Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game News 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

They have also just added Fortnite to xcloud and have said they will be adding more free to play games. If they can get warzone on here, which I'm sure they will once/if the acquisition goes through it would perfect for that causal market on top of gamepass

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

FIFA and EA Sports end their partnership

To football fans everywhere,

I want to start by thanking this incredible community of more than 150 million fans for helping build the world's biggest football entertainment platform - EA SPORTS™ FIFA.

After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining interactive football experiences, we will soon begin an exciting new era.

Next year, EA SPORTS FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS. Alongside our 300+ license partners across the sport, we're ready to take global football experiences to new heights, on behalf of all football fans around the world.

Everything you love about our games will be part of EA SPORTS FC – the same great experiences, modes, leagues, tournaments, clubs and athletes will be there. Ultimate Team, Career Mode, Pro Clubs and VOLTA Football will all be there. Our unique licensing portfolio of more than 19,000+ players, 700+ teams, 100+ stadiums and 30 leagues that we've continued to invest in for decades will still be there, uniquely in EA SPORTS FC. That includes exclusive partnerships with the Premier League, LaLiga, Bundesliga, Serie A, the MLS – and more to come.

This new independent platform will bring fresh opportunity – to innovate, create and evolve. This is much more than just a change of symbol - as EA SPORTS, we're committed to ensuring EA SPORTS FC is a symbol of change. We're dedicated to meaningfully reinvesting in the sport, and we're excited to work with a large and increasing number of partners to expand to new authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity and immersion to a global community of fans. I look forward to sharing more detail on these plans in the coming months.

EA SPORTS FC will allow us to realize this future and much more…but not before we deliver our most expansive game ever with our current naming rights partner, FIFA, for one more year. We are committed to ensuring the next FIFA is our best ever, with more features, game modes, World Cup content, clubs, leagues, competitions, and players than any FIFA title before.

We're incredibly excited to build the future of global football with all of you, and will be happy to share more info on EA SPORTS FC in Summer 2023. The future of the sport is very big and bright, and football fandom is reaching across every corner of the world. Global football has been part of EA SPORTS for nearly thirty years - and today, we're ensuring that it will be for decades to come.

We exist to create the future of football fandom – whether virtual or real, digital or physical, it's all football. Thank you for your continued support.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I guess the game we knew as FIFA will become FC now..

series in 30 years old next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I still remember the goal you could score from just inside the half way line near the side in FIFA 95. Our games would decend into being less about scoring goals and more about hacking my mate down before he got to that spot 😂. And then I would run away from the ref so he couldn't book me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gave up Fifa a few years ago. Best gaming decision I ever made.

• Advertisement

But the through ball is ever so slightly different in the new one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Suppose won't effect the game that much really, given so much of the game's content are the national leagues, which FIFA wouldn't have any say over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

EA and FIFA parting ways. This must be what it's like when your parents split up, but your parents are Piers Morgan and Katie Hopkins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

'FIFA president Gianni Infantino has responded, insisting, "the only authentic, real game that has the FIFA name will be the best one available for gamers and football fans."'

I've never a defiant statement so perfectly judged to be pulled up ironically in three or four years' time when an absolute howler of a FIFA game is released.

Brown envelopes for reviewers and influencers incoming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,910 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

This is the best chance Konami will ever have to take the larger market share in the football sims market from EA.

Purchase the FIFA naming rights and hope for wide parental confusion. 😂

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I hear that Bad Attitude Baracas has set up a sports company, and wants to partner with them.

Konami Presents BA SPORTS FIFA 2024

• Registered Users Posts: 33,595 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Can't wait to see the WWE2K20-esque videos of all the glitches and hilarity of the initial effort.

Disappointing that it's both, but I'd rather a more polished game than a beta release.

The delay worked well for Halo. They averted a franchise killing disaster.

Let the guys do their job and have a life outside work too.

With Starfield pushed to next year, do Microsoft have any exclusive games coming out this fall?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sony's only really got god of war.

Nintendo has loads though.

Microsoft have state of decay (mega yawn) and hellblafe unless that's been delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I have my fingers crossed for a new Forza Motorsport game.

Stalker 2 as well due to Ukraine war. Not sure if that is exclusive or not.

To be honest, exclusive has been replaced with "coming to Game Pass" for the xbox. GAMES Don't necessarily need to be exclusive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And everything is coming to PC.

Even the Sony stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Dead Space remake announced, due for release 27 Jan 2023

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Did not think it would be that soon. Just played through the original on the Steam Deck and it's still great.

I wonder when The Callisto Protocol will be released. It might beat Dead Space to the punch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'd guess that there'll be a few big third party games announced as coming to Game Pass to make up for the delays to first party games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's looking like there could be something of a 'AAA drought' for the rest of the year. There are some well-known games on the way in the next six months, but other than Ragnarok and Pokemon it's actually relatively quiet in terms of really big blockbusters (outside the usual annual COD / FIFA-that's-no-longer-called-FIFA). Certainly, it's a whole lot quieter than the past two autumns / winters, although granted we could get some announcements in the coming weeks that could change that (Fallen Order 2?). Although I wouldn't rule out Hogwarts Legacy being a big hitter in the absence of much competition.

I am looking forward to seeing a new Criterion Need for Speed, though, and the relatively quiet period means a lot of other games will have a chance to shine without so many big-name titles hogging the limelight.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,808 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Laaads, got so hyped and then.... Soundtrack. Rockstar are just playing up to the villain role at this stage.

Re: AAA drought - Grubb reckons the Jedi sequel will be March-ish next year. He also claims it'll be called Jedi Survivor which just makes me want to see Destiny's Child star as Inquisitor Sisters.

As for other XB titles, Hellblade 2 should be out this year but I don't necessarily count it as being a big tentpole title (despite liking the original and being interested in the sequel).

Gal Gun Pixies is also a tenner on steam at the moment and if you buy it you won't need for any triple A games.

WATA, the bellends responsible for the 'record' sales of extremely common games like Super Mario Bros are being investigated for market manipulation.

Hopefully they get nailed to the wall as a lot of the people involved have been found guilty of market manipulation in other markets including stamp collecting in the 80's

• Advertisement
Advertisement