Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭Field east

What are those big round things for. For carrying , water , fuel, oxygen or what? I did not see any of them in all of the photos/ videos on boards to date. They are quiet impressive in a parade. Maybe that’s their only purpose and the attendance sucks it up as an example of RU power/ might

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭Field east

And at east two months + to attempt to destroy UKr and are still trying!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I think at this rate if Nato ever decided to invade Russia they would be in Siberia in 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭toyotatommy

Anyone entertaining pro Russian parading and the likes today should be carted off on a one way plane ticket to where they belong to.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,182 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

How come there's never a sniper near by when you want one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Mad how Putin thinks all these Nazis in Europe appeared roughly around the time the war started.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Jump leads and Nazis, no matter how hard you look or need one, they just aren't around.

Funny how they can't seem to find Ukrainian Nazis but Ukraine can find Russian Nazis in their country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭firemansam4

The Ukranians should hold a parade in Kyiv today with tractors pulling the Russian tanks behind them. Just to troll the f**ck out of the Russians and their victory parade....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,922 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

• Advertisement

So according to the furer he invaded ukraine to stop the invasion of Russian by Nato ..

He's on crack

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Not much of a victory parade for poor old Putler!

More bullshit from the RuSSians. Can believe the Russian proles are still sucking this in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I fear for Ukraine today, Russia will want to make a statement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

We can take from that speech that he is unable to fully mobilise the general population or does not have the ability to increase his armed forces/equipment.

All paths lead to Russian defeat.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 16,204 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I've heard a lot about how it would be an incredibly unpopular move in Russia.

I did wonder though, if the ukrainians make advances, and those advances end up taking back large chunks of the LPR and DPR or Crimea, would the mood in Russia swing? Could he declare war then? To get that far there would have to be major russian losses which would also affect the opinions of the Russian people and probably make it more unpopular but I'm not sure.

We may have to wait for the 500 million a day being paid by the west for oil and gas to reduce considerably for that to happen - not sure how quickly that figure will reduce down or the timelines for eliminating Russian gas to the west but without this significant flow of income into the Russian govt Putin will be screwed- starving Russians and an unpaid police force will be a lot more problematic for him than a few million feisty Ukrainians - losing the ability to purchase a Ferrari might hurt his oligarch friends but not being able to buy food and your govt salary stopped will create delicious mayhem

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

If he hasn't got the tools, he's not got the tools. Conventionally speaking, anyway. The only concern would be that if Ukrainian forces could push into Crimea and/or LNR/DNR, then Putin maybe would say that sovereign Russian territory (by a very unilateral definition) is being invaded, and that's the pretext Russia uses for a chemical or nuclear weapon to be deployed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That's the Russian line and widely believed by Russians and their sympathisers. NATO is the "other", the "enemy", the West the "great satan" and they were both using Ukraine and supporting her "fascists" to goad Russia. Even if you point out that if Russia hadn't invaded tens of thousands wouldn't be dead, the response is either "the evil bastards deserve it", or Russia did it now to prevent millions dying in the future. Complete lalaland.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Mobilisation in Russia would have been an own goal as discipline is so poor in the Russian army that he could have ended up with a civil war. Corruption is going to be Putin's downfall which is ironic when one thinks about it.

Post edited by nigeldaniel on

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,525 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

From a few conversations I've had down the years with Russians(and other former Soviet bloc people still friendly with Moscow) I can confirm they have near zero clue about this aspect of WW2 and get fidgety if it's mentioned. I would contend all sides in that conflict have their own narrative, their own fairy stories and they resonate even today, but the Russian fairy story is about the most surreal and by some margin.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

This is the key in reality. Bear in mind that Putin has a massive internal security apparatus that keeps the population in check. I've seen the number of around 2 million men being quoted for internal security which doesn't surprise me. If you look at any of the recent protests the "police" outnumber the protesters by a factor of 2-1 or even 3-1. If those lads pay packets aren't fulfilled then its game over for the regime. The EU needs to be ensuring that we hit the tipping point of covering the costs of the invasion misadventure ASAP. I understand that trying to get 27 nations to agree on a policy and put it into action is tough but being decisive with this is best way of stopping Russia apart from a Ukrainian victory (or with a Ukrainian Victory).

Also Putins not going to call up a mobilisation yet. The Russians aren't ready for it, todays speech was creating the platform maybe to float it in a few weeks. I'm sure that the TV need to be pushing this idea for a while so the proles get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Can't even get Air Superiority over Moscow, lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭storker

You've just reminded me of a glorious newspaper typo many years ago in which the headline said that the Ayatollah Khomeini had been loud in his condemnation of..."The Great Stan".

A little unfair, I thought.

They'd have done it already. The only statement they've actually made is, 'We are Merde!'

The adverse weather appears to be a red herring excuse. Could it be that the aircraft are unsafe and in need of spare parts and expert servicing which cannot be obtained due to restrictions? (I’m hoping that’s the reason but just guessing here)

Though easy, it's a mistake to assume stupidity. The vast majority of people in any society conform to the cultural, moral and historical narratives of that society. Those who don't are in the minority. And those tales start in the crib. Russia, a near medieval feudal theocratic empire until the 20th century, which was dragged into that century by the Revolution. A revolution that started out with good intentions, as revolutions will, but ended up with their own fedual state where thought was controlled from the crib. Then that fell, chaos reigned and was replaced with more of the same feudalism and thought control from the crib. That they buy into stories from above is not such a surprise.

Fifty years ago we were a theocratic state, one of the poorest in Europe, with extremely socially conservative views where being Gay was a crime, rubber johnnies were illegal and "unmarried mothers" were hidden away in homes or were leaving dead newborns on Kerry beaches. Today we're almost the complete opposite of that. Our IQ's didn't magically go up.

History has shown us if you have even some control of the narrative, tweak the human need for stability and easy memes and give people enough "bread and circuses" and point to The Other that may take all that from them it's remarkably easy to shape public opinion, feelings and beliefs for the positive or the negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭josip

I suspect that the ones they have that are operational are all on the Eastern Front.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Mecanudo

And the useful Russian idiots are off again

Russian nukes could destroy Nato countries 'in half an hour', warns Kremlin space boss

With some of the same on social media now claiming the time for the new world order is upon us

Well that is after the Russians nuke the planet. Sounds like a great future lads 👍

• Advertisement

While I agree in theory, the reality is parading a Russian flag up and down o Connell st or the M4 is not illegal - I would argue though that placing a Z on the side of your car whilst doing this, is.

I notice that the Russians are hiding in their cars whilst attending such “demonstrations”-fcking cowards the lot of them - I’d like to see them trying to walk down O’’Connell st - if the place is as bad as the media and guards say it is, in terms of crime, scrotes and drug addicts, they might meet their match 😂

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement