Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭TheRona

Have you tried going into settings / apps/ tidal and made sure battery is unrestricted for tidal? A lot of people seem to have connectivity issues still, by the sound of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Im waiting for the pixel 6a to arrive, I do want to get the regular pixel 6 but I'm worried about all the issues :/..

I really like the camera on the pixel phones , that and a few years software updates is what attracts me to it. I have a Poco F3 at the minute and there is nothing wrong with it per say other then the camera taking hit and miss photos which bothers me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

IMO the issues are blown out of proportion. Online you'll only see negative comments. I've had a launch day 6 pro and I've not had any issues.For similar reasons I jumped over to google, the 5 years of updates is enticing.

I might pull the trigger on the regular 6, where is the best place to buy one ?

• Advertisement

Is it worth buying one from adverts ? I see a few sellers selling them for less then 600. They imported pixels and would there be warranty issues buying off those kind of sellers ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

Same. Im streaming Tidal and TV in HD on 4G & 5G without issue. Acutally been forcing it to 4G lately as my speeds have been 80mbs+ which is more than enough formy needs and it maxes out battery life to about a day and a half. When on 5G it goes down to a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭King_Joffery

I am after damaging my 6 pro rear camera sensor. Dropped a weight in the gym and it clipped the back corner. Rear cover class is smashed,when taking a photo, it looks like a damaged the sensor. Purple bubble on screen.

What are my options now. Where can I send it for repair. Is it possible to sign up for insurance and claim back via them?

Thank you

Just contact Google regarding repairs.

You can go the insurance route, but it is fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭King_Joffery

I going with fonfix. Hopefully it all works out. I'll won't be going through the insurance route. I've learned my lesson!

• Advertisement

Probably not an issue with the phone but with Spotify, has anyone had an issue with Spotify auto staring once closed and playing music? happened at 3am last night but occurs randomly I think I might have come up with a temporary fix of long pressing the Spotify icon and clicking the option to force close the app but I'm hoping there is a better fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭harmless

The 6 and the 6 pro have a €100 discount right now on the google store.

Is this considered a good phone reliable phone?

Most the time I use my phone to listen to podcasts. I live rural and some phones can't get a signal here. I'm worried about that and blutooth bugs would be a big problem form me. It's the camera that has tempted me to buy the 6(not pro).

Were all the problems people have been complaining about just softwatre or does the phone have hardware issues?

Post edited by harmless on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

Software related to updates most of which has been resolved. Im not aware of any hardware issues. Im loving the phone, but I have switched off 5G as I found the phone can get quite warm and uses a lot more battery. 4G has been grand (still get speeds 100mbs+) and no issues with coverage. Camera is brillant, especially the magic eraser.

Bluetooth has never been an issue for me. Just checked now - I have 12 different bluetooth devices setup and all working fine.

Sounds good, I'll get it and return if I have any issues in the first 10 days or so.

I hadn't planned on using 5g as I can't get it most of the time but do you know why only two Irish networks support 5g with the pixel?

Not a good sign when they show the Irish flag but call it the USA :(

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

Think it's mentioned way back in the thread somewhere but it's effectively to do with partnering with Google and official network testing afaik. Nothing hardware wise stopping compatibility as I understand it but Google would need to enable 5G for the other operators in carrier services. I don't get 5G because I'm with GoMo (Eir) but tbh I don't find that I need it and good 4G is more than enough in my experience. Usually have to pay more for 5G too

Yeah 5 Mbs is probably the maxium bandwith I ever need. The most demanding thing I do is stream video.

It arrieved today and I have no issue with connectivity, if anything it's slightly better than my old phone.

Really impressed with it excect for the fingerprint sensor which works fine but is very slow. I just set my fitbit as a trusted device that I wear most the time and that keeps my phone unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Has anyone installed the Android 13 Beta on their Pixel 6?

Seems like it's easy to do (just sign up for beta and you get an OTA update), but I won't do it if it isn't very stable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

I have downloaded it. It's mostly stable but I've been having a few random reboots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The 6a has been announced, ships end of July. $449 so likely €450 in Ireland. The standard 6 currently on sale at €549 looks a better deal to me. The extra €100 is worth it to go from 60hz to 90hz and get the improved main camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Was waiting for today's announcement to decide whether to go with the 6 now, the 6a in July or hold out for the 7. I'm actually none the wiser. That sale price fit the 6 doesn't appear to be available in the UK :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Im looking to upgrade my Pixel 5 and am torn between the S22 ultra and 6 Pro ATM. 6 pro for price/camera but S22 for display and less bugs and i have a Galaxy book and buds. Samsung has reduced the prices in USA but not here. Then google teased us with th 7 pro and now im all confused and should i wait. ATM the 6 Pro is €799 and the S22 Ultra is €1299 but i get Rev 15% discount and €180 trade in for my Pixel 5 so works out at€924 i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Looks good - really looking forward to Pixel Watch too but will have to wait til Autumn when Pixel 7 is released..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,794 ✭✭✭micks_address

i installed today on my pixel 6 pro... immediately noticed the phone feels much faster... early days so will keep an eye on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'm just doing this at the moment, and Android 13 is installing as I type 😁

If you're currently part of the Android 12 Beta Program, you'll need to opt out of it and opt into the Android 13 Beta Program. Google says that you will receive an OTA update to revert back to the most recent public version, but you can safely ignore that OTA and wait for the Android 13 Beta 2 OTA to show up. You don't have to wipe your phone if you're on the Android 12 Beta Program unless "you only see one program option to enroll in," after opting out, according to Google.

Be careful with the betas, sometimes banking apps don't work as I found out last time. It was full release before mine worked, should've held off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If any AIB customers have the beta, can you see if their banking app works?

Also check Revolut. 🙂

If they work, I'll chance it over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,794 ✭✭✭micks_address

Both aib and revolut working fine on beta. Google maps acted up on me on Android auto coming home but hopefully was once off

It was Crytpto.com, I have funds on there and have their 3% cashback visa that needs to be topped up. I've held off on installing this time until I know it works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Advertisement