Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derry Girls (Channel 4)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

For any fans of Uncle Colm living near Belfast Kevin McAleer has been announced as one of the first acts to play the newly re-opened Mandela Hall on October 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

This season definitely isn't as good, the stories just seem a lot more contrived but I think that always happens with sitcoms but usually it happens a lot later in sitcoms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Did anyone else have a audio description narrator on tonight's episode?

Episode was fairly shite so didn't really make any difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭appledrop

That was an absolutely outstanding episode.

We have been saying for few weeks that adults were making it so to have the whole episode about them was brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭Deeec

Tonight's episode was much better. I thought the kids playing the mammy's as teens were much better than the actual Derry Girls. The casting was spot on.

Also I think Joe is a great character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,859 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The best episode of a very mediocre season, and shock horror it was the one without the Derry girls, make the adults the focus of the GFA episode and end it with a modicum of dignity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JanusRock5

I loved the generational clones of the young characters.

Not sure how I feel about the budding James/Erin romance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JanusRock5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,744 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I enjoyed tonight! Mothers popcorn favorites episode. She finds the young ones tough going.

It took me ages to figure out I knew Janette from Smother!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

When the husband said 'that's why I don't speak' and all the lads thought it was genius 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,405 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I didn’t particularly enjoy the episode, probably best of the season and the younger parents were very good but it still just didn’t give enough laughs.

the whole thing just went a season to far, they should have left it at two with maybe a Christmas special to wrap it up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I enjoyed that one. Excellent casting of the young mammies - on a side note, love that Aslan got played in the titles. They have some criminally under-rated songs. The more international exposure the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

Anyone else see Roger Daltrey or was that just me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,823 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Episode was OK and probably the best of the season so far

Could we get a twist at the end and there will be a big death maybe highlighting the pressures of teen life ?

Did they have a Christmas special?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭Deeec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭timmyntc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

When it was mentioned about a flashback episode coming up I was wondering was there going to be a fella that Sarah might have had her eye on - possibly Orla’s father. In the three seasons, I don’t remember any mention of his whereabouts, whether he’s alive or dead.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Think there's enough 'dark moments' with the actual news stories from the time the show is set...

I think it will end with The Good Friday Agreement and them all being happy and Erin going off with James.

• Advertisement

Grandpa joe passing away just before the GFA and never seeing the peace he wished for would actually be a beautiful bittersweet moment, akin to nana passing away in the royle family.

Claire not getting the course she wants and taking a header into the foyle would be the worst ending in the history of TV and frankly anyone who thinks otherwise should be banned from owning a TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ham Grenade

It’s a pile of steaming dung. Anyone who likes this tosh needs their head read

Final two episodes air this week.

Tuesday at 9pm

Wednesday at 9pm.(One year later and also 1 hour special)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

If you talking Sophies Choice between those two characters then itd be bye bye Claire for me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,301 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I laughed and cried

Well, a terrible end to a disappointing season, literally a pointless storyline plot. Can we stop pretending it's good because of the accents now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,297 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I hate the way Channel 4 cut across the credits with promo's for other shows, takes away from it. Much better to watch on All4 with no interuption.

• Advertisement

Good episode tonight, interesting now where the finale will go

A fellow Waterfordman Ciaran, really underrated character

Was expecting a death but not that kind of death. Nicola Coughlan ie Claire is definitely the best actress in the whole series. It was a bit sad tbh and it was a really a bit of a heart in your throat moment because you didn't know who it was that died

Advertisement