Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

Im not sure if you are suggesting I am a vaccine denier. As i have stated many times the vaccines have been great at preventing death and serious illness in vulnerable cohorts. The mass adoption across the non vulnerable population is what i have an issue with. And I have a masters in a Stem area so your expectations are flawed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

What stem field?

I think it's pretty obvious it's not medicine else youd have mentioned.

And you are an antivaxxer. You tried to claim this in your last account as well and you exposed yourself as a liar there too.

Why pretend?

Yes according to you King Mob most of the population are antivaxxers. Anyone that questions anything on the vaxx is automatically an anti vaxxer. An example of what i call an Extreme pro vaxxer. No its not medicine. I studied for the gamsats though but ultimately choose not to do the post grad. And your area of expertise King Mob?

Well no, I gave you my definition of what an anti-vaxxer is. You fit that definition I fear.

And lol, back this this "extreme pro -vaxxer" crap. You ran away last time this was challenged. You weren't able to actually point to examples of the stance because you were caught out in a lie. It's very dishonest for you to now repeat your nonsense after you abandoned it.

But this is a typical tactic for anti-vaxxers.

And I don't have any expertise. I never claimed otherwise and don't use my meager personal qualifications as an argument from authority.

Just because you have a qualification in an unrelated stem field, it doesn't follow that you therefore know about peer review.

The only thing I claim to have is a basic level of critical thinking and the ability to ask questions about things.

Which is why I don't subscribe to anti-vaxx beliefs or conspiracy theories.

So again, why are you still pretending not to be an anti-vaxxer? Why are you pretending to be a different poster?

That's very dishonest of you. Why do it? How does it help you? Cause to most reasonable people such tactics are very obviously underhanded and deceitful and would only make them not trust you or your arguments.

• Advertisement

Lol. What a full and erudite reply. Doesn't sound like you're running away again at all.

But seriously though, why are you pretending to be a new poster? Why do you guys keep reregging and playing this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Obviously ashamed of their past posting history.

Lol, Snowcat, why are you switching back to your old account now to drag up the sad, pathetic anti-vaxx argument that exposed yourself last time?

Sorry you have lost me on this 'new poster' thing. The entrenched be it Extreme Anti Vaxxers or Extreme pro Vaxxers are not really worth debating with as they are so ensconced in their views that makes debate pointless.

Nah, it's not shame. They just know that their claims pile up too much and they become too much of a laughing stock. People just laugh them off rather than engage with their silly points.

If they were ashamed, they won't be making the arguments in the first place.

• Advertisement

Not sure why you're lost. You have posted in this thread using a different username before. If this is not the case, please say so.

And again mate, you conceded this point. There's no such thing as "extreme pro vaxx" in the same way there's no such thing as round earthers.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,605 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

There's either vaccine deniers or the vaccinated.

You either accept they work, or you don't.

Its VERY clear here who are vaccine deniers

That is not the case. I have one and only username for years.

Ok. I don't believe you. But I'll play along.

Do you agree with Phishnet's argument then? Is he an example of a "extreme anti-vaxxer"?

But let me guess, you're going to suddenly tell us that you haven't been reading the thread and don't have any interest in discussing the conspiracy theories?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,994 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Prior to the pandemic the anti-vaxxers were screeching about vaccines we all had at birth.

Now they are screeching about the multiple shots 95% of Irish adults received last year

Maybe, just maybe, vaccines are overwhelmingly safe.

But dude, you ran away from the points made to you about this before. You were shown to be wrong and you ran away from the thread in shame. It was really funny.

Why are you back now?

I will remind people that you were first in this thread claiming that you also weren't anti-vaxx.

Yea, the last few years have been a boon for them and the grifters behind them. For a while it was on a bit of a down swing and they were pretty much a laughing stock.

But now, with the uncertainty of the pandemic and the streamlining and modernising of a lot of disinformation grifts they were able to snatch up a whole bunch of new followers.

And a lot of the old followers and easily lead conspiracy theorists came along for the ride.

But they didn't though. You admitted this when you abandoned that point because you weren't actually able to show where they did that.

Why are you digging up this lie again now all of a sudden.

@snowcat, still no comment on this? How odd...

Yes. I don't know anything the FDA doesn't.

As was explained to you before in ladybird fashion, you are misrepresenting things because you are an anti vaxx conspiracy theorist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's based on the latest published UK and US official data, go have a look, or do you think the Government is lying. You really need to catch up on the current situation.

No, I think you and you fellow anti-vaxx buddies are misrepresenting things and statements.

You did this already when you claimed the CDC lady said something she didn't. You did this when you claimed I dismissed her because she's a lady.

You do believe the government is lying because of some big global conspiracy. You claimed that the CDC lady was lying on national TV.

So again mate, why should we believe you?

Why are you posting here?

I have to ask again, but it definitely seems like people think there is a big conspiracy going on

Is there a big conspiracy going on with these vaccines? If so, what is it?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,605 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

But but they didn't though.

We asked you to show this was the case. We asked you to provide a quote from the FDA that stated that they were doing that.

You can't, because you're misrepresenting things. You have to invent weird double bluff scenarios to pretend your claim is true. You ran away the last time you were called out on this.

You are an anti-vaxxer. No one is buying the "I just have concerns" bullshit.

No vaccine is 1000% safe, this has been explained to death here. One country might decide that for example 2 deaths related to a vaccine in 2 million people is fine, another country, at this stage in the pandemic, might decide it's not good enough (considering the other options available)

There are multiple vaccines available. If one is shown to cause e.g. severe reactions in e.g. 50 out of a million uses, and another is shown to cause severe reactions in 5 out of a million. A country, or regulator may decide to drop the first vaccine (depending on many factors)

This has been explained so many times in threads like this I've lost count. Safety is relative.

People who can only think in black or white with black/white world views either can't understand that concept, or don't want to. Vaccines are either "100% safe" or "dangerous" to those individuals.

I'm posting here because I'm interested in discussing conspiracy theorists.

You cats however keep telling us that you aren't interested in conspiracy theories, you don't read any conspiracy theorists posts and you don't want to discuss them. You keep telling us your claims aren't anti-vaxx or conspiracy theories.

So why post here?

I think it's because you guys have been turfed out of adult discussions about the vaccines because your anti-vaxx conspiracy theories are just that, and this is where they belong. Right between 9/11 being a hoax and space travel being fake.

You lot would be so less stressed if you just gave up the pretense.

It's also been explained to him that the J&J vaccines weren't just left behind the other vaccines because of safety. It was explained how there were a ton of factors including production schedules, availibilty, relative effectiveness and public confidence.

He ignored all of that.

He also ignore the fact that it was still being offered by the FDA and would not explain why that was the case.

Lol Personal insults again. Must be getting desperate.

I've already answered your question mate. You aren't listening because you're clinging to this one stupid point you think is a killer.

The FDA did not ban the J&J vaccine. So that's not a given. The FDA did not do anything due to safety concerns alone. So that's not a given.

And again, yes, the J&J vaccine is as safe as other medicines are. You are misrepresenting what the FDA said and did because that's what you anti-vaxxers do. You do this because you aren't able to tell the truth and still believe what you believe.

You can keep asking the question if you like. The answer will still be the same.

• Advertisement

Do you agree with this statement:

The FDA has determined that the known and potential benefits of the vaccine for the prevention of COVID-19 outweigh the known and potential risks for individuals 18 years of age and older for whom other authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccines are not accessible or clinically appropriate, and for individuals 18 years of age and older who elect to receive the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine because they would otherwise not receive a COVID-19 vaccine.

Or are they lying/wrong about that?

Advertisement