Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gw 36 transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

BB

Ramsdale Schmeichel

James, Cash, TAA, Coady, Ayling

Ramsey, Son, Saka, Salah (C), Raphinha

Pukki, Jimenez, Dennis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So the above is what im thinking of using my free hit on. It's only a first attempt so might change it around a bit. Any comments? Basically im 50 points behind and need to go for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,699 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I was thinking of the exact same move yesterday for a -4 as Arsenal are no longer keeping clean sheets and Schimichael has an extra game. But now I dont think its worth it as Im free hitting in 37 so can get Schmichael for his double then anyway. Leicester arent exactly a good defence either so I dont think its worth a -4 switching keepers so late in the season.

After another poor performance from Salah last night Im thinking of switching him to Mane for the rest of the season. Salah looked to be back to form with the United game but its stlll not happening with him, everything he touches ends up in nothing lately, he is running into defenders and even the odd shot is off target. Its a move that could backfire but Mane often finishes the season pretty strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Man City playing 120 mins last night will throw a spanner in the works alright.

KDB, Jesus & Mahrez all didn't play 90 mins though. Mahrez generally tends to only start midweek games so is probably more likely for the Wolves game more than the Newcastle game. KDB probably starts both as they have to win both. Jesus - who knows.

This can go two ways for Man City, they either lose their heads and drops points this week or it galvanises them and they go win every game and the league.

yeah I thought about KdB or Foden for Citys double but having been burnt by them before in DGWs I think I'll give it a swerve. KdB looked pretty bushed last night, Id be unsure if he will play twice.

Ive got 1.5m ITB and nowhere pressing to spend it so now thinking of going Ramsdale to Ederson and Broja to Nketiah. Im relucatant to change keeper so late in the season but Arsenal have stopped keeping clean sheets so Ederson should easily outscore Ramsdale over the remaining games (unless City have a total collapse but cant see that happening). It would mean leaving James and Maddison there for the rest of the season but Im free hitting in 37 which mitigates that somewhat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭munster87

Where do we stand on Son vs KDB for the DGW now after last night’s game?

Kev looked a bit tired, great fixtures though…

Was all set on KDB as part of free hit but after last night not so sure now. Going to have to wait see how games go tonight Maddison is still one at the back of my mind. If Leicester go out he could be a real option. Foden I don't trust and now im not sure on Laporte either!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Ozvaldo

Thing abt city is look at their bench - how many of them would start over the first 11 not many imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

This! It’s not like previous seasons & Pep has been more solid in his selections.

After the collapse & their response, some of the subs didn’t cover themselves in glory.

Foden would be the main worry as has played all the minutes but Grealish & Sterling weren’t great.

• Advertisement

I’m happy with my team now & I think I’ll only look at Coutinho, Kulu & Hwang replacements. May just get Nkietah & start over Coutinho & Kulu and not take a hit.

Dependant on tonight could go Maddison for Coutinho for -4

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭JPup

Mahrez, Foden and Bernardo all played well yesterday. The latter two played the full 120 which makes them more likely to be rested.

What is De Bruyne's fitness like? He didn't look right and was pulled early. That's not a good sign.

Grealish looked great until Real scored. Then disappeared. Sterling didn't add anything. Still, both of them likely to start against Newcastle I'd have thought given that they will have fresh legs. Jesus should start too. Pulled after 78 mins.

Very unpredictable as always with city. Probably none of them get 180 minutes. What will their mindset be like too? Shouldn't be hard to pick themselves up with the title on the line but that was a particularly crushing defeat last night so who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I think KDB & Foden both start, KDB likely to get subbed around 60 if things are going well, but this is all City have for the season now, four games to win the league, they play their best 11 for each game IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Looking like a FH of

Schmeicheal

Dias - Mina - VVD - Mykolenko

Jota - Salah (C) - KDB - Foden - Maddison

Richi

On Maddison, not sure if I want Leicester to go through or not, if they do go through I think hes more likely to be rested at the weekend and play midweek, go out and probably starts both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

So this GW I dont think Kane will score much against Liverpool and Arsenal, but have 2 good games then to run in.

Swap Kane for Jesus for this GW and then bring Kane back for the run in?

White and Jorginho are both doubts this week too so I need help.

Do you have FH left? Do you have Son as cover? Can FH Kane in 37 and then try work something out for 38. Kane usually finishes the season strong and will be playing against relegated Norwich on the last day. The only thing is Son is chasing the golden boot and in better goalscoring form. Will Kane give Son penalties? Probably unlikely on the penalties side.

Kane -> Jesus is doable. Jesus probably has the legs to start the first game of the DGW as he didn't play 90, let alone 120. I think City will start Sterling, Jesus & Grealish up top in the first game (predicting Pep I know...) But Mahrez starts midweeks more than weekends and Foden played 120 so probably misses out. Rodri Gundogan & KDB in midfield. But then will Jesus start the second game when Mahrez & Foden come back in. Maybe, maybe not. But will play some part.

