Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,945 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Tenable has replaced Lingo on my afternoon TV schedule. FO ! Luckily I've got the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Submitted an application for a job I haven't done in............almost 13 years. Don't actually know if I can still do it but my current job is becoming more and more unbearable with my new manager. I know well I could quickly re-learn all the stuff I'd need to do the job but the anxiety over the interview (if I even get called for an interview!) is like a dead weight in my chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When you let someone cross the road but they don't even have the decency to throw you a salute, c****

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

TA'd that I don't know if the first part is an in-joke or reference I'm not aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,945 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My TA is Champions league rules, forbidding both Man City and Real Madrid from both getting knocked out this evening.

• Advertisement

Dog hair. Dog hair err'where.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Google adsence listing advert for "Grumpy old man" T-shirts for me on this thread.

. .and yea. I have a Jeep

Google you little prick

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Damien Delaney making an absolute holy show of himself as a pundit for RTE… then proceeding to being a rude toys out of the pram condescending prick to Brian Kerr in the manner he disagrees with him… replays are shown and on the two points he is causing a fuss over… Kerr is shown to be correct… when politely pulled up on it by Kerr, Delaney maintains he is still correct despite the TV replays from multiple slowed down angles providing evidence clearly to the contrary… 😂 he’s claiming a defender was touch tight when about a meter existed between them.

basically a childish spoofer, that taxpayers like ourselves are paying for…. Surly there has to be some research, training and testing to establish if an ex pro is suitable for the gig, or does knowing so and so and having been a lower league journeyman footballer with 9 caps and a nice suit entitle you to go on telly shouting and interrupting people while giving a fictitious take on events while the taxpayers pay for the privilege…..ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Just a daft question. Is it flor-al or flo-ral? Wondering about the pronunciation.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Whatdoesitmatter

@Strumms He was on Virgin Media which are not publicly funded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Eh, was on Virgin, S. We’re not paying for him.

Thought Kerr was overly crabby about the result, felt like he’d put money on City when he was giving out about the lack of “additional time” and the ref blowing up a few seconds early.

Delaney was giving credit to Madrid for winning whereas Kerr felt it was City that gifted them it through poor defending.

Anyway, great to see City go out.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

ahh my bad, point about his performance stands though

I still don't understand the question. Are you referring to the adjective used in relation to flowers? Are you actually asking if some people pronounce it flow-ral??? Sorry, like, I'm just genuinely confused as to your confusion.

But if it is what I think it is, the closest phonetic would be "florral".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,171 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Stretch of road in rural area near me where residents pick litter and put it atop tree branches along the side of the road.

I get the point they're trying to make to highlight the issue and it's absolutely disgusting that people litter in first place...but...the toerags who littered in the first place aren't going to suddenly get a conscience by seeing their filth on display so I think it would be time better served just bagging up the litter and disposing it rather than taking the time to decorate the trees with it and make the area look even more manky.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

We have a nuisance regular visitor in work. Like any tourism business, 90% of our service is solely for the paying customers having a guided tour and accommodating larger groups, and as anyone in the industry knows, the busy part of the season begins now. We have, thankfully, been flat to the mat with school tours recently after a covid-led hiatus.

We also have research facilities, but almost exclusively limited to a local theme (people looking up ancestors generally). Whatever we have on our database, however small, is the only info we'd have. Everyone understands this.

However, there is this local fella who doesn't seem to get that at all. For the last three days he has come in with the exact same question, which we can't help him with. It'd be like going into a Vodafone shop looking for info on a new dishwasher. I'd say he visits at least twice a week and has done so since the turn of the year.

He always seems to have a knack of coming in (always without paying) when we are busy and a couple of times has even interrupted tours with the same question he asked a day earlier. Always seems to have a new 'project' to bombard us with questions about.

Now, he is unemployed, wears the same clothes every time, has terrible BO and is the real-life embodiment of a stereotypical loner that's just a bit....strange....so I assume he is probably on the spectrum, but even dropping casual hints that we can't just drop everything to cater for him doesn't seem to register.

I dread the sight of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yes, I’d find a way of denying him access and being very to the point with him… “ look, you’ve been here, X times, the same questions but we can’t help as we’ve repeatedly told you… You need to stop and allow us to continue our work…. People are paying for the tour it’s inappropriate to interrupt it on them.

My father has a hospital appointment but he wants to get the bus, vaccinated as he is but when the journey in a car is 20 minutes, you’ve been offered a lift… grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Picture the scene:

I work in a engineering company that makes axles and components for car trailers and other large vehicles. Pretty busy day I'm having.

18ish year old comes in.

"I'm looking for a spring"

OK I said, off what, an axle leaf spring or a tail board off a horse box?

"No, (as he is about to show ke his phone) a spring of a gaming pedal"

facepalm

The next generation are fooked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Well you,ve just solved a puzzle or me.

Wondering what the idea of cans bottles etc put on branches was. A bit of a silly one as most of the stuff is thrown out of windows of cars not from people walking. Cant imagine they'd be too bothered by this, and I dont really see the sense in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Really bizarre behaviour.

Maybe its like that thing where you find someone's hub cap and hang it up in hopes for them to return and pick it up...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Do up a big fancy letter for someone laying out their position about a problem they're having and what they would like to happen. Only for them to turn around and say they're not going to use it and instead are just going to wait for some magic fairy to come along and make the problem go away instead.

No good deed goes unpunished and all that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@castletownman next time they visit tell them an EHO or whatever applies where you are came in the same time and said it was not possible to accommodate them any more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Radio DJs with their stupid put-on w@nky accents. There's two Daves on one of the stations. 'nnoying as foookkkkkkk 🙉

Radio DJs that bring up a trivial anecdote time and again over their whole shift.

The radio DJ who keeps referring to himself as "Your boy Melvin".

It is what it's.

Knowing that boards re-launch was delayed because their software vendor had an upgrade and everything had to be re-done. Which means boards is never gonna be updated again.

It is what it's.

"Use pin pad to complete transaction".

That's something someone scribbled over lunch before the meeting on what sentences needed to be recorded for the self-serve tills.

And no-one, NO-ONE at any level of management or developers thought it sounded terrible??

"Use THE pin pad to complete YOUR transaction".

Easy.

And RTÉ news presenters don't getaway with reading newspaper-style headlines - THEY'RE SHORT TO CATCH THE EYE, FFS, it doesn't work aurally.

It is what it's.

I saw a house for sale on daft… asking price 1.75 million

19 photos taken of outside the house, front, garden, side, balcony / roof..

not a single photo of inside the house, bizarre.

I’m out that way twice a week and was always slightly intrigued by the curious building compared to its neighbours but who is going to have a suitable interest when the sellers / agent can’t be arsed putting up photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Doesn't matter, it'll be redeveloped!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

• Advertisement

Conveyor-belt Syndrome.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement