Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'Arcy's screw up of the day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,612 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Was thinking that.

Don't think you can call the time he hands over to Naucht at as a screw up.

Considering he has been handing over late for 99.99% of the time since he returned to rte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I'm pretty sure that poster was having a go at the people that post in this thread, as he does in many other threads - it's his thing for some strange reason.

Fr Jessup on steroids if you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I took an interest in this after reading the post below. It did not actually specify the time of the Nuacht that day, so I thought that would be worthwhile doing now and again.

""Late again today to Nuacht. Finished his suicide chat at 3:54 and then went straight to Conor Pope. There wasn't a hope in hell he's be finshed with that and a required ad break before 4pm but he still stuck to his plan. I'd say the Nuacht newsreaders hate his guts""

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Ray talking about Katie Taylor's big win in Radisson Square Garden on Saturday night 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Reci....

Recidi...

Repeat offender 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Will_I_Amnt

He wasn't too popular in Today FM either. There was an incident over a mug being glued to his desk, and he got top brass to order Mario not to do impersonations of him on Gift Grub anymore - which stopped - until he left the station.

Always a good indicator of what type of person someone is if they can't laugh at themselves.

Buttons 3-0 Ray D'Arcy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Ah jasus htf is Darcy still employed, definitely must have photos or a recording of someone doing something or someone they shouldn't.🤔

The mind boggles

• Advertisement

Imagine having a thread of your screw ups, not just screw ups but screw ups of the day 😱🙄,

Amazing Raymond 👌

AHH Ray 4 screw ups and it's not even half hour in 😦😥😫

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I have to say lads

I listened to the podcast up to the Mexican lady and didn’t hear any fcuk ups

are yous being super critical of the guy

Perhaps rte have edited the podcast to make him appear competent?

They have form in editing them, like they did with some of Tubs shows recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

So what were the huge mistakes today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Field east

How come then that he announces that he is taking the day off to celebrate it. As he said it’s a SPECIAL one. He announced it at least twice on the show . As a matter of fact he has a HABIT of saying lots of his utterances twice . This announcing utterances twice thing must be a strategy for some presenters - maybe the ones that want to spent the minimum amount of prep time for the show

Just for the occasional record, Nuacht at 4:00:20 on 09 May.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,213 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

There's good music on RnaG 3-4pm, for anyone looking for a better alternative.

And 15 minutes of Nuacht at 4 o'clock for those who need it.

Ray is all over the gaff today - having issues with all the buttons. Keyed up a U2 song and out comes some youn one singing a U2 cover. "Ah, oh - that's not the one. Youa see, they never tell me who's singing them". Poor Ray - it's never his fault

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 14,508 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

"Was it those lads who sang what does the wolf say?"

What a plank.

And another:

Going on about the Wagatha Christie case. Was about to reveal who exactly had coined the term "Wagatha Christie" and sounded awfully bombastic about it - when he realised that he'd lost the piece of paper he'd written it down on and had to scramble about looking for it, before giving up and someone had to hand it to him.

I reckon Darcy spends as much time as tubs on his preparation, even though he regularly says when I was coming into the office this morning 🙄😒🤔

At least he apologised to the Nuacht newsreader today (4:03 pm)

In fairness the country really needed to hear what Dana had to say 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dom the chemist

This issue is that since D'Arcy returned to RTE, he has shown total contempt for Nuacht, it had been broadcast at 3:30pm on the dot for about 60 years but within a few days back at RTE, Farcy starts an interview at 3:27pm and throws a hissy fit and says something like we have to go to this fecking news in Irish now, the next thing he demanded that it be removed completely, RTE bosses kinda gave in by moving it to whenever Darcy was ready to put it on around 4pm ish. Its absolutely ridiculous that such a hospital radio standard of broadcaster has so much power at RTE. When you think of all the broadcasting giants of yesteryear who hosted the radio 1 afternoon show, all of them went to Nuacht on time at 3:30pm and all of them treated the Nuacht reader with professional dignity and respect.

Screw up today in literally the first two seconds.

Trying to play the jingle for the show. *frantically searches for button to play jingle*... "Which one is it......"

deleted

• Advertisement

Ray plays the wrong clip in the quiz (Jackie Charlto in a clip not related to the questionn) and has to go toa break to try and figure out how to recover from his screwup

Advertisement