Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dirty Hair

• 11-05-2022 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭

Did you know that the Irish people have the dirtiest hair in the world? It’s a proven fact.

don’t believe me?

just go to any swimming pool in Ireland and it is mandatory to wear swimming hats.

now go anywhere else in the world and see if you have to wear a swimming hat in their pools

🤷‍♂️

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Allinall

It's not the dirtiness of the hair that's the problem. It's the looseness.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 porkmaster

It's just the naturally forming hair gel known as mank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,270 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

You need to travel more. I've seen caps required in many countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Caps are quite common in other countries, as sometimes are tight fitting swimwear to reduce the amount of hair that might come from, well, not your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Allinall

The pool I use has a rule "No Petting".

Suppose that's why I never see dogs or cats swimming there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

My missus is a hairdresser and barber, she says mostly young fellas that are the worst for dirty hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Is it true that nits only infect people with clean hair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭thefallingman

what about Muslims with big beards do they need beard hats ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Idle Passerby

In Iceland you have to shampoo your pubes and armpits before they'll let you in the pool. And the showers are communal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm not Muslim (I wouldn't be able to give up pork products), but I do have a big beard. In the few occasions I've gone swimming since having a big beard, no one has ever said anything. But in my defence, I tie it up if I'm going swimming. Mostly because if I didn't I'd look like a wet homeless person. And I can't do the slow mo wet hair flip women do, except backwards. I'll take my eyes out.

But in my extremely limited employment in a barbers (I was 17, I was sweeping floors and got "promoted" to washer), the dirtiest hair were the men who think coming straight from a building site was acceptable. Trying to wash steel out of already wiry hair is not fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Yes this is true,the nits don't like dirt either.

I’m not buying my frozen food there anymore after hearing that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Delivery charges must be ridiculous. Don’t blame you.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭toyotatommy

Shave your pubes to swim faster.

Advertisement