Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Depending on the route you, you tried via Boston?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Thanks all.

I am planning a trip to Cayman and it is a nightmare to get to/from (always 2 stops). On the way home JetBlue have a flight to JFK which would connect nicely with Aer Lingus but unfortunately not bookable. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I said 2 or 3 in my last post about it, so its good to see its 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭donkey balls

If EI were to outsource the ground handling to either Swisspprt or Sky handling, Do those companies not have issues with staffing levels.

Was talking to a lad I use to work with he was telling me that the company had switched ground handling companies(Obviously costs) but the SLA between the companies is a joke suppose to be a minimum of 12 staff to load unload plane and normally they have 3/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

I don’t think any outsourcing plan would be in the traditional sense of simply handing the contract to a company like Swissport or Sky Handling and letting them get on with it but rather the creation of a new business either wholly owned by Aer Lingus featuring lower terms or more likely a contract job managed by one of the handlers in an exclusive deal, much like Ryanair’s ‘Blue Handling’ which appears in house but is actually operated by Omniserv.

No doubt Aer Lingus management would be hoping most of its own staff would move over to the new company as part of the exclusive operation, largely mitigating the risk of wider staff shortages at the handler. Some will obviously choose to leave and the new handler will have to replace them, likely supported by Aer Lingus recruitment.

Ryanair’s Blue Handling model may prove to be an attractive alternative.

Just to say, I hope no form of outsourcing occurs at Aer Lingus ground handling but that these are the potential scenarios I see as likely if it ever did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭john boye

I notice that the LRs aren't operating any SH in the morning apart from Heathrow. I'm sure they were operating some other routes a while ago or at least there appeared to be a plan for them to do that, has something changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Possibly due them taking over TATL rotations originally scheduled on the A332s pre COVID?

I am sure that my eyes are just playing tricks with me but did I see an EI 332 on the ramp earlier today about 1400 (Wednesday)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

There are no EI A332s in service or indeed in Ireland (other than whatever remains of EI-LAX at NOC).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Cravens

Hmm, they may want to consider bringing those A332’s back online (if there are no major checks to be done) for a while if the A321XLR’s are going to be delayed.

The article suggests the XLR wasn’t due until late 2023 anyway, assuming Aer Lingus were in place for one of the earlier delivery slots, a delay into Q1 2024 wouldn’t be terrible, as long as it doesn’t slip further.

I think many of us presumed the first XLRs would be in service by summer 2023 but it appears that was never the official plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,862 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It could be a lot worse, they could be waiting for a 777X...

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Are the A320 Neo’s for growth or replacements do we know?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Shamrockj

Replacement only as far as I know.. they will mostly be used for flights to Heathrow as the landing charges are much lower for NEO vs CEO

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gary walsh 32

So it be the end of cva cvb and cvc the rest still have a few years

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Not necessarily, it was mentioned before some of the others have leases ending sooner where’s some of the older ones are owned outright

I saw on one of the EI facebook pages that the first 320Neo will be EI-NSA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

CVA/CVB/CVC are owned outright by EI and still flying, they cost 'nothing' effectively. Still have the business class curtain rail fitted 😉

Given the current situation off loading leases releases capital and cuts the monthly burn rate

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Was there any talk rumors or otherwise of a return of the 9am EI flight to JFK?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

They do massive financial gymnastics these days to lower tax liability. So even when it might look like they don't own them they are sometimes a shareholder in the leasing company that does. Or one entity owns the loans and another entity operates the aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Poland2020

There was a plan for a 7am departure to BOS on the NEO before Covid. The 103 was the flight number for the early 757 in 2014

07:50am

10:20am into JFK

I have heard Denver is in the plans for this autumn.

This one is been repainted into aerlingus livery so say it be first to be delivered

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

No pics so far from the constant cameras around the Airbus paint shops.

Saw a debate about this the other day on FB. However Im sure we will see pics as soon as they are posted online.

Picture taken on the 10th of May so probably getting done as we speak

At least 3 of the 4 Smartavia A320neos are already built and either fully or partially painted so will only need a fresh coat of white and green, possibly a cabin refit if that’s on the agenda but I’d doubt it as the 180 config they already have seems appropriate for Aer Lingus.

The first isn't due until Q3 so could be a few weeks yet.

Keeping an eye on the test registrations might be of interest;

F-WWBK

F-WWTR

F-WWDH

F-WWBD

Any flights or movements around Toulouse will pop up on Flight Radar.

Do you know if they will return to BDL?

• Advertisement

I doubt BDL is in the immediate plans but there’s scope for its return in the future.

The current transatlantic fleet is pretty much covered so something would have to be cut or more aircraft needed to bring BDL back into the network and even then there may be more attractive destinations at the top of the wish list.

Aer Lingus did however have a cosy set up at BDL, there was plenty of cash involved and other incentives. While the route was steadily maturing and the incentives were winding down, a relaunch would likely involve renegotiation with Bradley and the State of Connecticut. Aer Lingus would want a brand new incentives package while BDL would probably argue both parities should pick up where they left off.

One thing is for sure, with 6 A321XLRs due from 2024 and 3 aircraft assigned to the fledgling Aer Lingus UK, there’s lots of aircraft to juggle in the near future.

Advertisement