Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does Israel Get way with this

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,228 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Typical Israelibot response.

No surprises there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,323 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

You can imagine if the Irish had some stereotypical racist view of the Israelis…. There’d be uproar.

4147 kilometres is the distance between Ireland and the US, a country and culture and people we have a connection, partnerships and history with.

5707 kilometres between Ireland and Israel with no direct flights, no significant history or partnerships. culturally, in terms of trade or socially.

Ireland was the first EU member state to declare that a solution to the conflict in the Middle East HAD to be based on a fully sovereign State Of Palestine, independent of and co-existing with Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,507 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

As a superfan of Chronicle of Apartheid can I ask when we will get chronicles that don't only focus on figureheads or political tokens? Perhaps we could chronicle all the Love and Harmony in the West Bank that is being implied is happening. Are all the West Bank schoolchildren learning together peaceably, are people all secure in their possessions, there is no IDF condoned violence against Arabs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Bang of Israeli propaganda in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Bayonet

This was my point. Ireland couldn't be more irrelevent to Israel if you tried. You have zero sway in Israel, no clout internationally. Yet you're trying to be the flag bearers of the PLO and spearheading a boycott, whilst Arab states are increasing their trade with Israel and more peace deals are rumoured to be on the horizon.

So whilst a bunch of white folk in Dublin jump up and down crying 'muh apartheid', the Arabs are investing in Israeli tech and literally creating new economoic ecosystems with Israel. The UAE in particular has already invested billions with Israel.

I'll be honest, Ireland looks pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Housefree

This is what your dealing with.

Israel funds a massive online troll army to defend it's Apartheid regime and justify it's human rights abuses. This thread would be flagged on one of their apps and the state sponsored trolls flood with propaganda.

Check this advert for their propaganda app:

People need to join Irish solidarity groups and the BDS movement, links below:

https://www.ipsc.ie/

As viewership of the 'Chronicles of Apartheid' sky rockets, we turn to some 'ordinary' every day Arabs living in Israel.

Meet an Israeli-Arab Muslim businessman. He's being interviewed by some Arab news channel.

Much to the anonyance of the Israel detractors, there's been a phrase used by Israeli Arabs for some decades now. It's along the lines of "If Israel was hell, it would still be better than paradise in Palestine"

Here the Arab businessman seems content to live in Israel and is not interested in false Amnesty reports by left wing activists.

So Israel is cancelling its broadcast of Chronicles of Apartheid to Ireland? :(

There's popularity among US Conservatives to Ban BDS, if you can believe it. These very Anti-PC Brigade, Muh Free Speech types, afraid of a few pinko haired commies with tattoos and nose rings suggesting we Boycott, Divest from, or Sanction Israel. Wild, innit? Almost like they are afraid there might be some common sense to the proposal.

I thought the Irish were not worthy of the Chronicles of Apartheid, they were all a bunch of white devils or something?

Glad to hear about literal no-name Businessman, is his no-name shop located in the West Bank by chance?

Also not the best Standard Bearer, when Mr. Businessman's headline is he'd rather live in "Hell in Israel" then whatever the ****. That's like saying you'd rather live in hell in a Nazi concentration camp or in fear up in the attic with Anne Frank than be burned alive after having fire ants supposited in your anus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,775 ✭✭✭buried

lol "He's being interviewed by some Arab news channel" AKA "I don't know or even care who is interviewing him, some Arab crowd"

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

@Bayonet you have made enough specific examples to reinforce your point at this stage.

Engage more proactively with the other posters (or not, if you choose), but enough with the articles

I'm glad to see that at least someone acknowledges that the point has been made.

My series was a smash hit. It's sad that it has to end. Maybe it was just a bit too persuasive and had to be halted, eh? 😉

That's okay, the thread can now go back to being an IRA/PLO echo chamber again.

