Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

It’s basically the same every season. No better, no worse. It feels like the writers clumsily creating problems for the characters and the show having a blue filter over everything. I only have a few episodes left so I will finish it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I like them putting Tony Dalton's name in the credits at the start.

Keep you guessing as to when the hoor will show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

That's a good point actually. Kind of the opposite of the 'suicide' trigger warning last week.

Also I had to look up who Dalton plays in the show - I was suprised who it was with a gringo name like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

you mention the tv ad, did you see all the training videos stuff on youtube, they are not great might be some good one I only watched a few bits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭quokula

Definitely agree with this. While there's none of the hollywood gratuitous sex scenes and lusty chemistry on show, they're far closer to a real married couple who are totally comfortable with one another. They're not teenagers.

The one thing that bothered me in the last episode was the extended sequence following Gus just really highlighted how much older he is than in Breaking Bad, which completely took me out of the moment. Still really enjoying the series, I like how they pace things between one cartel heavy episode and more focus on Kim and Saul in the next.

Michael Mando's name is in the opening credits too. I don't think that hoor will show up again.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

had never seen those before and just watched a few of them. Its obviously a parody on American corporate training videos, some of them when Gus momentarily switches from the chicken guy to cartel guy are funny, 'In the event of a gun attack do not call the police, notify your supervisor' lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

That suicide warning appears on every episode. Presume they just have a generic warning for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Are we about to see a Kim/Mike/Lalo love triangle ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Not sure how I feel. I was completely underwhelmed for much of the latest episode. Especially Howard doesn't notice the car is on a yellow box now!! Although I do like the flash forwards like when we see Spooge (without giving too much away, wasn't he 'involved' with the ATM?) and the call girl making an appearance. But it all felt a bit rushed to me.

Jimmy being completely ostracised by the legal community seemed a little strained to me. Also "there's proving, and then there's KNOWING" , from a solicitor?? I always thought it was the other way round. As for the labyrinth behind/under Gus's house. Hahahaha.

OK, I suppose we do need (or I do) some sort of closure on Lalo - and what's this speculation about Kim and Lalo? Don't see that at all. Lalo has to go with no finger of suspicion pointing at Gus. Shoot out with the cops would be a good one. Unlikely I suppose, Lalo doesn't need to shoot the cops. I fully expect Lalo to meet Jimmy again, and ask Jimmy to do something really bad, putting Jimmy in an impossible situation. Jimmy's under the cosh, but then Lalo disappears thanks to Mike , but Jimmy doesn't know that. Hence the time in the desert with Laurel and Hardy, when he thinks he's been nabbed by the Salamancas.

Or its something completely different altogether🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 18,636 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Good take on Kim/Jimmy underestimating Howard. And Howard fighting back with nothing left to lose.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Oerdun

Well said. It's still the best show on television in my opinion. The slow build has been fantastic and we know there's some madness coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Very interesting analysis G, good find. At first I thought the comparisons with BB were stretching it a bit, but on reflection, its valid when giving a glimpse at what the creators do with their characters. The condensing of the storyline with Kim at the focus certainly gives pause for thought. Jimmy (as I've always believed) displays a bit of compassion, for Howard. I like the speculation about Howard, hadn't considered that angle for a second. I'm trying not to say too much about your video, as I don't want to spoil a good watch for others.

From now on though, my thinking will be influenced by one thing - if they can kill Nacho, then anyone will be fair game. And when you consider those we don't see in BB, that could be very dramatic. Or even traumatic for the softies among us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I don't get why some are saying the relationship between Kim and Jimmy isn't credible? Maybe you're too used to the over the top Hollywood-ised ideal of a 'relationship' but if anything, I'd say this is much more true to reality. What would convince you? the pair smooch and wrap around one another every scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Interesting summary of why Kim and Jimmy are out to take down Howard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I can't stand Howard tbh, he comes across as a sleazy, creepy, weirdo. He was an @ss to both Jimmy and Kim earlier on, how people forget this?

I found another one Howard related.

This time on theories why Jimmy/Kim are attacking Howard. It goes back to the stuff Howard did both with and without Chuck. It seems to put more emphasis on why Kim in particular is driving it. Cajoling Jimmy to attack Howard etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i gave up after season 1 found it boring & slow - what season does the breaking bad genre come into it?

I did as well to be honest. I had forgotten the Kim doc room demotion. And how Howard was superficial for a lot of the show. Until he wanted to change and do the ‘right thing’. Kim and Jimmy view it as, too little too late.

But in my opinion Kim/Jimmy are crossing a line and it is the first time the viewer feels like siding with Howard v Kim/Jimmy. It is cleverly done by the writers. Similar to when there is a line reached and crossed by Walter White. And the majority of viewers turn against him.

The writers do it gradually and with subtlety. Kim has gone from being full of moral virtue. To morally ambiguous. To morally questionable. A more shocking change than Jimmy because we know his evolution.

• Advertisement

More Cartel Members in later seasons. And the Mike and Jimmy relationship grows.

Just have to have patience. They let the characters develop. There ends up being an overlap between Jimmy’s world and the Cartel world.

Very hard to give you a more comprehensive answer without spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ShamanRing

Shocking to see that tweet leak suggesting Kim dies off in the opening scene of the next episode, you would think an actor on the show would know better

It was on the Twitter of Kenan Thompson (of Kenan and Kel fame). Apparently they both die in a limousine accident scene

• Registered Users Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ah yes, Kenan Thompson who has never appeared in Better Call Saul and hasn't tweeted since last November. Makes total sense that he would tweet out a massive spoiler that makes no sense, isn't on his twitter page and even the simplest of Twitter searches shows no mention of anyone else having seen him tweet it.

Obviously it’s deleted now?

Sorry I got them mixed up, not Kenan Thompson it was other fella from Nickelodeon and Adult Swim

Do you reckon it’s true? I don’t see why they would kill off Kim, especially since in the last episode she was alive

There's no point joining in somewhere in the middle. Watch it all...or don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What time does this drop on Netflix? I've an hour to kill before work and it isn't up yet. Thanks

Advertisement