Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AIL 2021-2022

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Hey boy

Steady on. 1 point win. Fair play to bucks doing it when they needed to but feel for Queens. Regularly beat 1B teams. Best team in the league all season but no automatic qualification this year due to covid…

that’s knock out rugby for ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Yes, apologies for my put down. You're right re ko rugby. Queens missed a conversion to win. They must be gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭timothydec77

Ignore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,316 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Thoroughly enjoying the AIL final. Just six points in it with 15 minutes left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

All those penalties in front of the post in the first half cost Terenure this match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,316 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Clontarf wins 29-23. They pulled away from about minutes 30-50 and built a big enough lead that they couldn't be caught.

Feel a bit for Terenure. Did brilliantly to work their way back into the game and were by far the better side in the final 30 minutes. Great set piece and phase play up front. Just couldn't get the final try despite being camped in Clontarfs 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭A-Train

It was a decent match, I had expected more handling errors with all the rain that had fallen between yesterday and today.

Clontarf well worth their win, just had a bit more on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Havent seen game in full yet bc of work. have it recorded to watch some time during week

seems ok crowd as well at game. awards to be held soon as well

https://www.irishrugby.ie/2022/04/27/nominations-open-for-energiaail-awards-2021-22/

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Chico Flores

First time posting in a long time, took a break from internetting!

A fantastic year, the last two weeks in Nure have been incredible. Some of the best craic I've ever had. Really proud of the side and to be from there.

Best team won the league, no complaints here and they did it missing Leinster lads who had been regulars.

What a league. Only gossip was that was Tony Ryan's last game for Clontarf, he is moving to Wexford and playing with Enniscorthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭luke9311

He will be a big loss for tarf thats for sure. Look in a way in my own opinion i think the best two team form wise in the league got two the final but i had tarf in my head going into the final tarf would win it based on previous experience on finals etc etc. Be interesting to see who goes from either of thoughs sides or any other team for that matter retirement wise as im hearing alot of the con lads retiring. Also be interesting to see if any of the championship or provincial sides offer any of the players a contract off the back of the season. From a 1b perspective i think peter osborne has been class this season and possibily worth of something, donnellan as well possibly worth of a shout with the season hes had if any clubs do come looking...

• Advertisement

Yeah its been a fantastic year, great to see lads from down the leagues play on the irish 20s etc. You don't have to move clubs to make it.

I have not seen him play but my mates in Belvo say that Peter Osbourne might be the best place kicker they have ever seen, never mind just AIL.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Lsdrugbyfan

AIL Club XV team:

15. Alex Molloy (Old Wesley RFC)

14. Sean Galvin (Lansdowne FC)

13. Stephen Madigan (Lansdowne FC)

12. Justin Leonard (Old Belvedere RFC)

11. Craig Adams (Terenure College RFC)

10. Aran Egan (Dublin University FC)

9. Richie Fahy (UCD RFC)

1. Adam Coyle (Naas RFC)

2. Levi Vaughan (Terenure College RFC)

3. Ben Griffin (Clontarf FC)

4. JJ O’Dea (Old Wesley RFC)

5. Cormac Daly (Clontarf FC)

6. Harrison Brewer (Terenure College RFC) CAPTAIN

7. Ronan Watters (St Mary’s College RFC)

8. Conal Boomer (Terenure College RFC)

Replacements:

16. Luke Thompson (Lansdowne FC)

17. Harry Noonan (Old Wesley RFC)

18. Luke Rigney (Shannon RFC)

19. Jamie Berrisford (Dublin University FC)

20. Josh Pim (Old Wesley RFC)

21. Oscar Cawley (Naas RFC)

22. Caolan Dooley (Terenure College RFC)

23. Jack Keating (Old Belvedere RFC)

Is this your team, or an official team or what exactly?

Why isn't Dylan Donnellan there after scoring something like 18 tries this season from hooker?

