Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Never seen a Cork v Kerry game with so little interest in it, some poor one sided games last weekend, everyone is expecting the same outcome this evening, let's hope not and cork can give kerry a serious test, for me some of these kerry lads have not yet proved themselves in the heat of battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

Little to no interest in Cork football at the moment and off the back of a record defeat in Killarney last year I dont think Cork people are expecting much this evening.

PUR an awkward spot for fans travelling so many won't bother.

Cork fans generally travel in numbers to Killarney for the weekend away more than anything. Good thing about Killarney is it being so compact and the pitch being a 10min walk from the town centre. Cant say the same for Cork, so Kerry fans dont travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Certainly nothing like last year's game, but then we always seem to struggle in Cork, whatever the stadium. Somewhat of a no-win scenario, in that if we win by two, people will say the performance was poor, yet if we pull away in the second half, it'll be said that Cork fell away, so any margin will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Expecting a big improvement from Kerry in this half.

Moran has been immense since he came on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Absolutely. That 1 handed catch in the square was class. He will have a big role off the bench this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭50HX

Radio kerry commentary is just gone beyond a joke at this stage....Tim moynihan is atrocious

Good win and a stern enough test for 50mins...Will stand to them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Good atmosphere. Good game (very few wides). Kerry's superior fitness and bench the difference.

Maguire ran out of steam while Kerry were able to bring on David Moran.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,545 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Kerry looked like a team that was training hard last week. The first 15 were dead on there feet from the start of the game. When the subs came on we kicked on.

Tony Brosnan seem to struggle today. Some poor decision making by him. Geany did well when he came on.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Forge83

Kerry u20s beaten by Tyrone by 2pts. Enjoyable game. Fantastic energy and pace from start to finish. Kerry very wasteful and kept trying to run the ball through the Tyrone defence which was pointless. The referee wasn’t giving Kerry frees when trying to break tackles but gave Tyrone a few soft ones on the other end. The black card issued to the Kerry fullback wasn’t the cousin of a black card. Canavan unreal for Tyrone in second half and ripped Joey Nagle apart. I thought Burke and Geaney were very wasteful for Kerry upfront. Very impressed with Kevin Goulding, looks to have great vision kicked some nice scores.Tyrone just about the better team as were far more efficient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 CP05

Where is the final on?

The hurlers season may have effectively ended today, but they certainly gave it their all against Offaly this afternoon - that spell midway through the second half where they went 10 points down ultimately cost them, and despite a valiant comeback, the Faithful struck the winner in injury-time:

Interesting that the Munster final throws in at 3 on the 28th, certainly ensures everyone will be home in plenty of time for the Champions League final!

How much are the tickets to the Final does anyone know?

Not on Ticketmaster yet, but last year they were €35 for the stand and €20 for the terrace.

30 euro for the terrace and no option to select the stand for season ticket holder, what a load of crap

Stand tickets available on my Kerry season ticket for 40 euro.

I always go terrace anyway but stand tickets are definitely available for season ticket holders

I just checked again as you had me 2nd guessing myself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I have the option of the stand ticket as well but €40 is a bit mad.

It used to be €40 for an All Ireland Semi Final.

May get a Terrace ticket and hope the weather is good.

• Advertisement

The cynic in me is thinking the price hike is due to the loss from the cork Kerry semi final and they're trying to make it up with this game. 20 to 30 for terrace is a huge jump and at the very least its despicable price gouging for no reason at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Fairly steep for a game in which we are 99.9% certain who the winner will be.

Not much incentive for Limerick people to travel at those prices.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Those prices are fairly steep. I can see quite a small crowd as a result.

Remarkable result for the hurlers this afternoon, not just to beat Antrim in Corrigan Park, but also the stroke of luck with Carlow winning in Tullamore! If they win the Joe Mac final, they'll play the third Munster team in the All-Ireland series (even Tipp aren't out of it yet), and the loser plays the third Leinster team (now confirmed as Wexford). Antrim will be automatically promoted into Leinster if they're champions, but we'd have to play the bottom team in Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

Fantastic result for the hurlers today!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Forge83

While it’s great that Kerry won today, I think the praise has been a bit over the top. They beat a weakened Antrim team who rested players as they had already qualified for the final. It was a nothing game for Antrim. Carlow beating Offaly was a massive bit of luck to see Kerry into a final that they are lucky to be in only because the schedule gave them Antrim on the last day.

Antrim will be strong favourites for the final and hard to see past them winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭conor05

Moving on from your negative post, even if Kerry lose to Antrim in the final they get to play Wexford in a home match in Tralee for the All Ireland q-final preliminary round.

That in himself would be a massive game for Kerry and should generate big interest.

Well done Kerry hurlers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Anyone with a season ticket can you help confirm if my understanding is correct, the Cork game was free admission so that does not count as an opt out, and attendance is not tracked anymore? Therefore if I don't buy a ticket to the Limerick game but buy a ticket to the QF and the semi-final if we make it then that would qualify me for an AI ticket if we make it?

County Board have totally f*ucked this one up with the prices they are charging, shocking stuff.

Thanks

Yep. That's exactly it.

I cant make the Limerick game cos I cant get it off work. Saturday games are killing me. So I'm using the Munster final as my opt out game and I'll be able to make the all Ireland series should we get that far

• Advertisement

Advertisement