Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does Israel Get way with this

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Bayonet

I'm not sure why you give 3 options at the end. Try it just with Israelis and you might get an answer.

When you say 'palestinians' do you mean Arab squatters/Arab colonialists/Palestinians

We can all play this childish game.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Housefree

A good video on the Apartheid State of Israel

In my continued series chronicling the 'apartheid' in Israel, I present to you Jamal Hakrush

An Arab Muslim man living in Israel who was promoted to deputy commissioner of the police.

That means, that in 'apartheid' Israel, an Arab Muslim was the second most senior policeman in the whole country.

Sadly he resigned last year after being caught on camera leaving the scene of a crime 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Are the Palestinians in the West Bank treated equally to Israelis in the west bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Housefree

definitive proof of the fact that not only are there apartheid practices in this country, there are apartheid laws here as well. “It’s best not to avoid the truth: Its existence in the lawbooks makes Israel an apartheid state,”

After the Law of Return, this is the law that exemplifies more than any other the domination of Jewish supremacism in this country. A Jew can share his life with whomever he or she chooses, and an Arab can’t

• Advertisement

Well it's not quite as straight forward as that. There is the Israeli government and there's the palestinian authority.

Judea & Samaria ('west bank') is split into 3 parts.

Three things to note first:

1) Israeli settlements, that is the actual physical buildings, use up around 3% of Judea & Samaria's land.

2) The majority of the land is empty. Around 55% last time I checked.

3) Only around 10% of the palestinian population in Judea & Samaria live under full Israeli rule

Area A, B & C

A) This is around 18% of the land and is under Palestinian security and civil administration. i.e complete palestinian control. (with the exception of Hebron which under the Hebron protocol signed in 1997, Israel has a presence)

B) This is around 22% of Judea & Samaria. The PA has full civil control, but security is handled by both Israel and the PA

C) The largest area with the fewest palestinians. This is where most of the Israelis live. This area is completely under Israeli control but the PA administer health and education for the palestinians in areas C, in accordance with agreements signed.

Israelis are banned by law from entering areas A&B and will almost certainly be lynched.

Area C is the only section where 'equal treatment' would be an issue. palestinians in general can't enter Israeli settlements without clearance (thousands do every day to work). Now there are some palestinians that have moved into Israeli settlements, around 200 families I believe, but it's rare and I think the community has to vote on it. The Arab villages and Israeli settlements tend to be close (typically across the hill from each other), but separate. Israelis don't often go into Arab villages either, but it does happen for shopping etc. It isn't safe for outsiders.

Whilst Arabs have their own shops in their own villages, they can go to the likes of Rami Levy, which is a chain of Israeli stores that has many palestinians working there. Here Israelis and palestinians mix. There is a big mall recently opened with joint palestinians and Israeli businesses.

There are tens of thousands of palestinians from Judea & Samaria that cross into Israel every day to work. Some legitimatly, some illegally.

So to answer your question. There isn't a 'west bank' as a whole. It's much more complicated. I would liken Area C similarly to Northern Ireland's separation of Catholics and Protestants.

You're evading the question - Are the Palestinians in the West Bank treated equally to Israelis in the west bank? Are the Palestinians anywhere in the West Bank treated equally to Israelis in the west bank?

My reply was quite detailed. I thought you might have done me the courtesy of reading it.

Again, 90% of palestinians live under palestinian rule. Meaning that their living standards or 'equality' is not comparable because it's their own government. Their decisions, their culture, their budgets. It's even less relevent than asking if Scots and English are treated equally by Westminister. Two separate governments, but England administers more Scottish affairs than Israel does palestinian in areas A&B.

Area C is the only issue of equality. So palestinians in Area C can't vote in Israeli election for example. Now Israel has not annexed the West Bank, so technically they aren't obliged to offer voting rights or citizenship.

In East Jerusalem, which is Israeli, palestinins without Israeli citizneship can vote in municipal elections. They can apply for Israeli citizenship at which point they have full Israeli rights.

You're engaged in intellectual dishonesty. The fact is that Palestinians live under Israeli martial law, whilst the colonist population enjoy the same rights as they would were they living in Israel proper. Two tiers of law - apartheid is the best description for it. Israel won't even apply the basic rights of the Geneva convention in the occupied territories.

Factually incorrect on every level.

I always find the 'colonial' angle particularly laughable. The land is literally named after Jews. Judaism's holiest site is underneath the Muslim one. i.e it was there first.

The whole of the 'west bank' is one big Jewish heritage site. You're very ill informed.

