Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting craft breweries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Either you were lucky or I was unlucky, ordered around the same time and DPD have not received it yet 😕

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Ordered a few cans from Whiplash just after midday yesterday, put them in the fridge just now (I get that it's all within Dublin, but I'm still impressed by the turnaround speed with picking, packing, and shipping)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,642 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I ordered at about 12:30 so maybe you missed the cut for shipping that day.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Putting a price sticker on the flap that opens down into the beer is inexcusable.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Well needed some beers for the weekend, and whatever about the prices, Craft Central are the only ones I can really rely upon. Got a good handful of Dog Days, and a few Dot Brew Good Behaviour from the Bargain section. Picked up the new O'Brother DIPA, the Raspberry Sour by Larkins, and this years Silhouettes by Dead Centre.

Speaking of Dead Centre, Beer Cloud have a 25% off sale on over this weekend too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

I was let down by The White Hag, no delivery yet so had to venture to the local and their limited(ish) selection.

Picked up some Galway Bay Slow Lives Helles, 8 Degrees Full Irish (been a while) and Third Barrel When Life Gives You Hops (All 20% off in O Briens)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭flended12

If anyone is going to Rascals beer festival today could they confirm how many tokens it is for a drink. Each token costs €3.

Please and thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that a pint is 2 tokens and a half pint is one token, for regular beers.

I could be wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I know COVID decimated the industry, but where's the best taplist these days in Dublin? Gbb are focusing on their own range (and fair enough) but I haven't seen anything recently that made me go out of my way to go somewhere. Are we just accepting that all the good stuff is going to be cans and bottles for the foreseeable?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

P.Macs near Powerscourt had a proper draught selection when I was there a few weeks back.

Brexit seems to be an issue for Irish pubs getting a bit of variety but also I noticed a lot of pubs in London have changed from being craft to being "craft"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Been wondering the same. Now's the time when Underdog is badly needed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Brickyard or The Headline to a degree. Nothing is quite Underdog level though

I know, today is payday and I was thinking "Paddy would have something special on". Dropped into the brew dock and their taps do not match their website.

All the GBB pubs appear to have abandoned their online taplist which used to be a great resource when deciding which pubs to go to and which to avoid. Ah well, fingers crossed Paddy gets another stab at a new location.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

What happened with Underdog?

I guess we're spoilt in Cork 😊

For quite some time Bierhaus has been up to full speed with 31 taps flowing (7 house beers, 20 rotating taps, a cask and 3 lambic bag dispensers).

I don't know how they manage it all but it seems to work for them.

The Bierhaus + THE BIERHAUS TAP  BEERS on Untappd https://untp.beer/19af83d31e

I know, sometimes I have to pinch myself when I find myself drinking special edition Lambics by the glass. Have to remind myself that I'm in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 OwlParliament

"Rediscovered" The Bierhaus after 10+ years. They have an excellent selection to be fair to them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I've found The Black Sheep's list to be pretty reliable, and they've had some decent guest beers from Ca' del Brado and La Pirata lately.

How is Porterhouse these days?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Much like Galway Bay it doesn't do guests, unless you count the permanent Grand Cru imports like Weihenstephaner and Fruli. Temple Bar's two handpumps haven't had anything in them since re-opening, that I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Whatdoesitmatter

Been in west London the last few days and stumbled on the Big Smoke Brew co. The beer and the range is just fantastic….the summer range has just come out. Porters / stouts out and fruity pales in. I cannot think of a craft beer to surpass it. In Esher in Surrey so anyone would need a car (or a zipcar) but definitely worth a trip if anyone is in the west London area.

Used stock them from time to time in London. Nice group of people. Released a beer a few years back called "popular global beer" named after a real angry review (most likely from a Ronnie Pickering type) complaining that their pub doesn't sell "popular global lager" like Stella or Heineken.

They have a few pubs too but the only one anyway central is Hammersmith.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I was in The Kings Inn last Saturday afternoon. It's a great little pub which was unfortunately dead. Was chatting to the barman who told me they'd been open a few hours and I was the first customer.

They have Ambush and Rustbucket on tap so I'll always support places that make it their business to stick Irish made beers.

It's my local, cracking little boozer, botg of those beers were my suggestion. Little fawn and zingerbier ginger beer from Smithfield as well

Be thankful it was dead at that hour, every other Saturday the king's inn crowd are there, and it can be a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The Kings Inn was my local for a few years too. I went to the Kings Inns for college so was at the pub for pints fairly regularly. Was great to see it reopening after it closed for a few years. Was glad to see they'd added a few craft options to the line. Never really experienced the weekend crowd, but the Wednesday, Thursday locals were always grand.

Boco just down the road is another good spot. Bit been there for a good while, but remember them having a decent selection of Irish craft stuff last time I was there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Beer Cloud doing a box of 12 beers for €20 plus shipping (€8).

Beers are within 8 weeks of their best before date. It's lucky dip with the beers you get in the box.

Advertisement