Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

I don't think it'll happen but I'd like to see things turn against Christ soon. He's having way too much fun and I'm pretty sure would be more funny if things went wrong and Greg and the others could get on his case.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Tonight's episode wasn't great. None of the tasks were particularly entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Yeah, average enough. Think the toy task could have been great if they gave the contestants multiple chances. Could have seen the likes of Judy get very exasperated.

And they need to get rid of the prize task and replace it with something else. Just not funny IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Stopcock

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Couldn’t disagree more with the first couple of comments on tonight’s show. I loved it. Prize task was one of the best in ages as they all really got into it (including Greg).

Enjoying the contestants pointing out why others shouldn’t get points too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I enjoyed the episode on the whole, generally good tasks with fun moments. Decent prize task too. That said, the duck in the bucket task was one of the worst tasks I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭appledrop

Absolutely loved tonight's show.

Judy is turning into my favourite she is a scream!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

My wife was just saying she likes her in it, I just find her annoying bit probably not as bad as I’d thought I would. I’m liking Ardal, he’s constantly pointing out peoples mistakes in the the studio and it adds to it.

She is just brilliant, I was in bits on last task when she said to Sophie before she rolled the tyre 'Hey Sister Queen'🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

That's a brilliant episode. Have to confess that I think l the contestants are playing a blinder and it's making for a very enjoyable series so far.

• Advertisement

Great episode tonight alright. The shoe task especially enjoyable.

I think even just the contestants sitting closer and having the crowd has helped a bit. Any upping of the tension should have good results.

Ardal giving out about others was great, was just thinking as Alex pointed it out. 😂 "Would you wear them to a funeral" was a great question followed by some of the most relatable confusion I've seen in a while was great. Judy is just over the line of irritating tbh.

The shoe task was brilliant. They must not have young kids they play guess who with because I would have been a shark at whittling those shoes down😀

Ah yeah, couple of risky ones that split roughly 2:1 in the hope of getting ahead by a question then 50/50s all the way

Had to rewatch the shoe task it was so good.

Ardal was hilliarous, pure Father Dougal moment when he couldn't work out answer to his own question about wearing the shoe to a funeral 😂.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Enjoying the series. But couldn't disagree more with anybody who is enjoying Judy, she is unnecessarily antagonistic and generally irritating. Only for the fact it's taskmaster I'd not be watching her, she's an instant switch off for me.

Ardal is great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Her antagonism is clearly put on. You can see her trying (and sometimes failing) to keep a straight face when she's being argumentative. Everyone else seems to understand that.

It’s really weird that someone wouldn’t get that. Nearly everyone on the show is playing a character for comedic effect

• Registered Users Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, most comics do it.

Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to say dulpit didn't get it. Just that Greg, Alex, and the other contestants did, and were enjoying JL's banter (for want of a better word!).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I obviously get it. But every time is quite trying...

• Advertisement

Yeah it's like someone turning up in a fancy dress party at a Halloween party. If they're dressed like a pirate in Tesco on a Tuesday evening though it's not quite the same.

Judy is very good on the show. And i wasn't a fan of her prior to this.

I'd actually like to see her turn up the antagonism.

I'd argue that some of the people who "get it," don't.

Maybe.

Nah, she's already over the irritating point for me. Call it a character or "getting it" but if I punch you in the fact and say I'm joking it doesn't really make it a joke does it? :P

One of the all time great episodes in my opinion. The shoe task was brilliant too. Ardal is great in the studio, I love his attitude towards the show

Also, I think Judy is great in it. I thought she'd be a bit too full on but her dynamic is working very well so far

So in end I rewatched the whole episode as my husband hadn't seen it + nearly enjoyed it even more on rewatch!

Forgot about Judy + the nail!

I don't care if she is hamming it up or not she is brilliant, they all are.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,815 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think Judy's attitude works well because a) Greg's having none of it, b) it doesn't help her at all, and c) most of the time she ends up being the butt of the joke.

She's doing it to make people laugh and isn't taking herself seriously. It may not work for some, but I'd far rather that than the likes of Richard Osman or several other contestants who had their moments but were largely just "there" and forgettable; where the biggest laughs came from Greg making fun of them rather than any kind of actual back and forth banter or interaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,039 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

He is so chilled love him.

Really fun series so far.

Judy Love is a surprising highlight for me.

Watched latest episode last night. Agree with the consensus here that it was a great episode. I’ve really enjoyed the whole season. The prize task most weeks has set the tone with Greg and the contestants going back and forth

Best series in a long time (covid didn’t help build camaraderie of course)

• Advertisement

Decent episode tonight, live task wasn't great but rest were pretty good. They've reigned in the complexity of the tasks compared to the last few seasons it seems

Advertisement