Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭creedp

Would be of the same viewpoint but then again I have never bought a new car. I bought a 3 yo 2nd hand diesel in 2020 because there was no affordable 7 seater phev available. Probably better choice if buying new now.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ACAandCTA

Had 4 new tyres fitted today under L service plan (the one that included the 4 tyres!).

Originally had the Bridgestone turanza, they got to 14k km. Contacted the dealer about 4 weeks ago, dropped in to let them check the tyre wear, told them I wanted the Goodyear's fitted as replacement and that's what they requested.

4 tyres fitted today, Goodyear efficient grip performance, straight forward with no hassle, hoping they last quite a bit longer.

They didn't know anything about software updates when I asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Measured tyre wear on my Goodyear’s today. 5 to 6 mm left all round after 15000 kms. Car is a Tour 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

We got the short straw with the Bridgestone's! I got roughly the same out of mine.

Switched to Goodyear also under the L service plan and they are lasting much longer. I've 17km km's on them now and the fronts have 4.5mm left and the rears have 2.5mm left.

I used the Goodyears on the Leaf before the ID.3 and I used get 20k km's out them so it looks like the ID.3 will be much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Only reason mine have shat the bed is because I was on winters for half of my 18k km. And the winters still look brand new while the Bridgestones are pretty rough on 2 of them.

I rotated back and front so I'd say I'll get to November and then ditch them when I put the winters back on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

PHEVs wont be immune from VAT and road tax hikes to same extent as BEVs, especially SUV PHEVs ( filled with turf)😎

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 backbones

I think the time for VAT and road tax hikes on BEV aren't as far away as people might think. Especially as heavier BEV start being responsible for more and more damage to roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RevID3

Just noticed my rear Tail Light is not working..Warning symbol on the dash..Brake light ok, Reversing ok..

Is this something that is a Dealer fix, Seems to be a sealed unit so wondering if the whole cluster has to be replaced...

Car is only 7 months old so in my experience of past car ownership , never had any Light issues , so should this be covered under warranty.

Any thought's please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

I've had something like that before, fixed itself after car being shut off for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Yeah I’ve seen it a few times. I just turn the car on and off again and it sorts itself out. Actually haven’t seen it since the upgrade….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

App has been updated. Much faster now but nothing new. Should be ok with 3.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

IOS or Android?

Never mind, I see the android update now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Okay maybe im odd, but my ID3 seems to be a dust/dirt magnet, in addition to the amount of bugs on the front plate/grill location.

Got the car washed but still plenty dry dead bug juice on the lights and front 'grill'. Any advice for cleaning without scratching the front lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I don't think lights are prone to scratches like the paint would be.

The basic run down of a proper wash to prevent scratches is use snow foam with a pressure washer to rinse off any loose stuff (or even just use water with a pressure washer if you can) then use the two bucket method (a wash bucket and rinse bucket) with a high quality microfiber mitt, regularly rinsing and checking you aren't dragging any chunks across the paintwork, also using gentle pressure in a side to side motion. Microfiber Madness are the brand I use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

What colour is your ID.3?

Generally I found bugs easy to remove, soften them up a bit with warm car shampoo or snowfoam. They should then easily wash off with mitt. The ID.3 front is durable, never even got a stone chip in the over 26K km when I had the car.

There is also a lot of sticky fallout at the moment, don't know what it is, but it's like a sticky sap layer all over my car at the moment. It's a magnet for dust alright..

Grey/black, it has a fancy name its not the moonstone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Manganese grey I presume. Shouldn't show the bugs as bad as a lighter colour..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

Our order update. Business pro performance order 28th Oct. The car has been built and released from the factory for shipping. Expected in my hands in 4wks.

So, I really have no use for Android Auto, I find the cars sat nav fine for what I do. The only thing I ever wanted was to be able to watch some Youtube while parked but seems that is basically not possible (yes I know there are work arounds I just want a thing that works natively )

My issue is that when driving I notice the car sometimes just reverts to using android auto on the screen and I cant seem to get rid of it, other times the volume rocker will only adjust the sat nav announcements volume.

Is there a way to de link android auto ? but still have the phone connected for taking/making calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

• Advertisement

Could go a step further and just disable the app?

yes, silly me simple solution thanks- didnt want to uninstall just incase I will need it, or youtube is allowed.

The id3 is pretty efficient, the last charge to 80% I drove 193 Kms on 20% battery. All non motorway. Average 14 kWh/100kms. This is the tour 5 77 kWh.

Average since new last October is 17.5 kWh/100 Kms mostly motorway mileage over 23,000 Kms at motorway speeds where possible and sometimes above .

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

@[Deleted User] Hm, are you sure about the numbers? 14x1.93/0.2 ≈ 135kWh. Double your battery size.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

My numbers today from travelling around cork. 50% battery used, 199km, 3h 54 min, 51kmh av, 12.4kWh/100km. Don't trust the consumption numbers:)

Does anyone find the infotainment system getting slower to boot, mine is 2 months old and Ive noticed slow down. Also its coloured blue, then takes about 5 sec to remember I have it set to green,

It is only an average per Kwh over 193 Kms.

Kwh/100 kms is a bit of a useless measurement, you'd think being electric that we could find out exactly how many Kwh pulled from the battery over xxx Kms ? no , guess to VW we're too dumb to know what that means........

193 Kms over 20% is pretty good in my opinion even if it is off the motorway.

Out of curiosity why don't people like kWh/100km? How does it differ to L/100km?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,502 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Because it’s very variable.

city driving v motorway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

193km using 20% would give you a range of 965km on a full charge. That would be about 8 kWh/100km

That would be great but you definitely have that wrong

Advertisement