Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moon Knight - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I'm still watching but it's hit and miss.

The actress playing the female lead is absolutely dreadful which doesn't help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

really enjoying this show. Didn’t know what to expect with Oscar Isaac being involved as in his previous fantasy projects (X-Men and Star Wars) he was just terrible.

Here though he seems to actually care.

I know nothing about Moon Knight but it was obviously from episode 3 that there is at least one other personality in there. The second sarcophagus in the asylum confirms this.

I was genuinely left wondering several times during the asylum sequence whether the previous episodes really happened or whether it is the way back to Khonshu.

I find it very odd that it is four episodes in and with no reference to to the rest of the MCU - I don’t mean having other characters appear but the Snap was world changing so surely it warrants a mention in all the shows and movies. However a simple bit of “thanos was right” graffiti or Harrow including Thanos in the list of evil doers that Amunet is oils have stopped before the evil was done.

Post edited by Spon Farmer on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

5: I .. eh.. 😲 .. hmmm... but like..

but like

is that them done? how could that be them done?

and what about the third?

and.. jeez not Stephen like.. he must've grown on me during the Season

Anyway, whole lotta Oscar Isaac in that one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Episode 5 was very good. Pity the best episode of the season is so late in the game when many people seem to have written off the show. Also not great that some of the better episodes are when Moon Night doesnt appear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I feel empty watching this show - it's an origin story in reverse

One episode to go and it feels like there has been no story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I thought that was a fantastic episode. Definitely feels late for such a deep dive into the main character, and with only one more episode to go there's a lot to wrap up to the point I feel it runs the risk of being rushed and unsatisfying.

We had the hints at a third personality, Layla's father, rescuing Khonshu, the other gods, Harrow, and Marc still has to get out of where he is. And we've barely had any Moon Knight in the last two episodes which means we're in for a big CGI fight in the finale.

But Oscar Isaac has been terrific throughout, and he nailed both roles in this episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭steve_r

Yeah agree with all of that - big fan of Oscar Issac in this.

It's a storytelling mess though - there's so many threads and most of them aren't developed at all really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Credit to the effects team for giving us two Oscars, a talking Hippo and I couldn't see the joins. Even the Psych ward mirrors were considered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

This episode could have been called The Oscar Show. 2 episodes now without Moon Knight really and while it would be fine in a 10-20 episode series, I feel in a 6 episode series titled Moon Knight we should be seeing a lot more Moon Knight'edness.

I also feel the trailers and the production team sold this as a completely different show than what we are getting, I was expecting a Dare Devil / Punisher type of show but at times this feels very Disney.

In saying that, 5 in and 1 to go, I'll stick about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

For me, it's walking the line between being a storytelling mess and being really well done. How they wrap up the final episode will determine on which side it lands. The Ep 5 setting made for a great way to dive in to Marc/Steven and their origins. I think kicking the show off with a standard origin template episode covering this same content would have been far less interesting. One thread on that would be the reveal 'why' Steven was created. Having grown to the know the character over 4 episodes already, that hit hard. Also, it was interesting to see that the main plot was still progressing while this is going on - Harrow clearly succeeded. Great episode overall anyway, and it's all on the final episode now to give a satisfying conclusion and wrap up the many plot points. I suspect the third personality won't feature much, and will be teased at the end for season 2 or a movie. I think the opportunity to introduce that character was there in Ep 5, and it's just too much to add in to the finale. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing it all wrap up and for Moonknight to kick some CGI butt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,693 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Not much different to a comic run, there's very little plot that drives several issues sometimes. In this case, the efforts to release a God. I don't see a problem with the approach they took, it's been interesting.

In an interview with Seth Meyers, Oscar Isaac indicated among other things he agreed to do the show knowing only the story for episodes 1 and 5. And to be fair, that's the episodes that really establish his back story for real, 2 3 and 4 drive a plot, and 6 will surely be another CGI Marvel Movie climax. Not that I mind now, they've sort of set it up for him to get his mojo back and kick some ass.

