Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

The 4th garbage day with an estimated 11kw of generation in Dublin, had to import last night for the first time in about 3 weeks, not a good feeling

Unexpected good day today in Dublin and the estimates are again way off, 15kw in batteries, 5 in the car, and even gave back 5 to the man because I am that nice 😎

Ready for the sunless day tomorrow according to estimates or could be another amazing day, no one will know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

39.8 kWh.....cracking day, great heat out there. The clouds fecked it. Sent 33kWh back to the grid...I should be ashamed of myself!

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Where's the shame in saving a couple dozen kg of CO2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

Surprisingly excellent day as forecast wasn't for much sun. 59.6 generated but half of it given away to grid. At a rate of 0.001c feed in tariff I will be rich 😁

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

An unexpected 23kWh today, but ended up exporting 3.36kWh because the Zappi/EV ended up in a 'Waiting for EV' status. The charge was showing as completed despite the EV being nowhere being full. Haven't seen that before, so will have to keep an eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭championc

I was getting the "Charge Delayed" message on and off for my e-Niro. Same issue applies to Kona's.

Since then, I use Node-Red and read the storage SOC (from the ME3000) and tell the Zappi to start charging on ECO if the batteries hit 98% (since that is when the charging rate reduces). I stop at 95%.

So it stays charging during cloudover, but can never deplete the battery. At 95%, that is the level that allows for the batteries to recharge again up to 98%.

This has been faultless since I went to ECO (rather than ECO+)

I have a more or less identical HA automation set up for the Eddi which works well, but I can't do the same for my Zappi because it is wired into meter box and only uses true export (diagram here).

On a related note, there was a Zappi V2 firmware update released this week which allows you to configure separate ECO+ start/stop timers which should reduce the number of start/stops when clouds roll over (at expense of slightly higher grid pull).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Re that Eco+ start/timer comment, that's always been available on the Zappi2 unit itself, I've mine changed from the default (think it's 30seconds) to 120seconds to avoid wear/tear on EV contacters since install last year

It was, but as far as I recall, it was a single timer for both start and stop. i.e. it needed to see 1.4kW export for 120secs in your case before it started charging, and would need to see import/export below 1.4kW for 120 seconds before it stopped. Now they are separate so you can start quickly but end slowly etc.

Ah, gotya, when plugging in I used to just hit "Fast" and it would be a little cheat to get it started straight away, then hit "Eco+" immediately afterwards to avoid the full grid draw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭championc

ECO is immediate, so it's like FAST but only with Solar Excess or minimum of 1.4kW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Was forecast way off today? Best day so far for me ... pretty sure that was not what Yr said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭S'

Pretty bang on for me. Generated 41.2kW

Best day yet since install late October last year. Bern thinking about it and I have not had a perfect clear day for a good few weeks. Good days but no days with a perfect curve. Ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Not a perfect day but the best to date for us also. Thankfully could make the most of it with EV, Eddi and battery but some still going back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Hit 3.201kwh on a 3.24kw system today facing west

• Advertisement

Yes, house was set out precisely to be East West with the roof facing exactly South. It wasn't done for solar PV as it was designed 12 years ago. My Architect at time now looking back at it designed the house well, for example I have only 4 small windows on the north face.

Ah, you should have a perfect curve some day so, hopefully today, looks cloudless already

Me not giving a damn about petrol/diesel prices 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ELCAT2009

Great day today. 31.7 from 6.2kw system north Galway with just over 14 going into the ev as we were home.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭The devils

🤣🤣

A very miserable 8.8kwh yesterday, worst day of the month but at least the battery got down to 40% for the first time in a while 🤣

Empty all your EVs/batteries for tomorrow folk, must have the craziest of blue skies tomorrow:

Post edited by SD_DRACULA on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭paulbok

Boardsies with Solar PV protecting the planet from the sun tomorrow

More like

Our suppliers with all of our free export. I mean sorry the 0c they will inevitably pay for us for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭paulbok

The FIT pittance we will end up paying ourselves for through higher standing charges. 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Advertisement