Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW i4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Red is the only colour that puts the Tesla Model 3 RWD outside the grant and over 60K. (Crazy for a colour IMO)

Love the two cars, but pity the article was poorly researched, he even said the Model 3 was rattly. Perhaps initially from the states, but the car is as taught and rattle free as any modern competition now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Agreed. Wishful thinking. Theres a movement going on whereby most manufacturers are moving away from providing their cheaper models due to struggling to make a profit on them. I read somewhere once years ago that bmw couldnt make a profit on a car sub 40k euro at the time. At the time I think an e90 318i was at about that figure or something like that. So every car produced below a 318i in the range was loss making. They were just about getting people into the brand as future customers of higher spec 3 series and 5s and 7s in time.

I imagine something similar going on now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If BMW could get an i4 35 on the road for the same price as the Model 3, heck even sub grant at €55kish, it would take sales away from Tesla most definitely.

Even if it’s not a well thought out EV, it has the BMW branding, image and build quality.

Service from the BMW network can not match Tesla though and this is something the “premium” brands have to address going forward.

Theres a lot to be said about calling Tesla with an issue, and a ranger seeing at your door or workplace to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭Jizique

What??? Tesla service levels? Do you not read anything in the net? Their service is non-existent

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Thing about the net is that everyone who has a problem goes online to moan but rarely do you get anyone praising a car company online, I never bought a new BMW so can't really compare their service but Tesla Service includes ranger (at your housr/work) and generally give loan cars as well they probably need extra service centers with the numbers they're selling lately. Yes definitely a cheaper i35 would sell if priced right but range needs to be better I think the i4 is just too heavy compared to other Evs

• Advertisement

If I just listened to what’s wrote on the “net” I wouldn’t be driving a BMW with its turbo failure, EGR fires and electrical failures.

You’ll always hear the bad stories, not so much the good ones.

Just today a 520d blocked the M4 as it caught fire. Shocking stuff. But that’s not happening to every BMW I presume based on the “net”.

Funny enough, the guy that caught it on camera was also driving an F10 5 series.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Colour can be all it takes. My brother in law went to buy a new Audi Q4 e-tron in January for delivery in January 2023. He wanted a particular colour. "No" says the salesman, "you want this particular grey colour". "No" says the brother in law, "I don't like that colour". "Any other colour is €6k more expensive" says the salesman. "I like that grey colour after all" says my brother in law 😂

Sadly pretty much all Irish orders for the Q4 e-tron have since been canceled, his included...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No, it started to smoke as he was driving. He pulled over and up in flames it went.

The lamp poles are on the grass verge. Car is in the hard shoulder.

Better angle here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

The F10 the photographer is driving has a CEL and looks to be in limp mode.....I do miss my BMW's 🤣

• Advertisement

I only noticed that after i took the screen shots 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Just to note - I rang Duffy's - that's not an in stock car it seems. According to the sales guy, the only option is to put down a deposit and go on a waiting list for a production slot. It seems cancellation for cars that arrive are being offered to people on the waitlist, so I can't imagine there will be an "in stock" i4 any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

Am I wrong or is that a circa 3k increase in the last month or so?

You're spot on. Base Tesla Model 3 went up by €3k about a month ago. Used to be under €50k on the road and great value at that, one of the very few good value new EVs out there.

Yes, the whole range went up.

Good thing is that anyone that ordered beforehand are locked in at the old prices.

LR is now €71k, up from €67k.

The i4 had had a slight increase too as it used to start at €61knwhen I was looking at it and €63k got you the MSport, now that’s €63 and €65kish

They are due a further increase in the coming month or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Everything in the world is going up - I'd expect all new cars to continue increasing prices this year and next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

Thanks, that is a sizeable increase and yeah I was v keen on one before Christmas except I couldn't make it work with the dog.

I can't see all these increases ending well - when stuff is getting so expensive I think it time to stop spending personally. Markets are down massively so a lot of people are a lot poorer than they used to be

It has to stop. EV’s we’re already expensive enough and there’s only so much the consumer will tolerate.

Markets down and crypto down a bit also. We either bounce out of this or a possible recession!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

Please let’s not talk about the markets in this thread!!! I’m physically sick looking at them the last 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭PDVerse

I got an order update today. I ordered from Frank Keane Naas Road at the end of December. Base eDrive40, and was promised delivery in June. Told today that it has a chassis number and is built, and that the system is indicating delivery in June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

This car, disappointing.

Going to be a heartbreaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Car gave an error when charging at Ionity in Cashel.

Then produced a drivetrain failure, wouldn't allow me to drive even though the battery had 40%.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Two hours later and no rental from BMW. Fairly shoddy.

Oh no that's not a good start :-(

It all depends now how BMW is sorting this for you. A problem with a brand new car is one thing, but you'd expect to be almost immediately back on the road though in a similar car (or at least any car) at no cost and minimal inconvenience.

Not good for a “Premium” Car.

Hope you get sorted asap.

Worth noting the i3 used to throw these errors every now and again and anytime I seen it, it was immediately after charging.

It was as if the car threw a wobbler when being unplugged. Didn’t happen every time but I’ve seen it may times on the i3 and the 530e.

My wife came and picked me up in Cashel.

3 hours later and not even a call back from BMW assistance re a loaner/rental (they initially said they would have a car there in 2 hours)

Tried to call them... 30 mins on hold unanswered...

Not exactly the premium service you'd expect from BMW.

Configurator has been updated with new prices. about 2k increase all round. 2300 euro up for the m50 model.

• Advertisement

I had similar experience a few years back at a weekend. Their office was closed on Friday 5pm to organise loaner cars and they ended up getting a car from a hire company in Shannon airport for me but I had to get a taxi to the airport to pick up.

Be sure to keep any receipts for anything including food etc. this experience costs you as you will get it back from them.

Advertisement