Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

If the RF allow Netflix to tag along to any jubilee celebrations I will have absolutely zero respect for the Queen anymore.

Grow a pair of balls, Maj and tell them to do one..

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

a foreign holiday is hardly necessary, it's a luxury.

one is entitled to take it and fly there but ultimately it is something that can be done without if needed.

zelebrities don't always practice what they preach but it doesn't mean what they preach isn't automatically wrong.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

he doesn't need to turn anything around, especially given it's only a small amount of people enraged over him because they have been told to be.

he owes nobody anything and has made a choice he is happy with, most people couldn't care a less and even most of the UK moved on the minute they announced they were leaving the UK.

that's how much of a non-issue this whole thing really is.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

There was a van spotted outside Windsor that was touted as being a Netflix van during H + M flying visit their last month.

That's what has me concerned 😟

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

They wont allow it.

A big part of the endurance of the Royals is the mystique they have compared to other famous/rich people who often are happy to talk about their personal life. Like you see with H&M, once they start talking off the cuff without all their advisers, or without having the direct Royal connection we would find out that they aren't all that special or unique.

The other part is that they are literally only there because of the monarchy system which relies on the public acceptance of it. You start letting fly-on-the-wall cameras in there, people will find a lot to be critical of - say, for example, Kate's vast closets, or the vault for all the jewellery, or you see the amount of staff which puts paid to the perception that they do their own life admin, or see the amount they might spend on PR & spin.

It's far far too risky to have people sitting at home looking into the lives of the incredibly rich who get a chunk of it from the public purse to wonder why the fúck they are paying to support them via taxation when they themselves are struggling, or when they can't access health services for their children due to massive cutbacks when one decent tiara sale could sort it out.

Coming to the Jubilee seems to be either something they were always going to do to spend time with the family at unofficial events or it's something that they are pulling out of the bag in an attempt to maintain relevance or interest in them to keep their brand valuable. I suspect it's the latter.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Coming to the Jubilee seems to be either something they were always going to do to spend time with the family at unofficial events or it's something that they are pulling out of the bag in an attempt to maintain relevance or interest in them to keep their brand valuable. I suspect it's the latter.

I agree, it's about maintaining relevance and showing the media and anyone who might be vaguely interested in what they have to offer, that they are still part of the royal family.

I laughed at something I read earlier, I think it was supposedly quoting a royal source - that it was unfair to the queen, bringing the children, when she doesn't know them. Like the queen would be there doing a fry up for the tea with one hand, and juggling the two children with the other. When the reality is there will be most likely a posed photo of her with the children seated beside her or something. 😂

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Don't get how it would be unfair to the queen to bring the kids either. She'll see them for all of 10 mins like you say for the posed photos then they'll get handed back to the nannies.

Sure the Queen was on her last child before she ever put any to bed. So might be unfair given that she's just not used to kids!

And I imagine she wasn't personally running around like a cranky blue arsed fly at bedtime juggling teeth brushing, finding matching pjs, and reading Dr. Seuss for the millionth time like the rest of us. More likely she came in after they were washed and tucked in and read to just to kiss them goodnight and off to get a stiff G&T after a hard day's mammying. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Part and parcel of how the upper classes live! Don't agree with it mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The queen has pulled out of the the state opening of parliament so Charles will do the reading of the speech. I know it’s her jubilee coming up, and I know it’s said she plans to attend some events but it’s left very vague, but it’s not beyond the odds of her not being able to attend any events.

• Advertisement

Covid really is hard on someone of her age. Obviously still feeling the effects.

As her mobility seems to have deteriorated a lot, I would say going in to the parliament would have been far too much for her. And there's all this crack around it, of formally processing in, and whatnot. I think it was on Gogglebox I saw it one time. 😁

I would say she will be on the balcony for sure, for the celebrations but may not appear very much otherwise.

Well we don’t know that’s it’s anything to do with covid. She is after all 96 years old and even with the best will in the world, at some point the mind is willing but the body isn’t. I mean we can all think back to our own grandparents who got less and less mobile as time went on.

You couldn't make this up...

Why does anyone take this guy seriously ? Well I recall them not refusing to be on the balcony the last time.

I don't know obviously, but I doubt many people take him seriously, apart from himself and presumably H&M.

I was reading speculation, (and that's all it is, speculation), that they might drop out at the last minute from the jubilee visit. I think they will arrive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

Yes the plastics industry are very seriously into him !! :)

I think the Queen will be dead by the end of the Summer. All the scandals & loss of Prince Philip have taken their toll and she's all but given up.

I hop e they visit Windsor castle and are shown into the queen quarters and then the door is locked behind them and guarded for the 4 days that would be a result.

I'm sure some of them are wishing that they still had perks of the job like the ability to send anyone they didn't like to the tower!

• Advertisement

Oh they'll be there! They sorely need at this stage to demonstrate close links with the family to tout for business ventures.

I think so too. He will put on the jokey smiley look like he did the time of the unveiling of the dreadful statue.

And she will smile through like she did at their last appearance before they departed the UK for er ...better things 😁.

Imagine the rest of the family trying to keep to uncontroversial topics so that they cannot be ballyragged again on Oprah or wherever. 'So, er, how was the flight? And er isn't the weather great?.😁'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

If I would be Kate, William or anybody else from the RF I wouldn't open my mouth to them, just doing some ambigous facial expressions to anything they say and trying to get the hell away from them as fast as I could...😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

All conversations observed by people in suits and possibly recorded. Poor Meg, she's so brave coming to stay with such a racist family!

That looks like he was quoting someone else and the emoji replies are his.

I don't think he was the one saying it was a patio appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

yes, and especially with all the horrible brits who are outta get her..😂 what's with Harrys' lawsuit regarding safety from the MET? Can't follow up with all his ongoing lawsuits..😂 or will they get protection because it's an official event fromt the RF? But still they are no working members...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mary 2021

I am with you there that statue was just appalling and did not resemble Diana at all waste of money, ugly.

Herself attending the horse show, albeit just being driven there and sitting in her fancy motor.😁 She looks well.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-61437148

• Advertisement

She looked fairly heavily made up. Great to see her out and about.

Advertisement