Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭C4000

Might be the best option if they are committed to that weekend......They should consider deferring it to the following weekend when there are no hurling matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

super win thrilled to bits we were missing a few other than the obvious but came through it some serious prospects in that team

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭billyhead

Hayes will surely drop back and play a roaming role like Lynch did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭High bike

Or he could play centre forward on Maher,and ONeill could float around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭einn32

Tough game. Good sign of the team to keep going all the way to the end. No easy wins in Munster. Ennis will be another massive game. I think Kiely will pick his best team, no 'B' team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,722 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I think we will see a team with about 8/9 first team like in the league.

I doubt he will risk any more injuries to key forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

I think the likes of Colm Boylan, Seamie Flanagan and Richie English will start the next day. Give them an opportunity to prove they are ready starters without weakening the team too much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Yes I think Kiely is looking for a 'performance' but its not necessarily a must win. I think Boylan and Flanagan will start. O Neill might be kept in reserve. He scored two fine points yesterday but he needs to work on his Composure. His shooting is wild. I think O Donoghue is carrying a shoulder injury since that first game against Galway. Rest won't fix it bit it might help. Its strapped all the time now.

Even Limerick with a full team might struggle in Ennis so I don't see the advantage of going with a full team. I'd even leave off Hegarty from the start . It ll be a great contest anyway.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭cnoc

Yes, I was thinking that Gearóid Hegarty would be targeted by Clare. Who would you suggest should get his place.

You mean Conor Boylan. I can see Hayes, possibly Hegarty and Gillane sitting it out. David Reidy will start aswell as Boylan and Flanagan. Richie might come into the full back line instead of Finn or Nash. I can't see Casey not starting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Do we want to win the game or fulfill the fixture.?? Anything less than our strongest available starting 15 will not win this game. This is a fine Clare team, well drilled and organised by Lohan and co. playing at home in Ennis. Already with 2 away wins under their belt they will not settle for second best at home. A titanic battle awaits. And it will be likewise for Waterford when they travel there the following week. I predict the Banner will definitely take one win from their last 2 games.

It would be nice to keep the winning momentum going but can we risk injuries to more key players.

When you have the luxury of being qualified (even if not 100% in Munster Final) then it makes sense to try out more players in the white hot battle in Ennis. It can only be good for the panel and they may well be needed as starters if there are injuries later. They lads who will likely start are all players who regularly come in as subs anyway so its not that much of a risk

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭letsseehere14

Really good impact form the bench Sunday, that was the most satisfying part. Also to come through the toughest challenge weve got since the Munster final. Had they more on the bench it would have been a razer tight finish.

Gillane still mixing the sublime with the stupid, but Hegarty has been absolutely immense this year. Backs coped well and it was a real tactical challenge for Kiely to overcome. Overall to get a win like that was big in my opinion.

Clare game is funny, go out with a reduced team and risk losing, perhaps with the confidence that it will be reversed in a Munster final, but you also dont want to put two games back to back where we have serious questions asked of us as this feeds the opposition teams.

I'd say there will be a couple of changes for Sunday, but not too many. There's a nice three week gap to the Munster final, which we are not qualified for and could still miss out on if we play a weakened team and lose by 7 or 8 points.

I could see Richie starting and Nash possibly going to wing back for this one. I'd guess one of the midfielders, probably O'Donoghue, will be rested with Hanley given a shot. I think Hayes will play given the games he has missed. I'd like to see him centre forward, with Flanagan, Mulcahy and Boylan inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

What about Hayes' hamstring though? They never fully go away if strained

Agree. I can see him sitting this one out. Hamstrings can go easily again and if it did it could be longer recuperation. It's not worth the risk.

There is definitely a balance between getting him game time and making sure not to aggravate the injury. He only got two games in the league and missed the Waterford match.......its a hard call alright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,722 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

If we put out a weak team anyone with half a brain will know exactly what happened and why. It'll only be the usual cranks and losers on barstools and Boards who will think their are "questions to ask"

• Advertisement

I tend to agree though it has to be at least a someway competitive team. Clare strike me as a team who feed off momentum. if they beat us badly it'll give them a massive lift.

I wonder what sort of training the team did between the Waterford and the Tipp match, they really lacked a yard of pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭einn32

Is the injury list larger this year compared to other years?

1.30 on Sunday 22nd May for the u20 final, in Thurles as curtain raiser to Tipp/Cork.

Limerick fans might outnumber Tipp fans again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,581 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

There's also the element of freshness. Clare have had a 2-week break and Limerick had a pretty tough game on Sunday v Tipp.

If they put out their best 15 and lose because Clare are just a bit fresher and sharper, people will ask why they didn't utilize their squad more.

(especially the likes of English or Reidy, who arguably could be starting anyways)

Tickets for Sunday available now on ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Greasy Paw

Surely he won't start English-at least until after next Sunday week.

Full strength team named for Sunday with Hayes at centre forward.

Interesting to see Micheal Houlihan named on the bench. There was a need for another forward to be drafted in....hopefully he gets on the pitch at some stage and shows what he's capable of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭dvega

Bench is probably the weakest at any point in while

Advertisement