Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭irishproduce

And redoing his name to "Bryan MacDonald" is stars in their eyes code for a muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Communism may have a bigger death toll than fascism, but that was only down to duration and being obsessed with a banality of murder, communism doesn't need an *other" or a war or reason to kill. It's so dysfunctional that that is it's inevitable conclusion. Putin is just another evolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭jmreire

I'd say that its the less enthusiastic Russian citizens of Donbas that will be first to be "invited" to enlist......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Mecanudo

Not so much who would want to attack us but rather our own ability to defend key infrastructure etc until the cavalry arrived. This idea is described in better detail in the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,922 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Another 340 civilians out of Mariupol today. Russians offering more corridors out until the 7th. While they assault the plant itself. Looks like they are really desperate to parade the city for domestic propaganda on the 9th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

Yep, not in favour of senseless slaughter. The nonsense spouted here would be dangerous if boards had any real world influence.

You do realise that Ukraine had little control over Donbas/ luhansk before the war, hence the semi autonomous regions? Who's to say they're not enlisting?

As for Geneva convention, Ukraine broke the rules early in the war. Obviously forcing people to enlist would be appalling but hard to believe a patriot would not open fire on his 'comrades' so have to wonder a bit about the enforced idea.

I do not know what is going on in Ukraine but it seems according to the general on CNN that Russia has the east.

https://youtu.be/hWfHhSg4HXg

It's unbelievable that two grown adults cannot sit down and agree a ceasefire to stop killing real people.

Anyway, shouldn't you be in conspiracies insisting that viruses never escape from laboratories in spite of evidence to the contrary published in nature? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7096887/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

None of us are in favour of the senseless slaughter. It's why we think Russia should fcuk off out of Ukraine.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Aye, I don't know why Ukraine won't just surrender either.

Take the patter around to Commie Clare and Moscow Micks facebook pages, you'll find a welcoming audience

Russia should but it won't, at least that's what the serious commentators say. I posted former UN weapons inspector interview .who tried to stop the Iraq war..

Listen to it. He talks about Ukraine. Russia should leave and not feel threatened by Ukrainian ambitions too join NATO. What should happen did not and is not happening.

• Advertisement

I'm Irish, don't know where you're from. In Ireland we lost six counties and declared ourselves neutral to escape British rule. That was our compromise.

Cheerleading people in a war that is described as unwinnable by the serious commentators seems stupid.

Doesn't matter, don't know why I'm commenting, whole thing very sad, hopefully they'll stop killing each other soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Mecanudo

"hopefully they'll stop killing each other soon"

Except it's not about Russians and Ukrainians killing each other. It's the Russians who've invaded Ukraine and who are fighting and killing Ukrainians including those defending the Ukrainian people and doing their absolute best to send the Russians back from whence they came.

The Ukrainian people and Military surrendering to the Russians is not going to stop the murdering Russian bastards doing what they've already started, because they've been told that Ukrainian people are less than they are. The likes of Putin are modern day Nazis. And as we found out in WW2 - Nazis don't do compromise.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,512 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

"Killing each other" suggests the two sides declared war on each other. What really happened is that a peaceful and neutral country was attacked and invaded without any warning or provocation by its criminal and fascist (and much larger) neighbour.

There are no two sides in this war. A peaceful nation is attempting to defend itself against a bunch of murderous war criminals led by a despot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

FYI.

"Blue 01", A Ukranian Emergency Services An-26 crossed into Polish airspace at the border south of Lviv.

When it crossed, it switched on its transponder.

Looking at its point of origin, and tracking many flights over the last week from one particular airport that shall remain nameless, I'm expecting a Russian missile strike to hit this spot very soon. I'm actually surprised it hasn't been hit already, to prove a point.

One reason why it hasn't is probably because of its proximity to the Polish border and the chance of a "mistake" ( mentioned in my previous posts), dragging Poland into the War, which Poland wants, very badly. There is no doubt that there are Polish and NATO personnel at this staging post.

If anyone following OSINT or monitoring airtraffic can guess to which airport I refer, please PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

What makes you think the killing would stop if Ukraine surrendered tomorrow? We've seen plenty of evidence of the rape, torture and mass murder that the Russian army have done and are still doing in areas they occupy. Russian state TV even openly discuss wiping the very notion of Ukraine from history, i.e. they are openly talking about genocide.

If Ukraine acceed to them, the killing will keep going, it'll just be in a larger area than if Ukraine manages to hold them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Even the Russians aren't pretending anymore that NATO is the reason they invaded.

They no more felt threatened than the UK does of Ireland.

Expansionist, racist, robbing, raping, thieving feics. Pretty clear at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,204 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

fascism and communism are completely different ideologies. What Stalin and Hitlers regimes had in common was authoritarianism. They were both authoritarian states. So you could say that they started going in different directions but, in one very important aspect, ended up in the same place.