The thing is Kane has a brilliant record against Arsenal and those derbies often have goals. Every NLD has 2+ goals these days. I don't think Kane will score against Liverpool (full disclosure a bit of hope there too!). So you're backing Jesus v Newcastle outscoring Kane v Arsenal IMO.

In short, if you have Son, you can try the transfers. If you don't have Son, keep Kane. And as I type this, I'm rethinking my own transfer plans!

• Advertisement

I'm half thinking of an ambitious -4 which involves bringing in Iheanacho.

I will have exactly 7.0 in the bank for a striker. The original plan was to bring in a 4.5 fodder and just play Weghorst but Nacho should start 1 game in the DGW (either Everton or (hopefully) relegated Norwich).

Does Nacho in a DGW outscore Weghorst / Broja? Nacho could also be Toney. Open to that idea too, even with his single GWs. Only looking at 36+38 and Toney has nice fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Ozvaldo

Regarding Kane - think he'll do well against Liverpool and Spurs he normally does better against teams that attack spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Think I'll captain son as I expect him to do very well against Liverpool and arsenal both defences look suspect to me - Trent can't defend to save his life Gordon ran him ragged expect the same here

Leicester out of Europe wonder is Maddison an option for the last few games?

Could be a punt with the fixtures they have got but the form hasn't really been there at the same time. There's also a strong chance they might lack motivation with nothing really to play for at this late stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was sure I was selling Sterling but now I'm not sure. If he gets around 70 minutes against Newcastle, and maybe a cameo against Wolves, it might be worthwhile to hold him and use the transfer elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭JPup

Liverpool at Anfield is the tightest defence in the league. 7 goals conceded in 17 games. 10 clean sheets in 12 games since they let in 2 against Brighton before Christmas.

I’m expecting a comfortable enough Liverpool win. 2-0. Maybe 3-1. If you own Spurs players this week realistically you’re hoping they put up a big score against Arsenal.

Was getting priced out so just did Ramsdale to Schmichal and finally got rid of Weghorst to Richarlison, 2 away games for him but he will start both and has 4 goals in his last six games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

I think my 3 upfront are keepers for the run in - Dennis, Kane, Pukki. All have decent games from now on. Im banking on Kane doing something in this DGW to keep me on top of my league.

Mid field Im stuck though - Kulu, Salah, Bernardro, Jorginho Saka. Saka Im happy to keep, but the rest Im unsure of. Jorginho and Bernardo may get moved on, but for who? 2FT's and .3 in the bank.

FH left for 37 then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

No BB left so trying to get 11 players who double. Have no City cover at all (!) and can't afford any without a hit. My problem is that my hit would involve taking out Kane, which makes me very uncomfortable.

Its basically Kane + defender for 5m + 4 points vs Cancelo and Richarlison.

Would you take a risk / afford Zinchenko at 5.3?

Anything above 5.0 would require a hit. I could do Coady/Saiss to Zinchenko and (say) Guehi for a hit, which gives me a defender with a DGW37?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

I think I'll transfer barnes for leicester out , Don't think he will get many minutes over the next 2 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I was thinking this as well, anyone else on the Zinchenko train?

Walker and Ake are both injured right?

I would do that, I think Cancelo and Ricky should outscore Kane+5m defender. Would be better again if you have Son as a hedge because lately its him scoring the goals with Kane dropping deep into midfield to flick balls on to his runs in behind. An alternative might be Jesus+Laporte if you have the funds, obviously thats doubling up on Pep roulette but could pay dividends. City only have the PL to play for and Jesus seems to be part of his strongest team and he is on form.

Free hit played on this atm.

Don't think I'll change anything at this stage unless I hear something in the team news.

• Advertisement

Walker went off on 60 ish the midweek. It could have been fatigue, as he looked fecked, but it could have been a reoccurrence of the injury after being rushed back. I think Zinchenko will start the first game either way. I'm not sure on Ake, he was on the bench the last game. Was there something said?

Mykolenko at 4.9? Double DGW. Although the 37 DGW is better than their 36 DGW I think as both are at home.

I looked at him, but I already have Pickford. Double Everton defence is less than appealing! I think I'll wait and hear if there is any update from Pep before deciding.

I definitely wouldn't double up on Everton defence!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Jacob Ramsey injured ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Raph to Gordon

White to a City defender (likely)

Wolves manager Bruno Large has COVID (remember that!).

I'm not sure if there is more cases in the squad etc but it could make Chelsea assets more attractive. Wolves already have a few injuries in the squad.

Richarlison now 75% chance playing on the main site. That would have to be one wouldn't there! Lampard said issue since Liverpool match that he's hopefully okay.

2 FT's this week, I'm chopping and changing a lot with regards to City.

They looked leggy but surely they need to kick on in the PL and win it given the CL disappointment.

Any thoughts on Havertz & Kane to KDB & Jesus?

Just outside the top 100k, chasing in a couple ML's.

My thinking is - Havertz may not play both games and hasn't returned lately anyway. Kane's points are getting taken by Son who I am petrified of.

Double City attacking is risky but I want to break into the top 100k before the season is out and these 2 have great fixtures if both start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Any point in doing Robertson and mount to tsmikas & Son?

Im thinking Tsmikas plays one game at least and really want to get Son in.

Ive two free transfers so want to be set well for final week with FH to be played in 37

I could do Coady and Saiss to Ruben Dias and Tsimikas for a -4. It’s tempting.

Have thought about basically the same transfer (I have Mount, not Havertz).

But I removed myself from the Jesus aspect of it as I want to bring in a premium defender as part of a -4. I could do Jesus but I think the premium defender outscores Jesus and I've given up on forwards really.

Thinking out loud here...

The Kane -> KDB switch is what I'm probably doing too. Given KDB came off early, I think he starts both games in the DGW and City need to win both. There will be a bit less rotation in midfield I think with Rodri & KDB starting every game, even if KDB's minutes are managed, you'd take 2 * 60 mins.

Kane could well score well this GW, especially with assists and it's a risk to not have both him & Son. Son hurt me bad last GW. I think Kane wil score against Arsenal as he always does and Spurs need to win that game. So it's about your replacement matching 6 points at least.

The thing is we could just bring in Son instead of KDB, which kind of negates the Kane transfer out. Are you are FH 37 too? If so, it's easier to bring in KDB for the DGW, then FH Son in for 37 and then transfer Son real in 38? You get 2 games of both then across 3 GWs.

A couple things to consider too is that in the reverse game of Spurs v Liverpool, Liverpool were in the middle of a COVID crisis and Tyler Morton started in midfield with Milner.

Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson & VVD didn't play either which is a big part of the defensive structure. Kane should have been sent off, but wasn't and Son's goal came from the result of a keeper mistake.

Son & Alli did get in behind the defence a few times in that game alright, but the defence has improved since then and have 10 clean sheets in 12 league games now since January.

Yeah I looked at something similar for a -4 as well.

White, Kane, Havertz out for Laporte, KDB and Nketiah. Does Laporte make up the extra -4 and more, he probably does and Nketiah might do something in the double.

As you've mentioned, the Kane and Son fear is real but I'm at that stage of the season where I feel I need to be a bit risky. @Chesty08 put it into my head as I am chasing in ML and want to finish in top 100k. KDB (C) could do a job.

I'm FH37 as well yeah. Had toyed with the idea of going FH36 and just really going for it. 5% I might but it's probably best saved for GW37.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,077 ✭✭✭shmeee

The Ramsey injury news has thrown a spanner in my BB36 and taking only a -4 along with 2 FT's to set my team and bench up nicely. Even though it would have only maybe been a 4 point haul from Ramsey, still I want to move him on.

Players I need to move anyway are Doherty and Ramsey along with Weghorst.

Players I want are Cash, Gordon, Ricky.... But the money doesn't add up so could downgrade Mount to maybe an Arsenal Mid.

Trying to pick a Man City Mid is a roll of a dice, and I nearly would roll a dice to find the one!

• Advertisement

So I have options. 1 FT.

Kane & Coutinho to KdB & 8.5m Fwd

Cucho to Nkietah & bench Coutinho or Kulu

Coutinho to Maddison or Bernardo Silva.

Schar to Zinchenko & bench Coutinho or Kulu

My big fear on Kane is that he has the Norwich game in GW38 & I’ve memories of him hitting 5 v Hull end of season ti get a golden boot.

I might not hit & just go either Nkietah or Bernardo Silva (I’ve never owned him)

Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

36 or 37 -Just regarding the free hit and when to pull the trigger -obviously it depends who you have in the squad but looking at fixtures am I right to think it's better to do it this week rather than the fodder doing doublers next week

Largely depends on how many DGWers you have got without FH for this week. Ive got 10 and used a transfe to get to 11 but now Ramsey is injured Im back to 10 again. If you only have 5-7 DGWers in your starting team then Id consider using the FH this week as it would allow you to stack up on City assets provided you dont mind the rotations risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Just used my 2 FTs on the following moves: Ramsey to Gordon and Foster to Pickford

Bench boost active

Schmeichel

TAA, Cancelo, Laporte, James, Alonso

Salah (C), Son, Saka, Mount

Nketiah

(Pickford, Gordon, Pukki, Dennis)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Shedite27

End of season punt time...

Havertz and Coutinho out

Sterling (C) and Dewsbury-Hall in

• Advertisement
Advertisement