Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

In fairness Jimmy had that coming but it feels like Howard is only getting started.

I was nearly watching the last few minutes through my fingers. It's scary how easily Lalo can go from charming to icy evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

The whole Lalo Germany thing just seemed all way too convenient and easy. However, I was strangely invested at the end, really didn't want her to be killed, I'm glad she wasn't. It seemed too sad a kill!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

What someone opening up to a complete stranger about something deeply personal to them after a couple of drinks?!

Very true to life I would say

Post edited by The Big Easy on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The final 15 minutes of that episode show the particular magic of Better Call Saul: a busy, incident-packed episode of television, and yet the creators still manage to find space for a generously-paced, tense set piece with several locations that doesn’t feel rushed in the slightest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Yes, but to also set yourself up in such a way to walk her home and be millimetres away from being invited to stay the night just seemed a bit easy. Then again, handsome exotic Lalo isn't just anybody haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Great episode, perfect pacing, Tony Dalton is a fantastic actor. I love how ocd Gus is about everything that scene with the tooth brush had me chuckling.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Not seeing this on Netflix at the moment for some reason but was there earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Howard and Saul in the ring was hilarious

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Glad Lalo didn't kill off Little Bear or his owner in Germany. Surely if Howard's PI is following Jimmy Mike's guys will spot him as they are watching Jimmy as well.

Kim and Jimmy seem to expect Howard to suspect them as they discussed in the bed this seemed to be factored in to their plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I was terrified for that poor dog at the end, I was far more invested in Barchen than his owner. Nice that she survived too, of course.

Just on Howard, now that he has a PI following Jimmy, the dynamics are very interesting. There isn’t a lot being said about how another car shadowing Jimmy, and Kim by extension, will lead her into a false sense of security if Lalo shows up and dispatches of Mike’s men.

Having two different parties tailing the couple, along with Lalo waiting to make his return and Gus keeping track of it all himself too, it’s beautifully set up for a chaotic showdown in the later episodes I think. I have a feeling that Howard is the one that’ll get caught up in the middle, and Kim’s fate will stretch into the second half of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just a heads up we have two more episodes before the mid-season break. Also good breakdown of the episode and all the little details you might have missed like Lalo looking at Werner's ruler he sees who made it and can track down Werner"s Boys to get more information from them

Post edited by Snake Plisken on

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

are kim and jimmy hoping that Howard will overreact? and thats what gets him...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Good episode. Very tense last ten minutes or so.

Anyone got any theories on Gus in the lab? Definitely seemed like he was planning something or am I overthinking and he was just wanting to get construction finished?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Loved Jimmy and Howard boxing. Reminded me of the fight scene in Bridget Jones 😄 Like others are saying I'm wondering how Jimmy being followed by a PI is going to pan out given Mike is following them. Or is Mike only following Kim? Either way there's bound to be some crossover between the followers.

I'm starting to root for Lalo 😬 What's with the 'award'? Initially I thought it was a big lump of uncut crystal meth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Lalo is definitely the most charming and sociable Salamanca (not that he's up against much opposition) and I was glad to see him back this week. I figured he wouldn't kill Little Bear or Werner's wife because he only kills when he needs to. He's probably the most dangerous Salamanca yet, because he has control over his impulses and that's why Gus is really put out by him.

Getting tired of Jimmy and Kimmy and I wish they'd wrap their story line up soon and jump forward to Cinnabon Jimmy. Maybe give us a couple of episodes set entirely there. Kim could still be alive in the future, as could Lalo and Howard (and Jesse!). Actually my prediction overall is that Howard will end up dead because of Jimmy and Kim, possibly at the hands of Lalo/Gus, and that could scare Kim straight. She reminds of someone who is going dangerously close to the line but doesn't know what it is like to actually cross it. Jimmy does and that's why he's not as into the Howard revenge as she is. She's looking for thrills/revenge but I think when she does finally see the consequences of her actions, she will run and straighten herself out. Even her balancing her beer bottle on the railing of her balcony while smoking made me uneasy; she's wants to live on the edge and it could all turn out horribly for her. I thought the scene with her ex-PA complimenting Kim on her morality was interesting; it's flattering to Kim, but I also get the sense that she ultimately doesn't want to be the good shepherd who takes care of others. her mother was a drunk, and Kim was the responsible one; I think she's sick of that role.

6/10 episode.

He left a gun in the tracks of the mini-digger so...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

They really teased us/the viewers with a potential Lalo sex scene….. would have been great to see

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Ah, I missed that. Couldn't quite see what he was doing at the digger track.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Captain Barnacles

Why did he get spooked at Los Pollos hermanos and go outside ?

Also what was the deal with leaving the gun on the JCB ?

• Advertisement

I was wondering what set him off at the chicken place too...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Didn't one of the employees drop a large tray or something. Something that caused a clatter of noise. Gus barely showed any reaction but he's so on edge that I think he needed to go outside. I think he realised he can't continue waiting for Lalo and that's what made him then return to the dig site for whatever he's planning next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

He thinks lalo will somehow find the underground lab so left the gun as safety? Surely the digger will move unless construction has stopped?

How did he find Werner's wife. How did he know about Werner?

Great episode

• Registered Users Posts: 18,637 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

That seems to be the way it is going. Kim and Jimmy ‘did not cover their tracks’. On purpose.

And who knows what the next stage is that Kim/Jimmy have planned? Kim implied it was enough to make Jimmy feel guilty to agree to the boxing match. Which I did not expect was well done.

But where it can go wrong now is if the outsider observers of Kim/Jimmy colliding. Mike’s men and Howard’s PI? Who will spot who? What will happen between those two camps doing the observing? It will be tense.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

There is a fan theory that Kim never dies. And is hiding behind the scenes in BB directing Jimmy/Saul….

Someone mentioned Werner to him in an earlier episode...I can't remember who though.

In the last ep S6 ep5. I got to be honest was watching it going through the motions for most of it. Enjoyed the boxing scene and PI but. Then not much happening but watching it in case something could happen.

Was all set to say there was not much tension in the episode. Because we know Gus’s future story.

Then bang ‘LALO’ tension up to 90. If you did not know the background story you would think it was a romantic type show.

The writers fooled me completely- I assumed it would be another episode of ‘no Lalo?’

I thought it was superbly done. Was very natural. Lonely widow in bar alone, meets charming stranger.

At the end I was left with the question why did Lalo NOT kill Margarthe -

1) Because he respected her on some level?

Or

2) Because it would raise suspicion back in New Mexico if he killed her?

I think back to how Lalo casually murdered Fred in the Travel place. But then how Lalo seems to respect Kim at some level.

My only small issue with the Lalo - Germany scene. Is where did Lalo get the key for the door of the apartment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,399 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

If you didn't like season one, you're very unlikely to like any of the later seasons either. This was a show that was great from the start (if you're into that kind of thing)

Advertisement