Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Apparently he’s going to be playing in a polo tournament in California on those dates. He has a hard life poor thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

They probably have known for a while they weren't invited. It's telling also that it's Archies' birthday today and the other royals have no recent picture of him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

This is a quote from a new book about the royal family. I just read a review of it. The bit about the proposed collaboration made me laugh. 😁

'When the Sussexes’ prematurely announced on their website “Sussex Royal” their proposal for a new working model of how they would remain members of the royal family, half-in and half-out, it was the Queen’s turn to have a dummy spit. The declaration that they would continue to “collaborate” with her “as if the monarch were the co-executive producer of a TV series” sent the Palace ballistic.

The Queen, Brown (author) reminds us, “does not collaborate. She commands … as her impetuous grandson was about to find out”. No royal highness status, no royal patronages, no military titles, no publicly funded security, and no money from the Sovereign Grant.'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I think he will end up with massive regrets when HM actually does pass away that he missed the last few years of her and PP's lives and kept them from getting to know his children.

He'll also know they died not having fully reconciled or thrashed things out between them.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So only working royals and presumably any children of same will be on the big ledge. So that means none of Ann’s kids or Andrew’s daughters will be there either which will dampen the Harry and Meghan victim complex that’s it’s singling them out. They decided to leave and there’s consequences to doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

wow. very good decision. I'm just in awe about the decisons this woman her age still has to make. And it will only end at her death bed..I also have to revise my opinion her supporting Andrew publicly (him beside her in this church event) is ok. I didn't consider it's tax payers money at the end of the day that bailed him out and I wasn't aware the british citizens took this 'affair' so badly...

To be honest, I don't think he will realise what he has done. It will be everyone's else's fault but his own.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I'm inclined to agree.

The victim complex he appears to have, will shield him from any realisation.

I agree but I bet he'll have regret.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

Guarantee you megan will let the kids loose in the back room, they will run towards the balcony window & they will be on the balcony trying to catch them & then accidentally William will stumble and turf megan off the balcony - problem / headache 1 solved .

I'm still bemused by their proposed Netflix production, if it ever does see daylight. So for example, they went to New York that time, and were reported to be wearing microphones and so forth. What interest would anyone have in watching that?

The photos have already appeared in various publications and online. So would it be their 'caint beag' with whoever it was they met? 'One or two sugars, Harry? Oh and do tell us more about your struggles with wfh...(you absolutely tone deaf plonker)' 😂

Did they envisage interviewing the queen on the balcony, or indeed inside the palace, had they not thrown all their toys so spectacularly out of the pram? 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭Icsics

Harry & Megs will attempt to hijack this jubilee for their own brand. They will land on with the kids, nobody has ever seen, and generate content for their grubby deals. They are despicable leaches, but hopefully the Palace will manage them & keep the focus on the queen

The Meghan and Harry saga will continue for a long time yet. And if they ever divorce, it'll be like the Depp and Heard drama but with their poor children at the middle of it all.

It doesn’t pay to upset one’s paymasters.

“'Netflix would have loved the first comments about the visit to the Queen for the documentary,' said the insider. 'There was a real sense of annoyance that they were made to another broadcaster.'”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10793047/Netflix-anger-Sussexes-interviews-TV-rivals.html

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Bayonet

I still can't fathom how two of the most privileged people on earth with fame and fortune, thought it was a savvy move to claim victimhood? like that was the grift you're choosing?

Oh and the climate change finger wagging at us blue coloured plebs that go to Spain once a year on holiday whilst her and that supine drip of a husband fly about all over the shop and buy up mansions.

She was already known and wealthy despite being a middling actor. And the victimhood is because she's a couple of shades off white and somehow this held her back?

She actually hired a PR firm to find her a footballing husband in the UK before she met the ginge.

Detestable people.

Yes, I remember reading about the football husband hunt.

