Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved] Warned and banned in current affairs

Options
  • 04-05-2022 10:57pm

I received a warning in current affairs from Ten of Swords.

this was accompanied by a ban from that forum.

I’ve tried engaging in PMs but it has gone quiet.

the poster I was accused of trolling is also a CMod for that forum, so I would like an independent opinion please.

thanks.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

Hello

anybody there?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hi there.

@Ten of Swords does a lot of moderating and might be very busy. This is only a day old so please have some patience.

-Shield

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Give TOS a chance to respond. If you cannot resolve the issue between the 2 of you then I can look at it.

Please link to the warning and ban and copy and paste the pm exchange with TOS into this thread 👍🏾

I can’t link to the warning as the post was deleted.

Got them arse about face, but you get the gist.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

As I said give TOS a chance to respond

This is getting a bit silly now. I’ve had two messages in the last 36 hours.

I appreciate mods are volunteers and are otherwise busy, but an organisation like boards should have a process in place that doesn’t rely on people fitting things in between their day job and watching the champions league.

Our last communication was at midnight.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Please read the forum charter HERE paying particular attention to bullet point number 2. It clearly states that you must wait 2 days for your allegation to be founded and looked at, as sometimes moderators will talk among themselves about certain issues. CMods do the same thing with each other. Bearing in mind that it's now the weekend, and this may result in a further delay in your case, so don't expect a resolution until next week.

-Shield

Well unfortunately for you that is what we have. I would never ask a mod to sacrifice their paid position or their leisure time for boards. It is a volunteer role and the mods have wide discretion on when or if they are available to fulfil their role.

As Shield says please allow 48 hours for the mod to respond. Your issue is not a life and death scenario. Nothing is going to happen if you have to wait an extra 24 hours.

• Advertisement

I accept that and I must point out, my frustration is with Boards Software Limited and the circumstances that led to this situation, not with Ten of Swords.

Now that it is Monday, is there any chance that this can be resolved?

it is a pretty clear mistake made by the moderator, should be easy to clear up.

Ok I will look at this now.

Bear with me

I have resolved this with the Mod now, please can this be closed.

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement