If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED48c1 and Sonos Playbase (white)

Options
  • 09-05-2022 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi guys - haven't been in touch in a looong time. Following a bit of remodelling of the living room, I have had to move my 55c9 into a different room and require a smaller tv now. Very interested in last year's 48c1 and the white Sonos playbase which I was pleasantly surprised to see listed on the site (the Mrs would be happy with the colour). Just wondering if I were to buy both would there be any discount included on them?

Many thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Mr. TTime.

Thanks for the post we currently have the lg oled48c1 available for shipping priced at £879/€1099

We also have a white playbase in stock priced at £478 / €549. However this is an instore only item

As far as discount goes we always like to do something for Bordies when possible. Unfortunately in this instance the margins are just too tight

Let me know what you think

Regards Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Why are there two (very) different exchange rates applied to the pricing on both those items? Clearly plenty of margin in the TV price.

Hi MojoMaker.

Thanks for your post.

Our Euro pricing is not a direct conversion from the sterling but is based on our competition in the South Of Ireland.

Here at Richersounds Belfast we have to compete in two markets. Both the UK and Ireland. So our sterling pricing is inline with our competitors in the UK and our Euro pricing along with our competitors in the ROI.

The Play Base is a clearance item and the Euro pricing makes it cheaper than the sterling price listed.

There is no fixed method of payment and you are free to pay in which ever currency that works out to be cheapest for you.

I hope this explains things.

Any questions please let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr. TTime

Hi Kenny

Thanks for the update. I won't be able to make it up there from Limerick any time soon so will continue to work out a solution that best meets our needs. The carpenter is back today to fix up a few things so I will have a chat and see if there is a way to fit the current tv in there. For the time being, I will leave it but will get back to you on the tv once I know more.

Thanks again

Thanks for your input Higgins5473.

Please read the Charter before posting though as this section of Boards is for us here at Richersounds to interact with our customers and potential customers.

You are correct that Sonos are going to release a new Soundbar, the Sonos Ray and will not go on sale until June.

The product listed above is a soundbase.

• Advertisement

Hi Higgins5473.

i know it is called the playbase as mentioned in my original post above.

The style of product is known as a soundbase.

On the Sonos release tomorrow. We already know what it is that is getting released as they have told us. Its common knowledge online also.

What HiFi even have leaked photos of it:

I can't see this interfering with the ARC or Beam pricing as it does not compete with them. It seems to be an entry level type soundbar to fill the lower end of the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

What's getting released tomorrow?

You said the Ray was being released in June in your previous post.

Hi Higgin5473.

Tomorrow Sonos will announce the product and its release date.

Lets just wait and see what they have to say themselves tomorrow.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

@Higgins5473

Please take a moment to read the Charter - this is a commercial forum and queries here are for Richersounds to answer and there are a number of issues listed in the Charter which advise Boardies about the appropriateness or otherwise of posting here.

If you have a factual query which you want to raise with RS, then the appropriate thing to do is to start a thread and ask your question or raise your point that you would like them to respond to.

It is not appropriate to pitch in your advice/opinion/whatever in another persons query, regardless of your view of the matter.

For the sake of clarity, moderating this forum is an exercise in judgement - the Charter has been developed over time to give Boardies a decent idea of what is appropriate here and these are the parts of the Charter which are relevant here

• As a general principle, if you're not asking Richersounds for a quote/information/involved in a deal here, it's usually best to proceed with caution. A more judicious approach to interventions and expressing opinions is needed here than would otherwise prevail in a general discussion area, such as the Home Entertainment Forums.

• If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion. Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. Bearing in mind the purpose of this forum, posts along the lines described here are not appropriate and will be suitably snipped or deleted without warning. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

• If you have an opinion on some matter related to the items that Richersounds sells, or you wish to give people the benefit of your advice on some related issue, Please do not post it in this forum. There are other fora on Boards in the Tech section on Home Entertainment or TV related topics, or in the Consumer fora, which are suitable locations for endowing Boardies with the benefit of any advice or opinion you wish to offer. Bearing in mind the purpose of this forum, posts along the lines described here are not appropriate and will be suitably snipped or deleted without warning. This approach is taken to ensure the workability of this particular forum and to ensure that general advice and discursive posts are made in the appropriate forum. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

I have deleted a couple of your posts on this thread and would ask that if you have a query for Richersounds then by all means you are very welcome to open a thread of your own and ask away.

Thanks

Ritz.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.