Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Home charge points (purchase/problems/questions) (See mod note post#1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

For those of you waiting on grant claims.

I rang the SEAI this morning and they are approx 3 week behind target on processing post etc. They are today opening the post for March 30th.

This in turn probably means delays in repayments from the target 8 weeks up to 10 or 12 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭micks_address

why wouldnt you go down the route? cheaper to get a cash price fitting?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

If you are installing a charge point you still have to do everything the same as if you were applying for the grant. Only difference is some photos and forms really. Not sure why anyone would not go the grant route when €600 on the table.

I think the only illogical piece is they have the world Sustainable literally in their title and will only accept printed paper and not email. The mind boggles at that.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

What is needed to apply for the grant? I meet the criteria of off-street parking and have not applied for previous grant. I have ordered a new EV and expect delivery in July, but I have no other details other than an email from the dealer to say the car is ordered. I would like to have the CP sorted long before the car arrives.

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

It's all online now (and very easy I have to say once the electrician gives you everything you need) - I installed mine and submitted the application at the end of march and it was all online. It had only just changed to that system though by the sounds of it after I asked in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

When you say the application, do you mean the process to claim the grant, post installation? I can't see any links on their site to claim the grant. I can only see an online process to get approval for the grant prior to getting the charge installed.

Do you have the link for claiming the grant?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭micks_address

I applied last week. Didn't need any car details. I think you need reg number etc when claiming back but for approval was just some basic address details. Email approval came next day

The way it works is that you fill out that form for approval from the site like you point out - once you are approved, you get an email containing a link just for you (pre-populated with your details) in order to submit all the documents/photos/payment details for claiming the grant.

Edit: There's also a second email containing a link that you are supposed to send to your electrician for them to fill out too. So 2 online forms to be completed after you are approved, 1 by you and 1 by electrician.

Post edited by setanta1984 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Hmmm, the emails I received from SEAI didn't contain any links, only the pdf with the form to complete.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

I missed out on online application, so posted my documents on about 3rd march. On 31st March, they returned them all because the picture of log book was "unclear" (which I disagree with). Anyway, resubmitted and returned immediately (posted on 2nd april). But still not open based on information above! So basically, since 3rd of March, my paperwork has been sitting on Seai desk bar about a week. That's 2 months of the 6 month window they give you.

Totally insane.

^^^^

Not really accurate as the first application was invalid so the date goes by your second application.

Guys, why complain when we’re getting free money?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Well apart from not agreeing with its invalidity (but it is what it is), the feedback loop is inordinately long for something with a hard stop of 6 months.

And I'm not complaining about free money to be clear, I'm just asking for a state body to be somewhat efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Still on the hunt for a home charger, is overload protection and load balancing the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,120 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Generally, yes, but not always.

For example some charge points do load balancing between multiple charge points which isnt really what you want when you have just one charge point and want to balance it with an electric shower.... so you need to read the small print.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

Overload protection can be as simple as something that switches off the charger entirely based on power draw from the mains. You'd then need to turn back on the charger. Obviously thats very different than a feature which automatically ramps down and back up charger Power in response to the load in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

You can apply for the application number (offer letter type thing) quoting the vechicle you will be buying. I submitted 3 in total for EV orders that fell through due to long delays.

But you cannot submit for payment of SEAI charger grant (submitting paperwork) until you have a registered EV even have to send a photo as proof with charger installed.

After that it takes a long time I submitted all the paperwork including safe cert from electrician Early Feb I think, I got an email this week saying to expect payment in 5/6 weeks.

It’s the payment request form you get as part of the approval letter, after applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

before i go buying a home charger this weekend , anybody got one at a good price ??? pm me if so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 seadal

I agree...just sent in the grant request payment form and it was very straight forward once you have the necessary forms from your electrician (test record sheet, cert 3, invoice) and once he has sent in the electrician's form

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

You sent by post right it right? As far as I know the payment request part isn't online unless that changed?

Don't count the chickens yet some were sent back for minor stuff. There a note it has to be in black pen 😃. Bad form if the send back on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

@Eircom_Sucks Ask a nice Tesla owner in this group to order you this : https://shop.tesla.com/en_ie/product/gen-2-wall-connector---2_6m

All of it is 100% online now, including the payment request form.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

Andersen A2 question

Reached out 2 a few installers of which 2 got back today.

First one quoted me 3100 euro including VAT for installation, isolator, RBCO, EV enclosure, SWA cable, groundwork (lifting a few cobble locks and sinking the cable)! We can claim the SEAI grant ourselves!

Second quote is for 2300 euro and the cost of an adaptive fuse. They want 50% upfront due to 'bespoke nature of this product'.

How much have others paid for Andersen. Please PM me if you think it's awkward to put prices here and also if you can recommend a decent installer

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭markyboy

Went with a Zappi in the end. Installed and working perfectly. Thanks all for the help and advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

• Registered Users Posts: 44 seadal

Setanta is correct, everything is done online, the link to the payment request form is in the initial email you get from SEAI.

You could be right though, they may still come back to say something is incorrect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

I got an Andersen A2 recently, 2380 euro with the adaptive load balancing and 8.5 meter cable. Are you sure the quotes are for the same thing? SWA cable is armoured cable and if you need it does add on the cost. Also why the EV enclosure? The unit is enclosed. 2300 is a good price with the fuse included. The difference between your price and mine is most likely just the longer cable. The first quote feels like it's for a different job spec.

Advertisement