Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental HEO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Csk2019

Yeah same as. Would be my first time not having SJ at this point and I have done a few 😅 but sure PAS can do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭CMR23

Has anyone heard anything about SJ test or when results will be out for round 1? PAS are usually good at relaying time lines when asked (so I've heard)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ck18

It says in the familiarisation booklet that scores from both numerical and verbal will be used to determine place in order of merit.

that’s the first time I saw it that way. It’s normally pass numerical and then OOM based on verbal.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

Results could be delayed now with some people resitting the tests due to technical issues

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Skweefie

They seem to be doing it differently this time. Even the format of the application form has changed. They haven't mentioned the situational judgement as yet so one cant assume anything at this stage imo. In previous comps numerical wasnt part of ranking at all. You just had to pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Skweefie

Agree, but that wont stop me randomly refreshing my message board frantically!! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ConsRoxMySox

How are they picking who gets offered a resit? Me and someone I know both did the tests, the exact same error for both of us, and we both emailed AON support after to report the fault. For some reason she's been offered a resit and I haven't. We thought she just got the message before I did but it's been an entire day since she got messaged about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭eroc79

Makes no sense. The pop ups seemed to have happened for most people. Should have offered everyone a resit or no one. Hope you get the chance to resit

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ConsRoxMySox

It'll surely only cause them headaches down the line where people can complain about their results not being good and how they should have been offered a resit and how unfair it is some people weren't. It just makes it seem a bit shady.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 StokesDrift

Sheesh, I should've read this thread earlier! I got constant popups during the tests about my mic, so I just turned it off and back on again which made the error msg go away. Never thought to email aon about it as I assumed it was my stupid laptop. Even without that distraction I thought the tests were tough enough. Hope they post the results soon..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

Another f up by PAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Acquiescence

I emailed AON support early in the testing window as the pop-up was a fairly constant distraction during the numerical portion. No sign of any offer to resit.

I had assumed numerical wouldn't contribute towards OOM, as is usually the case, so didn't push the the issue as I would still expect to reach qualifying standard.

Might contact PAS directly given what previous posters have said.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Trampus

I had the same problem. I kept getting the no audio pop up throughout the test and I actually went into the microphone function 2 or 3 times to make sure it was on so would have wasted vital time in what was a very difficult test duration wise.

As for the test itself, I dont think the questions were particularly difficult. What was hard was getting an anywhere decent amount of them done in the allotted time. I ALWAYS finish the verbal reason with time to spare and I barely got half way through. Plus it said both tests were 15 minutes long but when you started them, they were 12 minutes long. The familiarisation booklet also said 15 minutes. The whole thing was a farce to be honest.

And no way should some people get to resist and not others. I'm 100% going to contact PAS about all of this in the morning. I think everyone should do the same and let them know what mess the tests were.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lizglennon

I think we should all pass because of all the hassle

I concur 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭scotchannie

Would it be outside the realms of possibilty that the pop up was deliberate..to maybe throw a curve ball .. see how people reacted...a good way to test people under pressure 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 15 StokesDrift

Maybe that was the situational judgement! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

You should forward the email you sent to AON to PAS. Its a right mess. They should let everyone have chance to resit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 RedBarchetta

PAS have issued a response to the Pop-ups, check your messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Purpletoes

I’m tempted with the resit but not sure if I want to risk doing worse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsallabit

Not doing the resit only had a minor issue with one pop up, going to take my chances with my original test, definitely feel I might do worse on a resit. Would absolutely second guess myself on some of the answers right or wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ber25

I would love to know what the average standard was. I got just under half of the questions done on both tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Purpletoes

I feel the same to be honest. Don’t want to risk all the second guessing and possibility of a worse result.

From people I’ve spoken to who have taken this wound of testing the general feed back is that aproximately half of the questions were answered so I’d be happy to feel I fell in line with that. Provided they are correct of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ber25

Yeah. I think I'll leave mine and hope for the best. The test ended so quickly that I'm not sure how many I got done. Don't think I want to face it again though

• Registered Users Posts: 40 clairevoyant

I had no problem with pop ups and was offered re-sit! Think I’m gonna leave well enough alone - really don’t want to tempt fate

• Registered Users Posts: 40 clairevoyant

It seems results are out between 13th and 16th May

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

I’m also torn about resitting as I don’t think I did well but don’t want to risk doing worse. I’d love to know if they will be using the same questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Yossarian_Lives

It came up once for me, but didn't bother me at all. While I think I could have done better in the test I did, I will not take a resit. I think the feeling of doing badly in the resit, and wondering how I would have done with the original. would be worse than not qualifying with my original results. If that makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭VitreousLife

Where did you hear this??

That’s the resit window..

• Advertisement

I'm going to do it again so I'll be able to let you know if the questions are the same. I spent a good bit of time going in and out of my settings checking my microphone which was a pisser. I'm also familiar with the new layout which might be a very slight advantage lol. And sure I'm not sure I could fo any worse so feck it.

Advertisement