Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ASGalway

I have received an interview date today for 2.5 weeks time. I have just printed of the competencies and information booklet again from august 2020 as it was so long ago and my application form. I have since been in a new job that does not feature on my application form so presumably I will be using examples for competencies from this role also. Can anyone advise do they refer heavily to your application? and any other advice or tips for the interview would be greatly appreciated..? It says interview is being done by zoom and approx 40 minutes long.. Thanks in advance 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mcg_philip

I have been informed that serving Civil Servants do not need to undergo Garda vetting.

I am in the same boat. During Covid, I was seconded and then transferred in to a totally different role - all with great and valuable experience. Like you, I was not sure what to do re my competencies so I got some advice from my HR and my manager.

-      Tell the panel that since you initially applied, that you have a new role and explain that you will be using examples from both your application and your current role.

-      You can refer to your current (new role) for some of the competency examples and for other competencies refer to your application. 

-      As it would be rare to find all the competencies in your new role so, it would be fine to refer back to your application.

I am still preparing for interview and I am relying on the information from both my originally application and my new role. 

What info I submitted on my application – I have filled in the gaps and given more details.

I was also told to keep it brief and not too wordy– you only have 40 mins.

Hope this helps.

DublinTigger

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mfscaff

Does anyone know what stage they are at in mayo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Paddleboard_11

@Dublintigger You don't need to do the Garda vetting if you are a serving Civil Servant....but just check with PAS in case you are going to a different Department that requires further vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

New EO competition opening the 12th May!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pilah

Does this competition close if another opens on 12 May?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

Anyone have phone number for PAS?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

I would say this competition will stay open until the new one gets up and running in a couple of months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭furrybones

There will be no more appointments from this panel after June.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

Anyone here batch 3.2 Wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

Update for Galway from a person I know in CS there. No more movement is foreseen for interviews and so far only 6 called according to PAS. Another year of failing at the final hurdle for me, in the teens, and getting nowhere. No movement for Clare either. Revenue is doing its own thing internally (transfers specifically in Clare) apparently but that is from the same conversation I had with the person in the civil service.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Iggy1986

really? Where did you hear that? They’re still calling people for the E tray

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AranJumpers

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Quadrivium

I know of a few people who recently completed the e-tray and are awaiting results, it's an absolute farce that they would be still conducting e-trays at this stage if there wasn't any opportunity to interview or be placed, it's a total disregard for the applicants time and effort.

Yes I saw it on their Facebook page but don’t see anything about this panel closing. Well I hope not for a few months anyway

It is a farce, I’m one of them! I did it less than two weeks ago, no results yet. So interview is looking unlikely! Unless they extend it for summer or something. It’s unfair making people do them otherwise, I wouldn’t have bothered preparing for it if I knew this competition was coming so soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

I went from CO to EO & didn't need to do the Garda Vetting. I did have to submit the qualifying documents alright though as I was on the Open panel. I think for Inter departmental you just need to have 2 years service done but not 100% on if you need some qualifying docs. They'll l look for a reference from your current department.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ahshurlookit

Those who did the etray recently, relax, if you pass you will get an interview and if you pass that and chose Dublin, you will get a job.

Timelines for the new competition are probably something along these lines. Announced tomorrow with closing date of early June, psychometric testing, possibly in two parts to take place late June, early July. Results out early August, etray late August with results taking 4/5 weeks and interviews starting 2 weeks later and going on for about 3 weeks. Panel formed in October. And that's if everything runs smoothly.

Look at the current HEO thread. Competition announced early March. Psychometric testing just finished but there was an issue with it so everyone offered a chance to resit. 2 months passed and not even close to foing a panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 carriet90

What county is that for and do you mind me asking what's your oom? I would presume they will keep this panel open as others have been extended due to COVID.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 carriet90

Do you mind be asking what county is that and your oom? I presume this competition will be extended due to COVID.

In the EO booklet it stated it was not envisaged that appointments will be made from this competition after April 2022 so it's been extended already. I did read June 2022 somewhere but I can't find it now.

PAS will have to go through the whole process of assessments, etray & interview again for the new panel so hopefully we'll get a few more months. With so many having completed etray and interview it would be such a waste of everyone's time if they weren't offered positions before the panel closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Instead of whinging on boards why don't you just email PAS and find out what's going on.

Does anyone know how many batches begin with 3? I’m in batch 4 and just trying to gauge how many are before me.

For Wexford!

Sorry yes! I know you’re right, just jumped the gun once I saw a new competition opening but thanks for the reassurance 😊

I have Dublin down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 JoannaP10

Does anyone know if there was anyone from Kilkenny called to do -tray? Thanks

Advertisement