Episode 5's conclusion reminded me a lot of Inside Out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Episode 5 was terrific...by far best episode of the series...only one to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Very good episode but struggling to see how it ties in with episodes 2,3 and 4. Feels like episode 1+5 are in a different series compared to 2,3 and 4

This is the best thing Disney have done. Better than all the MCU films already.

Great episode. Really enjoying this show. While Moon Knight could have been an enjoyable movie there is no way they could have made him as interesting with such a limited time to tell a story.

I had been confused by Kevin Feige comment that with this series they “were not holding back” and I had thought it was about Moon Knight himself being more violent than previous MCU characters - which He has not been. However this question answered that it was about the abuse of a child.

The ending was very surprising as I assumed the third personality was the main cause of the scales not balancing and he would come to the rescue when the dead attacked.

However I’m guessing he will appear next episode and unite the other two and be the reason they return to the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

And there we have the reason I shouldn’t visit these threads. I had no idea there was only six episodes. So I would have been watching not knowing it was the end.

My own fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,843 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I haven't seen the latest episode yet.. but Jesus, can someone explain what the hell is going on? The plot is all over the place throughout the series.

Tomb of Alexander the Great... and... ? Was that just an irrelevant detail or something?

If this is all tied up in the latest episode don't worry.. I'll watch it tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Against my better judgement I went and stuck with it and have to say I found the final episode quite good ... would have been better if most of it was in episode 1 though as I had no idea what was really going on from 1-5

If it was episode 1 we'd have far less ability to know what was going on because we wouldn't have the familiarity of the characters and stories which led to that backstory reveal hitting so hard. I think it worked well that we saw the first few episodes from Steven's POV as he's the one who didn't know what was happening.

I've no real issue with how long it's taken to get to this point. My main concern is that there's only 1 episode left and there's now a lot to tie up to the point I fear the finale will be pretty rushed with not enough payoff.

It reminds me of Legion a bit.. in that we're inside a crazy mind, but at least it made sense in Legion... plus that had more than 6 episodes to clarify what's going on

I’ve seen the complaint of not knowing what is going here a few times and I don’t understand what is confusing to people. The story is pretty straightforward.

A man with spilt personality is chosen by an ancient Egyptian deity to be punish those guilty of threatening or harming the innocent. He has superpowers when he wears the costume and is called the Moon Knight. The mental problems lead to both danger and hilarity.

The previous Moon Knight, presumably traumatised by his experience of punishing the guilty is trying to resurrect another Egyptian deity (who in the past used Alexander the Great among others as her instrument on Earth) who will punish evildoers before the deeds are committed.

The spunky archeologist wife of the hero is also on the adventure.

That is it. It is a fun and smart series but is not remotely complicated.

None of the Asylum or the reveal of Marc’s childhood would have made any sense in Episode 1.

How can you not have able to follow the plot?

It actually is not that obvious, but thanks for clarifying 😁

Maybe there's a lot of mumbling.. perhaps I need to turn on the subtitles.

Saying that though, the latest episode marginally clarifies a few things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is a stinger mid credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yep, overall I found this series to be very hit and miss at times . Isaacs was brilliant as Marc and Stephen but not enough action in it. Hopefully the character shows up in another series, maybe Blade or Werewolf by Night

An okay finale. The rest of the gods may as well have not even been part of the show or just been talking statues. They added absolutely nothing. The story of Layla's father ended up to be a dead end unless they make it a potential Season 2/Jake Lockley story arc. But I liked the coherence of Marc and Steven, Layla becoming an avatar, and I enjoyed Khonshu though I could have done without the big-ass CGI battle in the background of the main fight as it was just a distraction.

I honestly can't tell if there'll be a Season 2, but like EoinMcLovin said I'd love to see him show up in other material regardless.

• Advertisement

The story is incredibly straightforward.

I honestly do not see how you cannot follow what is going on. I’m interested to know what it is that confuses you?

Post edited by Spon Farmer on

Advertisement