Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fionnr01

I emailed pas, they are up to 69 batch 2 Westmeath, still on batch 1 Roscommon, I can't remember the no but low. They wouldn't tell me how many in each batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fionnr01

Thats for stage 3 interview they said.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mcg_philip

Can I ask, are you batch 5.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Aquinn123!

Yes batch 5.1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 greysgut

Hi,

If someone is on point 10 on CO scale. When they get offered EO where will They be on the EO scale,

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Jassgal

I think they would be on point 4 on EO scale and as far as I know you skip point 4 and 8 on CO and EO scale. So possibly they could be starting on point 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GailliamhAbú2022

Does anyone know where Galway is at ? I placed high teens in the etray ? Just wondering if I'll get a chance to interview. Cheers

I have emailed PAS waiting on a response

• Registered Users Posts: 42 greysgut

Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 ASGalway

@fionnr01 when you say they are up to 69 of batch 2 Westmeath, any idea where that batch ends? I am number 3 in batch 3 and just got an email tofay to express my interest for an interview

• Registered Users Posts: 39 aislingm999

I received my interview results on Friday. Want to start gathering all the relevant documents in case I get a clearance email. Does anyone know how many references are needed, and is it just a name and phone number required, or is it a written reference about you that's needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

A copy of your degree or which ever qualification you used to meet the standard.

Photo ID driving licence Passport

and

Utility Bill For Garda Vetting

References it’s all employers for the last 3 years contact details and email and Pas will contact them to give information.

@Redsettee90 Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

not applicable

Post edited by fergald on

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

You should be starting on point 5 of the EO scale. I was on point 9 of CO scale & started on point 4 as an EO.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Lynnington3

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Duckylucky

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone knows the answer. I got an email to say that I am on the panel and it went on to request Garda vetting. It said I will be contacted shortly to commence pre-employment checks. Does this mean that I will definitely be offered a job, assuming I pass the Garda vetting, have the proof of my qualifications and references check out?

Does anyone know how long that might all take? I really am not looking forward to telling my current employer and dreading asking for a reference.. Normally should be no worries but they are having difficulty recruiting and we currently have a big project on.... My leaving will be really an issue as it coincides with a close colleague leaving. But this happened very quickly so far so just wondering how quickly do things progress at this point? Or do they definitely progress to a job?! Thanks in advance. I'm in Dublin if it makes any difference. Interviewed week of April 20th...

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭furrybones

Once you are sent for pre-employment clearance and vetting there is a position for you.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

Only if you're already serving as an EO. When you're going in from CO, its different. I'll skip point 8 when the time comes.

• Advertisement

Just a heads up for anyone interest in Galway. They are on batch 3 and they still haven't placed the first person from this batch.

Anyone know if they have commenced placing people from Batch 5-Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭HDonal

Any updates on Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fonzy1991

I believe the information booklet says the panel will close after June. So, hopefully PAS are busy for the next 2 months placing people in all counties. Best of luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dub1991

Anyone know what position they are on for External Dublin Batch 5.1 for clearance checks? I've been put into clearance for Interdepartmental but would ideally like to wit for the external offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Aquinn123!

They seem to be moving quickly for batch 5 dublin panel. I got my interview results on Friday and got an email yesterday with Garda vetting forms that they want back tomorrow. And got an email today requesting all clearance documents by this Friday.

I have also been invited to submit vetting forms etc for Dublin Batch 5.1 Panel. However, as a serving civil servant, I don’t think I am required to undergo Garda Vetting. Would someone be able to confirm this and if so, what checks will I be required to undergo as a current civil servant? I’d also be grateful for any updates on how many people have been called.

I am in Batch 5.1 Dublin and received my interview results on Friday. I also received an email telling me to have my qualification documents ready for when the case worker looks for them. They haven't mentioned anything about Garda Vetting to me though!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

As a serving CS and getting a placement on either External or Inter Departmental, do I still have to submit qualifying documents – i.e. certificates and references?

In addition, re Garda Vetting, I have already been Garda vetted for my current position as a CO; will I still need to be vetted again?

I am in the service 3 years so any advice please.

Thanks Folks.

DublinTigger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Yes you would still need to be garda vetted and supply certs and references.

Advertisement