Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Post split fixtures, Away to Ross County on 24th April. At home to the rangers the following week. Could be winning the title that day depending on results the week before. Then home to Hearts, away to Dundee United (midweek game) and finally home to Motherwell on the last day.

All about getting past County first. Secure three points that day and we can start to relax, I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Christ, the quality of refereeing here… it’s absolutely embarrassing performance some of it has been baffling

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dom40

i thought we were poor in the first half,we need a big improvment and a few changes in the second,Madden(ref)a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Madden's refereeing is almost comically biased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Rangers goal, probably the winning goal, was offside. Sums up the officiating today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Haven't seen him play before, but for someone who should be among the fresher legs on the pitch, Welsh/Welch looks awful. Is he supposed to be any good?

Christ we were poor,We missed GG badly,they seemed to want it more today again Madden absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Very poor performance from us today, Rangers were the better team and deserved the win.

Has to be said Madden was a disgrace today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

That was a shambles from start to finish. We were never up for it. Went ahead as they were running on nothing but adrenaline from the Europa League result but still didn’t have the desire to go and win it.

If we win the league this will be forgotten but I hope this isn’t the way we’ll finish out the season, we’ll throw away the league as well if we perform like that in the coming games.

All the momentum and desire and work rate that got us to a strong position in the league was absent today. Make sure to get that back for the remaining league games. We gave them that one which is annoying.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Very poor from Celtic, Rangers deserved their win. We looked like we expected to win, which is always dangerous. Reo and Kyogo were nowhere near their best.

Of course they fouled their way through the game but we all know that's what they do. Bit naive on our part to think they would do otherwise. We lost that game in midfield, it'll be a learning experience for the new boys if nothing else. Madden was as expected, nothing else to say there.

I'll be surprised if CCV isn't out for a while, he could hardly walk for the last few mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,295 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Just back from the game, trust me to go to my first game in years and Celtic were so poor!

Surprised he left Hatate on so long. I think Bitton was injured?, he should have put McCarthy on and let McGregor push forward. McCarthy has done ok when called on, he should be used now if needed in the next 5 games.

Very disappointing today. We seemed to lack energy in midfield with Rogic being way off the pace in the first half.

O’Riley, Carter Vickers and McGregor the only ones to get pass marks.

Let them have their day. This season is Celtic’s. Even if by some miraculous collapse we lose the league now, what a turnaround Ange has given us. A team and style (although missing today) to enjoy and be proud of. Confident we’ll bounce back big time next Sunday at Dingwall.

Hail, Hail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

What an incredible occasion. It was the first derby played in front of thousands of fans from both sides in a long time. It really added to a fantastic occasion and really underlined what I’d missed about these unique occasions. Always best to leave it for a few hours before commenting. Overall, there is no question that Rangers shaded it over the 120 mins. I thought Rangers were magnificent given that they played extra time during their Europa league heroics on Thursday. In saying this, Celtic missed a sitter to make it 2 nil, and while it would have been undeserved, I couldn’t see Rangers coming back from it. This was the turning point. No question. Such fine margins as always in these games. I thought Celtic battled hard, but I was expecting them to bring the energy to the game. On Bobby Madden, I think he made a few poor decisions eitherway. It was never a free kick for Celtic goal in my view. In terms of the offside for Rangers winner, that was so tight, without VAR, it was never going to be clear cut. You couldn’t blame the assistant ref here. Yet Rangers could have picked up one or two additional bookings. There is no way you could blame Bobby for outcome of this match. So onwards and upwards- It’s a really exciting end of season. Celtic have been absolutely magnificent this season, so all credit goes to Ange and the players for going on such a long unbeaten run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Sorry to hear that mate. We really were poor today just never got going. Having said that though its game over if CCV doesn't miss that sitter in the second half. But that does not hide the fact we played poorly.

No doubt about CCV, I made the same point. I think Celtic lost the game in midfield, Hatate offered very little support to McGregor which allowed Jack and Lundstram to dominate.

I’m sure everyone will agree that it is great news that VAR is finally coming to Scotland! It’s been long overdue.

We’ve 5 games left. Even if we lost the last home game v the other lot, we’ll only need to win 3 out of the other 4 games. That’d be a disaster if we somehow contrived to mess it up. As you say win v Ross County on Sunday and we’re back on track for the league. Hopefully get Giakoumakis and Kyogo fit for those final games will help seal the deal.

Post edited by TheCitizen on

According to Ange last weekend Giako should be fit for this weekend which is vital. Kyogo has been out a long time and clearly needs time off the bench to get up to full match sharpness. The bigger worry would be Juranovic. I doubt we will see him next weekend although in fairness Ralston did ok last time out in Dingwall:)

• Advertisement

Great first half from Celtic, should be 3 up. Hit the bar and a Kyogo goal ruled out harshly for offside

Ross County 0-1 Celtic

The header from Kyogo reminded me of Larsson

Finished 2-0, that was a really important win. Title decider (for Celtic) next week against Rangers

Post edited by A Dub in Glasgo on

Job done. Nearly there now. Finish it next Sunday.

IM happy with that,We should have had a few more goals there but we got the all important 3 points,Roll on next week and finish the other shower.

Good performance overall I felt. Took a long time for the second goal to arrive to kill the game but nonetheless we were well in control. They rarely threatened and we really should have been 2 or 3 up by half. Jota looked back to his best which is great timing and that 65 minutes or so should do Kyogo well in terms of getting him closer to full match sharpness.