Post edited by Bayonet on

I think we already figured out the point at the outset, that you'd scour for a series of political tokens to do anything but answer direct questioning about the current state of affairs in the West Bank, which to be quite plain, is not at all a part of Israel. Are Muslim Arabs and Jewish Israelis sat equally in homes, businesses, busses, schoolhouses, on boards, in law enforcement etc. in the West Bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,323 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I doubt Ireland or anyone in the country are worried about your opinion ;) it’s inaccurate and irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Mr_Jacko

Another innocent journalist killed by the apartheid regime of Israel.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-61403320

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

War Crime.

But it's not really the on par with the same thing as when a journalist in Ukraine gets killed because in this case she doesn't look like us and probably is not from the Continent of Europe, cause those things matter more, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,457 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Do we have independent verification that it was the IDF that shot her?

If not, then perhaps we should wait, but alas the response by the above two posters shows up their anti-semitism by apportioning blame without knowing the facts.

Yes, perhaps all of the eye witnesses, including her producer who was shot in the back, are lying??

Samoudi, who was wounded and who was working as her producer, told The Associated Press they were among a group of seven reporters who went to cover the raid early Wednesday. He said they were all wearing protective gear that clearly marked them as reporters, and they passed by Israeli troops so the soldiers would see them and know that they were there.

He said the first shot missed them, then a second struck him, and a third killed Abu Aqleh. He said there were no armed Palestinians or other civilians in the area — only the reporters and the army.

Samoudi said the military’s suggestion that they were shot by armed Palestinians was a “complete lie.”

• Registered Users Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

More lies no doubt on the way. Just like with Rachel Corrie.

• Advertisement

The palestinians have refused a joint autopsy investigation. That's all I need to know

In Jerusalem, Foreign Minister Yair Lapid offered the PA to conduct a joint autopsy to determine the cause of death, an offer that was apparently rejected out of hand.

Except there's video of armed palestinians firing

This is the moment 'palestinians' claimed to have scored a hit on an Israeli soldier. Except no soldier was hit. It is very likely they hit the journalist and thought they hit a soldier.

Anyway the palestinians have already buried the journalist. Nice and quick, no autopsy. Nothing suspicious there 😉

No there isn't. There is an alleged video of Palestinians claiming to have shot an Israeli soldier which Israel are using as a propaganda tool to try to claim it was actually the reporter he hit. But the world knows all about Israeli propaganda by now.

"Shaza Hanaysheh, a journalist with a Palestinian news website who was also among the reporters, gave a similar account in an interview with Al Jazeera's Arabic channel, saying there were no clashes or shooting in the immediate area.

She said that when the shots rang out she and Abu Akleh ran toward a tree to take shelter.

“I reached the tree before Shireen. She fell on the ground,” Hanaysheh said. “The soldiers did not stop shooting even after she fell. Every time I extended my hand toward Shireen, the soldiers fired at us.”

Israel are committing war crimes in front of the watching world. Something needs to be done.

Who are these 'witnesses'? The PLO?

Why have the Palestinian authorities refused a joint autopsy to establish the truth?

Seems to me the Palestinians shot her and are now claiming her for propaganda purposes.

Oh, I see. So Israeli accounts and video evidence are dismissed out of hand, but your pro-palestinian sources are 100% believed.

I mean it's not like the term 'Pallywood' was created specifically because palestinians have staged dozens of acts for media consumption over the years.

Could you just explain to me why palestinians have refused to do an autopsy and have already buried the journalist?

Palestinians: Help...there's been a murder!

Israel: Let us investigate with a joint Israeli-Palestinian investigation.

Palestinians: No. And we've already buried the victim. Case closed.

Sounds a bit off tbh. Surely they can establish with the bullet what weapon fired it, and given the IDF only use a subset of weapons rule out the IDF?

An autopsy would 100% find out who killed her. Forensics on a bullet can determine the actual gun that fired the bullet, not just the make or calibre.

The Israelis and palestinians have done joint autopsy investigations before, so this wouldn't be breaking new ground.

The fact it was rejected rings alarm bells.

She was apparently buried about an hour or two after dying.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Who's going to trust the country that whitewashed the killing of 4 children on a beach? And we only know about that because it happened beside a hotel full of journalists

Advertisement