Sorry, have seen on another thread it's the team facing a Leinster Development side tomorrow, so understand the selection more now, and the strong Dublin slant to the selection too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Stainalert

link for the Leinster ‘A’ match this evening

https://youtu.be/MdQibbRFcII 

Stream will start at 7:15pm 

This was called late in the day.

Some lads only trained on the Thursday (Nure lads for sure and probably Tarf)

Other lads going away with better halves. I know one of our lads couldn't play cause had a family communion today and didn't want to rock up black and blue maybe

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Think most of the Tarf lads were still in the pub to be fair.

Awards for season have been announced

Cormac Daly Clontarf 1A player of season

Moment of the Year was awarded to Stephen O'Neill of Terenure, for his run down of a Garryowen player.

Alex and Ivan Soroka won the Positive Energy Award for their fundraising for Ukraine.

1B Player Of The Division: JJ O’Dea, Old Wesley

2A Player Of The Division: David Whitten, Queen’s University

2B Player Of The Division: Cathal Forde, Galway Corinthians

2C Player Of The Division: Niall Parker, Enniscorthy

Men's AIL Coach of the Year – Andy Wood, Clontarf Rugby Club

Community Hero Award - Conall Fitzpatrick, Waterpark RFC

Club Scene Award – Terenure College RFC

AIL ref panels for next season have been announced.

• Advertisement

Transfer talk already upon us. Jack Keating, the Belvo winger, joining Clontarf.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Purple Fox

Interesting move.... you hearing anything yet nure wise? havent heard anything yet from any other clubs tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,867 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Looking forward to next season, 3 Limerick clubs in the top tier now, should make for decent crowds at the derbies

Nothing yet but I'm well down the pecking order. Sadly they don't run the transfers through the J4s!!

Cathal Marsh meant to be packing it in is about all I have.

Out for pints there with the lads. Word is Lansdowne have brought in a few lads with the 150th Anniversary season in mind.

Wanderers too quite aggressive.

No names though

James Connolly not playing for us next year. Going back to Naas it seems. Nothing on Cathal Marsh yet.

• Advertisement

any word on who lansdowne brought in? would have thought they would back alot of there 20's coming through in recent season like ruari clarke, jamie kavanagh etc etc. On a lansdowne note cillian redmond has been released from london irish unware if hes going back to lansdowne or another club as of yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭ljsulster

i have heard that a lot of the queens boys are moving to Belfast harlequins

Nope no names. Just given the 150th year. Lansdowne being v ambitious.

Some teams back doing gym etc already

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭RuPi

Not sure of that, but could be wrong, heard in the past week a lot had a change of heart and are staying to get them to 1B. McKee and Saunderson away to Hinch, Humphreys to Banbridge and Anton Lupari to Inst.

Don't think that is the case re Lansdowne but stand to be corrected.

Terenure have been very busy from what I have heard. Will be tough on a lot of the lads who got them to the final last season if they are getting replaced.

• Advertisement

Belvo seem to be losing a good few players apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Five Eighth

Last season division 2B was fiercely competitive. If memory serves me correctly seven of the teams in the division (Greystones, Wanderers, Corinthians, Blackrock, Galwegians, Dungannon and Quins) have been, at one time or other, in 1A. The other three teams in the division - Sligo, Malahide and Ballina, gave as good as they got over the season. The standard of rugby was very high. Wanderers lost eight times but still accumulated eighteen bonus points. Greystones were unbeaten up to Christmas, finished top of the league but were beaten in the play-off final by Rock. Rainey Old Boys replace Rock in the division. Ballina are demoted and Enniscorthy promoted to 2B. If, according to posts on here, Wanderers and Quins are strengthening their squads, then it's going to be another cracker of a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Purple Fox

anyone know if rowan osborne is going back into the ail with a certain club or is he retiring completely? munster site just saying retiring but dunno if thats completely or just from the pro game

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

He’s retiring due to concussion. I can’t see how playing AIL would have any less impact on that.

wasnt aware he was retiring due to concussion.... thanks

Advertisement