Was Ashley Cole mentioned I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

nothing grubby about the deals, nor are they dispickable or leaches, or at least no more leaches then any other member of the RF.

they aren't appearing on the balcony at the jubbly anyway, probably for the best as i have no doubt there are head bangers waiting for their chance to take a pot shot at one or both of them.

the palace won't be able to manage a lot as the likes of the daily mail are obsessed with H&M to the point of beyond stalkerish behaviour, so they will find any excuse to focus on them quite a bit even though the queen will get more focus.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

the daily mail have been pareting all sorts of nonsense about the netflics deal since it was announced and yet it's still on and there are no rumblings from netflics itself that they are unhappy and plan to cancel it.

joke is on the daily mail as always.

really? detestable?

that's a massive over exaggeration for those 2.

what they said in relation to flying was more about flying unnecessarily, which to be fair remains correct, regardless of whether they practice what they preach (which celebrity/zelebrity does really in fairness)

• Advertisement

It’s Netflix not Netflics. Well with them stopping production on shows they had planned to make them of course it’s likely Meghan and Harry lack of anything would easy for Netflix to cut adrift. Their hock was being members of the royal family and they left so the one and only USP they had is gone because it was highly unlikely the other members of the royal family would consent to be on camera prior to the Oprah interview and most certainly won’t now after they through the family under the bus and wouldn’t have the balls to name the member who they claim is a racist.

of course netflix could cancel the deal, that's not in dispute but that's not the point.

the point is that a knuckle dragger of a news paper, who thought the law doesn't apply to it, who is bitter that their next big thing/money making machine left the country and dared to take that newspaper's publisher to court and won has been ranting on about how the deal is on the verge of cancelation/will be canceled since it was signed, and yet not a single rumbling from netflix itself on the matter, which if the daiily mail were right there would be reliable sources to prove it.

as i said, the joke as always is on the daily mail, m&h are getting on with their lives while the daily mail keep throwing their bitter toys out of the pram.

will they fly over to the jubilee? if yes, what's with the security issues? my goodness, I hope they are not going, they should stay away.

edit: just read the article Maryanne posted some posts above. So they will show up. I honestly think the Queen (or whoever could announce it or claiming to made that decison) should ban them from taking part at all. who would blame her at this stage other than this two? I think the world would have everything but sympathy taking this step.

reading the whole article, I realised Harry is starting to do what his mum (sadly) did: he thinks he can play the media. giving now interviews to rival broadcasters. Oh god, he's digging deeper and deeper...

I'm guessing that they will attend some of the events.

They want to keep the connection with being part of the royal family, (for Netflix?) despite the way they trashed them on the infamous Oprah interview and since.

Why would either of them want to celebrate a way of life that they felt oppressed by? Indeed Meghan claimed to have felt suicidal during this time.

I'm asking myself if Netflix is already (secretely) bought by some other streaming giant 'rival' and they should go under (name disappearing and the name from the rival who bought it can appear as the only big one then). Otherwise I can't explain why Netflix is obviously damaging itself by canceling/not continuing popular series and therefore angering and loosing customers. no manager in his right mind would do that..maybe the contract from H&M will become null and void if netflix goes bancrupt.. hahaha, would laugh my a*** off about that.

That I don't know. But she was wanting to replicate Posh and Becks. She wanted this power couple and figured a top end footballer would do the trick.

Imagine being so utterly contrived that you hire a PR firm to put out the news that you're coming to England and that you're available and looking for a high profile footballer.

And remember, we're supposed to believe that she's an oppressed victim.

First off, how many normal people take unnecessary flights? it's not like I'm going to B&Q and decide to take the jet. We fly when we need to or when going on our annual holiday. Those two hypocrites fly cross country just to lunch with the Obamas.

If you like to be lectured at by pampered hypocrites who tell you to stop using so much electricity in your 2 bedroom digs while they're lighting up their 15 bedroom mansions with heated pools and toilet seats. That's fine, it's not for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

Over exposure in fact people are tiring of them, all they have to sell is victimhood and a very rich victim soon loses the empathy of the public. I think he could turn it around if he did a financial deal with megan give her a big wad of cash, take the kids go home raise the kids enjoy them and then try to crawl back into good favour . Single dad harry on the school run would make great headlines and endear him in the long term back where he was. Villianize her and cut the ropes let her do alcoholism & narcotics and a few sad reality TV shows just wash your hands of her. That would work !

Advertisement