you on the merit list, but I wouldn't say fairly quick. There is currently a trickle amount of students going into Garnerville, there are also a couple of hundred still on the previous merit list campaign which will be be ahead of us too. But yes, higher up the merit list and having no issues with the remaining stages will be to your advantage.

The best we can hope for, is a functioning executive next week to agree the Stormont budget. Recruitment for the PSNI could pick up fairly quick if that is the case! I believe in the the draft budget in January they had funding for additional officers.

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stuka1502

Thanks for your response. Suppose we will just have to wait and see what happens with the executive then. I'm now approaching 30 and really want to make the career change. It's just disappointing that it could take so long to start

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rouge_one

Just out of curiosity, did everyone get their results at the same time? Mine came in Friday around 3pm. I only ask as previous campaigns ppl were finding out at different times and it’s led me to wonder does merit list have anything to do with it? I think previous years the later u ur result was higher merit ranking. Think I read previous campaign threads when I was bord but dnt remember lol

mine was around 1620 I received mine if that helps at all? dying to know my place in it now!!

I don't think the merit list can be fully calculated until all 'right to work in UK' evidence is handed in. Then the list is created and given out.

So I don't believe email receipt timings mean anything. Could be alphabetical 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lovelylocks

Anyone know what time we start and finish in Garnerville? Are you all thinking of staying or travelling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Byc_moze

Somebody said 9-5, Monday to Friday.

If you have to travel for very long, everyday it's better to stay. I will travel everyday as I am close enough.

Advertisement