If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips v Lg

Options
  • 10-05-2022 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

Hi folks I’m looking at the philips 55OLED706 and the Lg 55c1 at the moment, is there much difference in the picture quality? Thanks, Nigel

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Nigzcurran.

Thanks for the post.

Both are excellent televisions.

To 55C14 is the better of the 2 as the Philips 55OLED806 would be more on a par with the 55C14.

The 55OLED806 is currently priced at 1099 Euro which is a great deal and makes it cheaper than the 55OLED706. The Ambi Light feature and the android operating system really boost the appeal of this one over the LG. The 806 series Philips have been very well reviewed and the 48" version won product of the year in What HiFi.

However both the 55c14 and the 55OLED706 are currently an in store only collection at the current pricing and can not be shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Thanks for that Kenny, I’ll do some investigating into the 806. Do you think your price will come down any lower on the Lg c1 in the next month or so with the newer models out now?

Hi Nigzcurran.

The C1 series LG have already been reduced down over this last week but it made the 55" an instore only collection at £899.

Not sure if it would go any lower than that as £899 is a cracking price for it.

Have a check over the 806 and let me know your thoughts.

Ok cheers yep I’m hoping to pop into any store local to me that might have either the 706 or 806 just so I can see them in the flesh and check out the ambilight and android on them, thanks for now 👍🏻

No problem Nigzcurran.

No problem at all, let me know if you get to view them somewhere.

We have the 806 on display here instore and it looks amazing!

• Advertisement

Hi James40.

Please do not posted such disgusting language on our forum. Unless you actually have something of value to add here please keep your thoughts and homophobic remarks to yourself.

@The Ritz - Can we look at removing this post and perhaps the poster from Boards.

I got a similar post off him as well, just some kid trying to be cool and failing miserably

Hey Nigzcurran.

Yeah, not sure what the deal is with them.....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

@James40

Ban issued for abusive behaviour.

Ritz.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Folks,

I’ve been looking after this forum for over 13 years, I think very kindly of it and appreciate RS, all the deals and sales done over the years and the good nature and tolerance of the countless Boardies that have passed this way and benefitted from it.

Over that time I’ve read virtually every post on the forum and the comparatively few times I’ve had to snip or delete has been met with generally good humour.

This is the first time I’ve had to issue a ban on the forum. I’m not at all happy about it and I sincerely hope it doesn’t happen again,

Rirz.

• Advertisement

Hey Ritz.

Sorry you had to do that.

I was a bit surprised myself when I clicked reply on that ****** Comment and it actually showed me what he had typed. I was even more surprised to learn he had contacted the OP directly with the same type of comment.

Thanks as always for your continued support here in our little corner of Boards :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.