Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

You’re the first person I have heard say that round up is overwhelming safe. Even Trump didn’t recommend drinking it as a cure for covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

This chemical has been around for 20 years. They are only starting to ban it now. Science does now know everything and it only learns through experience. Lets hope the vaccines are ok in 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

The deflection is strong in you snowcat. You don’t have a valid concern and so go off on tangents. Standard operating procedure from the conspiracy theorist handbook ye all seem to work from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But your waffle aside you're not presenting any middle ground. You are only presenting anti-vaxxer talking points and buddying up with people who are posting false shite that you won't challenge or call out. You keep going to extreme lengths to pretend you don't see those claims. It's really funny.

No one claimed that the vaccines were a panacea. That's an antivaxxer lie that's been called out many times here.

The vaccines did not underperform. That's another antivaxxer lie.

You are now suggesting that the vaccines are only being used to make profit for drug companies. Great. That's a conspiracy theory my man.

Yes you are anti-GMO and this usually goes hand in hand with anti-science conspiracy theories.

Your rant here has nothing to do with the topic though.

More waffle.

Let's pretend everything you said was true. What has it to do with the vaccines safety?

Here you are expressing the antivaxx view that the vaccines have no effect. Snowcat agrees with this it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭gladvimpaker

I don't think one size definitely suits all, and the amount of vaccines given out in the future will be reduced accordingly.

If someone wants to boost themselves,it's their own business but more than likely if you're not on a medical card or something similar you'll have to pay for it.

Once a month some scientist's are saying now, the boosters will only give you a month of protection.

That's not very trustworthy, compared to the speel about two doses will do. Any scientist with a scruple would have said " look we're going to try these vaccines for emergency use,it's up to you to take it, it's worth a shot. It might not stop you from getting covid but we think it could work.

I was watching one of our own so called experts saying they're 90 something % effective in you not getting covid. No doubt if they're standing before a hypothetical jury at a tribunal for throwing out false hope they're going to be a bit like faucci talking in riddles. A bit like some here.

The worst thing they did was over amplify the ability of the vaccines stopping covid dead in it's tracks.

All the information is out there and I'm not going to waste time posting links, this is my own observation.

I could be wrong but it's how I see it.

Oh well now myself and snowcat can chat away and ignore your waffle. I gave you the benefit of the doubt. But it's clear as day you definitely have an attitude problem and you might why people ignore you, and it's not why you think.

It's because you're just unable to be civil and have a genuine discussion.

In my professional life I have meetings now and again and anybody who's constantly interrupting and calling people's ideas waffle or something similar are not the ideal people to sort something out with.

Waffle away now to your hearts content.....

• Advertisement

Lol good for you man.

Still nothing to do with the actual safety of the vaccines. It's just more anti vaxx waffling and now more anti vaxxers declaring bravely that they're going to ignore points.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Just to do a quick fire:

Pfizer were releasing the data, the FDA that actually releases the data didn't have the staff to handle the volume of content, they got their budget increased and got more staff and released the data. Money to the FDA fixed that problem.

Fit and healthy people who took vitamins also got the virus and had severe disease and some died, nobody knew what the effect of COVID would be on them until they had it (vaccines are 250x safer than contracting the virus for the group most at risk to myocarditis, young males, for other groups they are over 1000x safer, the vaccine induced myocarditis is also milder and more easily treated than virus induced myocarditis).

Majority in hospital until November last year were unvaccinated, they were both over a decade younger on average than the vaccinated in hospital and were 12x more likely to be in hospital if unvaccinated. The unvaccinated were clogging up the health service causing all the lockdowns.

The vaccine companies were very clear, 95% effective against original strain for severe disease in the weeks after being vaccinated, the % effective against contracting the virus was less (~60%, this was also shown in figures with unvaxxed disproportionately spreading) and the effect against disease also lessened with time and with variants. However, the effectives against death remained high even with time and with variants.

Nobody knows how healthy their immune system is, it can also change, one week you might be floored by a virus, the next, you may not even notice it, SARS-COV2 was very infectious and very deadly to lots of people who thought vitamins would keep them well (the whole vitamin craze is another, most VitD is passed straight through the body and straight to the toilet).

Human rights articles specifically mention the greater good when dealing with health pandemics, your human rights were not violated. If you have a deadly infectious disease that is not COVID, you will be quarantined, you will not have a choice.

And again, the vaccines were at minimum 250x safer for everybody than the virus in all circumstance, children (it's about 2000x safer for pre-pubescent children, I don't believe there has been any severe vaccine side effects in this group), this is regardless of variant.