Now since you're intimating that the palestinians are the indigenous. Perhaps you'll furnish me with a couple of details.

Who governened the palestinians before Arafat?

What was their capital?

Currency?

Did they have a football team? a national newspaper?, airline?

The bold questions are trick questions. The answer to them all is YES - but they were Jewish.

• Advertisement

And again, you're avoiding the question. Are the Palestinians in the West Bank treated equally to Israelis in the west bank? Are the Palestinians anywhere in the West Bank treated equally to Israelis in the west bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,506 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Might as well tell me President Obama proves racism died in 2008. These token Israeli plants don't alter the reality of Apartheid in the west bank.

Re: more Countries rejecting Amnesty's report

In the case in the UK you can see from the Byline even, that this is hardly an unconflicted action. They want to reject the report so they will stop being boycotted politically by Jewish people in the UK.

The Netherlands cowered behind calling it Apartheid because they think a court should decide that

... But they have not adhered to this same principle in this same moment where it concerns other crimes.

“Apartheid is a specific legal term and a serious international crime, and it is up to a judge to judge whether this is the case,” the Dutch foreign minister wrote. “In light of the above, the cabinet also rejects the recommendations made by Amnesty in the report.”

The Netherlands "strongly condemns the Russian attack on Ukraine," Prime Minister Mark Rutte said. "Our thoughts are with the Ukrainian people." The Russian invasion of neighboring Ukraine is "an illegal act of aggression with serious consequences," Defense Minister Kajsa Ollongren said.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do zionists have equally contrived reasons for not properly counter-arguing the new Harvard Law Report also?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

He was going off iirc about 200 refugees Ireland refused during WW2, and using that to blame Ireland for the whole enterprise IG.

I’ve told you in that other thread to stop contacting me. Now you are following me around the website?

No more PMs from you and no replies to my posts. You make “jokes” about people dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dollar Thief

The anti-semitism is strong in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dollar Thief

Despicable criticism of a state established for the Jewish people. That’s what.

my question was where in the thread this anti-Semitism has occurred.

i’ve seem criticism but what is “despicable”about it?

I’m not saying it hadn’t happened. I’ve read through the thread but maybe I missed it.

It doesn’t accomplish anything to just blurt about comments claiming “anti-semitism” without actually pointing it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,323 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

This proves there is no apartheid in Israel… right. 🤪

ill stick with the Amnesty International report….

In my latest instalment of the 'chronicles of apartheid' series, let me introduce you to George Deek

He is an Arab Christian and serves as Israel's ambassador to Azerbaijan.

Oh I don't know. Isn't it completely normal when I post a French newspaper article from 1929 showing Arabs massacring Jews, that the first response is that "Jews probably owned that paper" LOL

No anti-semitism here. Just a bunch of Irish folk with a bit of an unhealthy obsession over Jews living in Judea. 😉

As my 'chronicles of apartheid' series (which has proven to be a big hit) continues. Meet Dr. Masad Barhoum

He is an Arab Muslim and he manages Israel's second largest hospital situated in Northern Israel.

You still haven't answered the question - Are the Palestinians in the West Bank treated equally to Israelis in the west bank? Are the Palestinians anywhere in the West Bank treated equally to Israelis in the west bank?

As the smash hit 'Chronicles of Apartheid' series continues, we turn our attention to the IDF. Meet Major Alaa Waheeb and his fantastic moustache.

He is an Arab Muslim and joined the IDF as a volunteer. He rose up to the ranks of Major. Being a Major means that Alaa Waheeb trains a unit of soldiers.

So in 'Apartheid Israel', an Arab Muslim trains mainly Jewish soldiers in the Israeli army.

The answer being of course "no, of course not." That is the purpose of trying to say anything but.

I think the continued avoidance of the question in a way answers it quite well. The treatment of Palestinians in the occupied territories is the source for the "apartheid" label, and throwing up smoke and mirrors doesn't change that hard fact.

'profiles in courage' of zionist stooges but I doubt we will be getting any profiles of rainbows and unicorns or Kumbaya happening in the West Bank, nor would we see Arabs and Israelis treated the same, because there is a mountain of evidence entirely to the contrary. Some of the worst bastards in the US who wouldn't be tolerated here, are going to the west bank to invoke Right of Return and gleefully kick people out of their homes illegally because they are backed by a government that is just as evil as they are.

• Advertisement

As we continue our series 'Chronicles of Apartheid', we meet the 14 Arab and Druze members of the Israeli parliament who didn't get the memo.

Somehow, despite the 'apartheid', they manage to sneak into parliament every day. 👍️

Advertisement