Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Funny you mention hardware store because i worked in a hardware store for 12 years, and you won't find them there either. If it were Pre Internet era,I would have given him an A for effort. But being the nosey bugger I am, I spent 30 seconds on the Internet and found any selection of these springs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm up since 16:00 what do I win?

TA hayfever, but only a bit of hayfever so really I just have an itchy face 😡

Maybe give him some slack. Internet searches are highly curated and targetted. His google was probably giving him links for buying new pedals as his internet browsing suggest no interest or aptitude in practical skills, while your internet is full on practical skills and sourced parts. I am supervising my kids on internet and insist they look up how to tutorials etc. No niknok or spacebook or celebrity nonsense allowed. Their search results are quality, the targetted adds are all practical, craft , hobby or science related

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Truth be told I actually felt a little bad for the lad after, and wished had more time so I could have pointed him in the right direction. Funnily enough he may have picked them up in somewhere like Lidl or aldi they often do sets of a selection of springs. While a simple requirement, springs come in all different shapes and sizes, so getting a set he may find wjat he needs

In truth, i do find a lot of the queries from some of the late teens in my job highly annoying. They google a job that requires practical skills, cannot find a good result, or its behind a paywall, so i just reach for the big beaten down hardback almanac from my topshelf which has the required advice, hand it over and then watch em struggle with the index. Grrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You expect them to read a dead tree? What a monster you are. *thinks back wistfully to starting my first proper job and being handed a 4 feet high stack of manuals to Microsoft Visual C++ for Windows V1.5. Good Times.*

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Maybe not annoy more so don't get.

I know people and they don't want photos of there kids on social media and that's fine what I don't get is those who put up family photos with there son/daughters face blured out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

****ing postman!

Last week he tried to deliver a package at the very crack of dawn. I was sleeping - I probably wouldn't have heard him if he did ring the bell. Three times in the last three weeks I've had to go to the depot to collect a package. Am I paying for delivery or what? I get like four letters a year - does he want to make himself completely useless? Deliver my bloody packages!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Wedgies.

No. 😐

Spicy wedgies.

No. 😐 They're wedges. Or spicy wedges. Not fkin wedgies.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

My dog has a bowl full of dog nuts but will bark and whinge about the one dog nut that rolled under the dryer she can't reach

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I can understand that. It's the one that got away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Lawnmower won't start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

A spicy wedgie sounds particularly uncomfortable.

Does the perpetrator stick chilli powder down your jocks before pulling the jocks up?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

an American friend of mine fell in love with a Swiss guy, married him, and they’ve had a baby girl. She moved to Switzerland and set up home…

both earning very good money, nice careers…lovely house, car etc but …her behaviour and demeanour has been weird for a while…. Seems to be drinking a lot on and off…she’s outrageously outgoing, in a fun and positive and active way, he’s quiet, nice but in truth as about as interesting and proactive as a wet sloth on sleeping tablets…. Upshot is she’s been kinda seeing someone else… for a few weeks, stupid… ok marriage is over, they’ve a 3 year old, she’s moved country about 5 years ago to be with hubby….and now doesn’t know what will happen with kid, marriage, she wants to go home to the US….very possibly there is some psyche issue as the conversation isn’t too rational…nothing worrisome just the deduction of her behaviour and situation is mad…

Sooo I’ve spent the last hour as a fûckin marriage / life councillor only to get told what I’m telling her is wrong… so I’m just a shoulder to cry on…. Nice way to spend my Sat evening… ffs … I’ve huge empathy for them from outside into what’s happening but I’m unable to provide solutions to problems outside of recommending proper professional advice…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Very annoying on a sunny day.

Reminds me of a TA. I bought a battery start lawnmower, thinking it would be easier on the arms than a cord start. Biggest pile of sh**e ever. Cost me almost as much as my current Husqvarna. Learned an expensive lesson.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

When posters try to ruin a nice happy thread talking about their bowel habits.

I mean there's even a dedicated thread in After Hours that they could post on if that's what makes them happy. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Same

There's enough petrol & oil (I added both earlier). Hasn't been used for a few months though. Can't figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I had that issue last few weeks 🤬😡

Tried a few things, found out tilting it on it's side for a few seconds it would start and then cut out after about 10 seconds.

Turns out it was the filter - it was manky.

Of course before I found that out I had a friend who knew better, look at it. He was taking out the Carburetor to clean it - the post 2016 Briggs and Stratton Carburetors are plastic and heaps of sh*te (I found this all out in the last few weeks). A little bit snapped off. Had to get a new carburetor and filter. €70 altogether.

Filter was €10.

We had tried it without the filter, and the same issue was happening, so i was told it wasn't the filter. - It was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Believe me, I try and cut the grass as rarely as possible. This was to be the first cut of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The grass is growing way to quickly for my liking

Lovely quiet sunny Sunday morning and someone annoying me about "mass".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

This new thing of taking a picture of holding a dying persons hand and posting the details on line for sympathy. Something very off about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

In a few years we’ll probably have to see pics of someone being diagnosed with a terminal illness…

#terribletuesday #terminalattwo #theclockstartsnow #thefinalcountdown #nomiraclecure #morbidinthemater

just hold that pose doctor, yes, thanks, ohhhh that’s a good one, you can really feel the emotions… #feltlikedeathanditis

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

And we go ever deeper in search of feedback.. god I hate what social media does for narcissists

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Someone I spoke of a while back who I believe is one of those attention seekers said they were going to lock their account over something and guess what, the account is still open.

Never understood that one. IMO it's just disrespectful.

Monday morning and work.

😞😞😞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

They're changing the bus schedule to the city so that buses will be even cheaper and more frequent. Great news, right? Except that when the changes come into effect, it's also going to detour through another f**king town! Because f**k poor people, right? They say the detour will take an extra twenty minutes, but I reckon that's optimistic for an average journey - at rush hour it'll take much longer. I think it could easily take forty five minutes. But sure, who doesn't mind losing an hour and a half out of their day?

This is supposed to encourage more people onto public transport. Thank christ I've a car...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement