Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

Wonder did JR sign a new deal? Think I remember reading that his deal was up April/May 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With the Dark Order they may be reluctant to end it due to Brodie and -1.

This week's Elevation and Julia's eye is getting worse. Also notice during her intro when she pointed to her name followed by a cutthroat action.

And 2 RoH debuts in former RoH Television Title champion Rhett Titus and Cheeseburger, who seems to have dropped the "World Famous CB" character. Show and Henry didn't seem to have any idea who he was.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

There was a time the Dark Order were the highlight of BTE, Silver in particular, but then.. nothing really happened with them.. that never transferred into TV time or a real reason for existing post Brodie. Then they got to tag along with Hangman for a while but at that point all they really did was devalue him imo, because they just weren't relevant anymore. It's a pity they'll slowly disband now just because of contracts running out, cause they were kinda like AEW originals for me

Post edited by riffmongous on

To be honest unless it was pointed out the only one I would notice missing if they weren't there is Anna and she's moved away from them for the most part now anyway. Like Colt has only turned up with them occasionally these days and you would hardly notice.

If you watch Dark you would think 10 is a big powerhouse but then he gets fed to the likes of Moxley.

Julia wearing black to the ring with the Blondes on Dark and the Blondes calling out House of Black on Dynamite. Guess Julia completes her turn to the Dark Side tonight (on Star Wars Day) or maybe they start the final turn with a match or 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I like Julia but did this really need to be dragged out so long with no real developments for months on end?

Think they started it too early if they were waiting until after Murphy debuting to turn her. But it was a really slow turn. I did like seeing the subtle and not so subtle changes as time went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

It's one of the more annoying issues with AEW they just don't pull the trigger on something.

I'm all for long term storytelling but sometimes you gotta go with something and tell the story quicker

Yeah there's nothing wrong with the idea but they could have shortened the timeline by a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I was beginning to wonder if she had had legitimate eye surgery at some stage last year and they were just using this story as a cover.

• Advertisement

Shocking news just in: Tony Khan forces female talent to get eye implants.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Okada will be in the US next week for NJPW Capital Collision.

And that card looks stacked wirth a mix of AEW & NJPW talent.

CM Punk guest starring on this week's Mayans MC.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Darby being casually being thrown into the crowd at a Code Orange gig last night, by Brodie King. Jamie Hayter & Danhausen were there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Angelico must have renewed his contract as he is on Dynamite tonight with The Butcher & The Blade taking on the BCC

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

He could be working a similar deal as Peter avalon

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Acclaimed/Ass Boys team-up we all dreamt of is happening :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It kills me how poor Thunder Rosa's promos are since she became champ. It's just not working at all.

Julia Hart is a great actress, just wish the story advanced a little more.

Dante and Fenix was great, and the Ass boys/Acclaimed partnership should be fun for a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Masturbatory Bret Hart tribute match." Brilliant. Those 5 words alone elevated Page's title reign. He needed a bit of edge to him. The reign has been a little underwhelming but I hope he retains against Punk. That rubbish last week needed some form of calling out. Two CAWs doing a rake of Bret Hart spots at .5x speed and people calling it wonderful storytelling. It's like a pair of kids doing their favourite wrestler's moves.

Cass is in fantastic shape. Rare for giants like him to be ripped like that.

I can only assume the Julia Hart stuff is some sort of inside joke at this point. December 9th, she got misted. Black has been trying to possess/control/abduct a cheerleader for 5 months. Maybe ripping the eye patch off is him giving up and mercifully moving on.

Just give Hobbs and Starks the tag titles and let them feud with The Acclaimed. Caster and Starks going at it on the mic would be good.

Rosa/Deeb. Good God, one of the worst promos you'll see this year. Get through this if you can...

Yeah that was pretty bad but I'd have some sympathy for Rosa as she's not a native English speaker. Deeb was worse.

I think they could've built that main event more. Deonna goes from carrying 2 belts to none once both companies decided how they want to proceed and she seemingly gets no thanks for it. They could've at least made a bigger deal of the match but just seemed Tony wanted the title off Deonna ASAP.

Thought Julia was going to do something with the way she hung around for a bit but nope.

I agree the Deeb/Rosa promo was poor. Trying to figure out if it was very scripted or just neither woman could think of what to say after being told to just go out there and talk.

AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door presale sells out in 40 minutes.

14k sold with 20k in the queue to buy tickets.

So who will be the Joker in the Owen Hart Cup I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Hopefully Miro. Don't really want anyone new unless they slot in an NJPW guy for a look to get a little feud going for the Forbidden Door.

Could be davy boy jr he appeared with martha when owen was inducted into the lou thesz pro wrestling hall of fame so that would be a family connection to owen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Been a bit of talk that Mayu Iwatani might work Forbidden Door, which would be sick. Hopefully there will be at least one women's match but obviously not that easy to do when working with New Japan. She won the SWA title today for the first time to complete the STARDOM grandslam which could be a clue, the SWA can only be defended against wrestler's who are a different nationality to the current champion...

Thought that was the worst Dynamite in months. Usually I'll have a complaint or two but I'll say at the end that I still enjoyed the show. I just found it very boring. Don't know what they were thinking having the ROH women's title match as the main event. I like Deonna as well but it was ridiculous having it in that slot. I just want the new ROH to launch and get all the ROH titles off AEW TV.

• Advertisement

Darius was in a car crash and is out for 6 to 9 months.

Advertisement