Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc quantum 70 sabb

• 10-05-2022 3:18pm

Just changed 6 batteries in my hkc quantum 70 alarm sabb and when I do the #09 or Bell test the sabb flashes and alarm sounds no problem. However when I set the alarm leaving the house and do not turn it off when I re-enter the sabb flashes but it does not sound and i am still getting the message that device batteries are low. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue

Answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭altor

You are more than likely getting an entry fault and the outside bell should not ring during this.

If you press the star and hash together on the keypad does the external bell sound?

RF devices batteries need replacing could be any RF device, have you engineer access to check which one is low?

Just tried the hash and star button and the outside bell sounded with no issues. The panel itself is still giving out the device message and has an orange light on it. Earlier today I replaced all 6 batteries with duracell ones in the sabb and all bought from a reputable long standing business and the shelf life dated on them is 2031. Entry fault could possibly be it just don't understand why the lights flash but the bell doesn't sound

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

All other rf devices were OK when I went through them earlier apart from the sabb and it is still showing as low but all new batteries in it

Hi All, changed all batteries today bar 2 items one is a fob and the other is a bedroom sensor but all showing OK. The bell box is now also flashing and sounding when set off and has 6 new duracell cr123 batteries fitted . However the panel is still showing an orange light and still says devices batteries needs changing call an engineer and the sabb battery is showing as low. Is it just an automated message is there anyway in stopping it or will it go in time?. I also changed the main panel battery pack and reset the timer on it. Oh and thanks for all the help on this so far

May be an issue with the bell itself.

The next step would be to delete the bell and see if the fault clears.

Then re-enroll the bell.

If you only have one battery pack Id advise not having the flashing LEDs as this will drain the batteries quicker, you can add a second battery pack for this purpose and turn them on.

• Advertisement

Hi Altor, yeah I spoke with David Conroy yesterday and earlier today he said the same to remove it and re add it. I have only 1 battery pack and the led lights only flash when the alarm goes off or when in engineer mode so I think that is OK they don't flash in normal mode. Not sure how to turn them off if not OK. Thanks for all your help

If he had posted that on thread you and others would of benefited from this.

Did it work?

Hi Altor, I am hoping to try it tomorrow I have to get a loan of a ladder again. So hoping it will work out. Thanks again for your help

Advertisement