If you're shouting "everyone got it anyway" than the vaccinated were at least 250x more likely to have a better time of it than the unvaccinated in all circumstances.

The 250× part isn't true that's for sure, what makes you think they had a better time of it ?

@astrofool please do post the evidence for this, as it will be very very funny to watch him try to weasel away from it.

Posted them before, but I'm sure they'll try and say that Scientific American, National Geographic and the British Medical Journal are all part of the conspiracy:

The Benefits of Vaccinating Kids against COVID Far Outweigh the Risks of Myocarditis - Scientific American

Covid-19: Study that claimed boys are at increased risk of myocarditis after vaccination is deeply flawed, say critics | The BMJ

The real risk of heart inflammation to kids is from COVID-19—not the vaccine (nationalgeographic.com)

I would note that as the pandemic recedes, being able to find the data produced during the pandemic will get harder and the conspiracy theorists will move onto revisionism.

(I did the maths before in an old post, let's use that as a bar to see if someone can properly contribute to discussion).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

no - you don't seem to grasp it ... Science says so - it's not an opinion it is fact.

So have you any comment on the studies posted by Astrofool?

He won't comment. They never let themselves get nailed down to points like that.

He'll ignore and deflect. Maybe will vanish for a while and jump back onto the thread when he thinks everyone's forgotten. He might throw a strop first and declare that we're all too stupid and mean to hear the excellent response he totally and really has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Yes they're out of date and don't relate to the current variant, we know the data has been wrong on many occasions so it's ok to assume they were using bad data, 95% efficant, what's it now, 0% after 2 doses. The end results are also stastically insignificant in a cohort that size. Translate that to Ireland's population and it a has little impact to the health service, kids were in the main were spaired from Covid vaccinated or unvaccinated thankfully.

The vaccine numbers for children in that cohort here tell you everything you need to know, there's no point vaccinating kids or even most adults now i'd argue based on the underlying natural immunity, the EU granted the emergency use autorisation not based on the specific benifit to children themselves but to the larger society to reduce transmission, we know now that resioning was nuked by Omicorn, most kids and adults now have had it.

As Astrafool posted a study on kids, are they tryign to make the argumet to push on with vaccinating kids based on the presented data, it just doesn't stack up. We're a few weeks into the let it rip stage and things look better every day and that's with very few parents now offering up their kids for the trial.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,605 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

absolutely 100% of that exists in your head only.

Again mate, this is all your own opinion.

You are not a doctor. You get your opinions from places like twitter and Fox news.

You opinion seems to be that the vaccines did nothing and were never necessary.

Do you understand why no one is convinced by your opinion and why your posts have been relegated to this forum and put next to the dudes claiming that the vaccines will kill 50% of the Earth's population and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,995 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Right, what do you know that the health professionals around the world don't?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,995 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The fact that this vaccines "safety" thread is in the conspiracy forum speaks volumes

Your not going to convince me it's not about money at this stage, do you believe Pfizers own data, I certainly don't.

If authorization is granted, the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine would be the first vaccine available to help protect children under 5 years of age from this disease, potentially including future emerging variants of concern.

“As hospitalizations of children under 5 due to COVID-19 have soared, our mutual goal with the FDA is to prepare for future variant surges and provide parents with an option to help protect their children from this virus,” said Albert Bourla, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Pfizer. “Ultimately, we believe that three doses of the vaccine will be needed for children 6 months through 4 years of age to achieve high levels of protection against current and potential future variants. If two doses are authorized, parents will have the opportunity to begin a COVID-19 vaccination series for their children while awaiting potential authorization of a third dose.”

That's Pfizere's own words, so two doses to profect you from the disease and variants they don't know about while waiting for a booster as the first two aren't good enough, so 3 potential jabs for a 6mt old.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,605 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

dont need to convince you about anything, you're obviously free to believe whatever nonsense you want to.

i just feel a need to keep shining the light on all the misinformation, inaccuracies and lies in this thread, as allowing lies to be propagated at the risk of peoples health is extremely dangerous in my opinion.

Ok. so your theory is that the vaccines don't work and that pfizer was faking data.

Are you still trying to pretend you're not a conspiracy theorist?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

absolute drivel of a post with no supporting evidence from any qualified professional .... the irony of this nonsense is trying to debunk an actual post which contains verified factual evidence!

The more you post the more you are showing your absolute determination not to believe anything but your own biased views.

• Advertisement

We know the data was wrong, that's openly admitted no conspiracy there.

Advertisement