Roll on next week. This is the sweetest title win since Wim the Tim’s win in 1997/98.

I must admit though, I am sh1tting it for when Ramsey and Diallo get up to speed. We’ll be fcuked then……

• Advertisement

I agree. I think this will be Celtic's most remarkable title win since 1998 when you consider the size of the rebuild the shambles we were in on and off the field when Ange arrived last summer and then even the constant injuries we suffered throughout the first half of the season up until the winter break really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Is Scales getting the bullet? I understand he had a 'mare against Bodo and is very much out of favour now with fans and management alike. Does anyone have any insight about his current status?

Are you asking will he be sold this summer? If thats what your asking its too hard to say yet. Depends on what we do at left back this summer. Greg Taylor has done really well since returning from injury but you feel he is still not quite at the same quality level as Juranovic on the right to be the starter and maybe is more akin to Ralston on the right in that he is a good player who does a good job but ultimately we still need a higher quality first choice option. Then there is what happens with Adam Mongomery when he returns from his loan spell at Aberdeen as well.

Poor performance today but still 6 points ahead with 9 points to play for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Yeah wasn't a good performance, lots of sloppy passing and unnecessary playing out of the back which put us under pressure but we created enough chances to have got another before they got back into it.

Couple of points dropped. Should have had that one wrapped up by half time. Several chances missed to kill the game off. Then nearly lost it in the end so it’s another step closer to the title.

I think/hope Ange is going to find a way of playing Giakoumakis and Kyogo together in the team. I think they could complement each other and are the best forwards we have. Guys like Maeda and Abada should be back up for them and they should be the first choice strikeforce. Those chances Maeda missed were crucial in the end.

second half perfomance was very poor from us,we really need to take more of our chances,we could have had this game wrapped up at half time,instead we were clinging on and fortunate to get the draw,Lets get the job done next saturday and bury some of these chances we create.I would love to see us wrap the league up against the diets with a nice few first half goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

should have been out of sight before Rangers equalised, some atrocious finishing. And after Rangers scores they had all chances to win.

If they are going to be competitive in Europe next season, they will need to be a lot much clinical.

Well I am celebrating.

Should’ve been two or three up at half time. Poor performance in the second half but hey, here we are 🎵 Top of the League…🎵

Not only should all us Celtic fans be celebrating tonight (just remember where we were at the start of the season - we lost three of the first six!!) but we get to party like fcuk (hopefully next week) when we make the title a mathematical certainty!!

Hail, Hail lads. Have a great night!!

Like everyone here obviously I so wanted us to win this one today and basically all but officially clinch it but a draw is ok for us. With the goal difference edge a win gets it done next weekend. So we are almost there. In fairness a draw was probably the fair result. We should have won it in the first half but didn't kill it off when we had the lead and were on top and they were better in the second half so a draw was fair on the day and big picture wise that leaves us with one hand on the title and hopefully we get the other hand on it next weekend now.

Effectively 7 with the goal difference gap of +19 so a win next weekend gets it done.

Another great Old Firm Derby game and a fitting way to end the season, 2 wins a piece and a draw across five OF games really shows how close the sides are. It’s great for the game in Scotland. Regardless of the result yesterday, Celtic had the title wrapped up before a ball was kicked in my view. With the exception of that 20 minute spell from Jota’s goal onwards, I thought Rangers were the better team overall. Celtic only had one effort on target all game. Kyogo wasn’t really in the game yesterday, with Maeda more prominent. I thought Hatate was very poor in midfield and it was no surprise to see him subbed. Hatate has struggled against Lundstram in last two games and that’s something Ange will have an eye on with a view to next season. While he started brilliantly, he hasn’t maintained that form. However, he is in a new country, new culture and this should be taken into account. Regrettably, the game ended with a number of unsavoury incidents. My mate, Celtic fan, was at the game and he said it was totally unacceptable. It wouldn’t surprise me if a policy of no away fans is back next season. The Old Firm Derby as a spectacle is simply not the same without away supporters.

Very well deserved awards for Ange and McGregor and Abada. Was surprised that CCV didn't make the team of the year.

• Advertisement

Paddy McCourt esque.

He should have started yesterday. He’s still a better option than Riley or Hatate especially in big games.

I am sure CCV was in team of the year? Although with so many different awards now Eire4 it’s hard to keep up. I thought him and Souttar were the centre backs?

Mark Lawwell appointed Head of Recruitment. Ange says he worked well with him in Japan so that augurs well. He has a good CV having worked with City Group for several years. So long as he doesn’t operate like his old man, playing lowball and stalling on transfer deals pushing them to the deadline and often messing them up, it will hopefully be a good appointment.

If/when we get over the line and win the league, we’re straight into the CL Group stage next season so hopefully that old nonsense old Pete used to be at every summer will be a thing of the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭crossman47

Rangers in Europa League final. Surely they couldn't win it and get into champions league.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭US3

Absolutely disgusted . I can't believe they did it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Hope they get absolutely pumped in the final.

To be fair it is Rangers run to final this year and good performances in recent years that has allowed Scottish coefficient to climb. Celtic wouldn’t be in the Champions league next season if it wasn’t for Rangers good performances, it’s important to remember this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

You're talking nonsense. Read up on it. Won't be replying to you again.

• Advertisement

Quite right. Our own coefficient points are the reason why we’re in the Champions League next year (well that and the fact that we’re the best team in Scotland).

Advertisement