Editing to say: If there's a comparison with modern russia, it's Fascism. I wouldn't say nazi's just yet. In Nazism, there were particular internal groups who were enemies of the state. They were enemies just by existing. i.e. jews, gays, roma etc... Additionally the nazi party and the state were indivisible. They were the same thing essentially. The One Russia party isn't the state. It's Putin who's the state.

So although it's nazi adjacent, it's not quite there and has for more in common with the fascist dictatorships. "Strong" leader, nationalism, paranoia etc...

All of this is just semantics though. It might matter in a post war world but right now, he's still a **** who's invading a neighbour.

Another interesting trend in certain flights is beginning to emerge. This is in relation to Hungary, its airspace and the increasing realisation that the country is very much on Russia's side in this conflict.

Here we see the recent flightpath of a huge AN-124 strategic airlift aircraft ( and regular visitor to Shannon) which left Burgas in Bulgaria to fly to Rzeszow, or J-town as the Americans now call it.

It completely circumvented Hungary. Is there a fear now that aircraft supplying weapons to Ukraine could be shot down over Hungary at Putins request?

It's one worth watching.

Listening to ATC.

It is possible to listen in to Air Traffic Control at most airports. J-town is offline, as expected, but Warsaw isn't. Burgas, in Bulgaria is active and is probably the return destination for the AN-124 mentioned in my post above and the staging post for many "humanitarian" flights.

Here is the link to listen in. You enter the Code of the airport you wish to listen to and then have a little patience! Most of the exchanges are in the language of aviation, English, and using this together with Flightradar or ADS-B and tonnes of patience, it is very possible to form your own Open Sourse Intelligence picture of what is occurring in realtime. I could write reams about the stuff I've discovered using this method, but I've got to work!

Mess around with different airports with lots of NATO traffic. Look up the frequencies for Centres, or Control centres too. They cover aircraft transiting from one controlled airspace to another.

For example, when I fly from Roscommon ( Tiobhain airstrip) to Weston, I contact Shannon Control, low level after Takeoff so they can squawk-ident my aircraft using my transponder. I'm with them on that frequency until they hand me over to Weston Approach/Tower for approach and landing.

Here's the link to Burgas. Press play if it does nor start automatically. Enjoy.

https://www.liveatc.net/hlisten.php?mount=lbbg2&icao=lbbg

I agree. I come from an Army family. Major overall of culture needed. In the 1980's the army was firing on all cylinders. Lots of new gear, a purpose ( The Troubles, lots of peacekeeping missions etc), Other nation's armies sent personnel to the Curragh to train with us as we had the best snipers plus we became experts in handling bomb disposal and IED detection.

I also think that everyone of a certain age range should have to do their 2 years military training. It would be the makings of many, many young folk and would change the zeitgeist of a generation.

Ireland is one of the most important strategic islands in the world. People forget that. Look at our position geographically. Our deep water ports etc.

It's way more important than people realise. It's also crazy that we have no way of protecting one if the most crucial pieces of technical infrastructure in the world, over which we allowed Russia to hang around for a week or two - the undersea data cables.

The question should not have been " what was the Russian Navy doing at that position?". It should be " What did Russia leave behind.."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,907 ✭✭✭✭listermint

• Registered Users Posts: 33,907 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If you weren't in favor of senseless slaughter you'd want Russian imperialism dealt with swiftly and effectively.

So incredibly naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

@greenpilot - The question should not have been " what was the Russian Navy doing at that position?". It should be " What did Russia leave behind.."

The quite astonishing thing is that no political questions have been raised or inquiry held as to exactly "why" Russia would need or want to conduct "exercises" so far from their own waters, and in such a sensitive area.

Irish defence issues aside, if this had happened in UK waters then there would have been uproar in Parliament.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

• Registered Users Posts: 16,204 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

You may laugh but Nazi Wiccans are a huge threat to the world order.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke

• Registered Users Posts: 18,493 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

There w big difference between allowing conscripts to show they are alive to there relatives and raping and butchering women and children.

It takes two to tango. Putin want to dance by himself. He has given no concessions to any world leaders that tried to negotiate a settle before it started or since.

The real funny part is Zelenski has been calling for talks with Putin for the last month.

https://www.dw.com/en/zelenskyy-calls-for-direct-peace-talks-with-putin/av-61207865

Putin bots should think about what they are posting

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

No, it's that they feel that asking for permission might be awkward if denied, same is done over Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,922 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

LNR and DNR are Ukraine. They were invaded by Russia 8 years ago via proxy. There are men who are enlisting from that region - the issue is that there are reports that Russia is forcing men from invaded regions of Ukraine to fight against Ukraine.

"It's unbelievable that two grown adults cannot sit down and agree a ceasefire to stop killing real people." Zelensky has continuously pursued direct talks with Putin since the start of the invasion, who has so far refused. The Russians and Ukrainian delegates have been in constant talks, but it's usually for technical issues and generally a sham from the Kremlin (they are repeatedly broken ceasefires). All the "reasons" Moscow has given for the war are, of course, completely fabricated. Putin is there to invade Ukraine, conquer it, subjugate the people, erase it's identity, it's culture and kill anyone who stands in the way of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement