Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'Arcy's screw up of the day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭RINO87

Dear oh dear oh dear....what a mess in the "quiz" today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Ray says the computer screwed up, mixxing up the adoption of the Euro with Euro 88

yeah, right Ray 🙄😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭avfc1874

AHH Ray, there's one quiz a Day, 6 clips max, how do you fcuk it up 🙄🙄🙄🤔🥱

And now - sex tips with Ray 🤑

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Remember when matt cooper started radio and all you could hear was his heavy breathing?

Sound of it doesnt come across any more but cooper is still nothing but hot air.

• Advertisement

Ray gives the contestant a totally wrong clip (never his fault 🙄)

Then asks do you just want to guess what the answer might be? Wtf

And then is surprised when she gets it wrong 🤔😆

She actually got it right if I remember correctly!

Asking her to guess anyway was pure Partridge!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,612 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

When you think what this guy is raking in in wages every year, it makes the whole situation less funny.

Rte could have got a 1st time presenter employed for maybe 50k who would be more professional.

I thought she did 😆

Then he started with the er er

Why didn't he just put his hand in his pocket and give them both the prize,

Would have only been a few hundred.

If that was someone on hospital radio they'd just hold their hands up and say I'm not able for this, i keep messing up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭phonypony

Total balls up, the guy just can't think on his feet at all...

It's gas, they were both able to participate in the quiz only because they each had the day off, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them (the one who hung up) couldn't make it tomorrow.

I expect (given they now have an extra break to give away) at the end of the quiz tomorrow, they'll both have lovely bottoms they'll both get the prize. It's the least they can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Didn't have a song lined up but realised too late so started waffling after he asked someone else to line one up for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Also talking about computer not working for him earlier so he plugged it out and plugged it back in again.

Probably hadn't switched it on, in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭phonypony

Ray - turn on her flippin' microphone!

Waiting for Ray's explanation of the "David Gray" joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Yesterday he announced that David Gray would be on, his White Ladder album sold an astonishing 300,000 according to Ray, seems he not only has problems translating zeros into words but basic common sense and cop on is completely absent also.

i only ever hear this imbecile by chance as I would never listen to him intentionally, nearly every time I hear him by chance there is some kind of foul up by his doing. Worth mentioning that about 30 seconds before this he messed up the audio and some kind of strange noise came through which rattled him completely. €500k 🙄

Where the feck is Foto Island, Ray?

First screwup of the day within 5 seconds. Well done, Ray!

Messes it up badly as soon as the news was over.

Ended up saying thanks very much to the newsreader twice.

Man is a total amateur.

• Advertisement

He can't pronounce Nicola now.

Again with the age obsession!

Ray - the only hairdryer I want to hear about is the one that is plugged in and chucked at you the next time you're having a bath!

In the movies, the usual electrical item dunked in the bath is a Radio, but there is better better radio channel content these days. A cheap Aldi or Lidl hairdryer will do.

Ray heading to studio 8 to do a spot with In Tua Nua. Rich potential for calamity there, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,213 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Anyone hear the quiz today - 1986 the year. The younger woman probably barely born then but how and ever, Ray still managed to bend over disgracefully to help the older woman to win. She clearly gave a wrong answer on the last question, fudged it and whilst Ray was flustered - she had a quick Google and came up with the correct answer on a second go. The younger one never got a look in. She was gracious about it on air but I'd say she was saying F* *** when she got off!

I'd expect next time he does it, there'll be a wee reminder that answers have to be prompt and first answer etc., but if he's not going to implement the rules on air, why bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Caller to the quiz , I'm here with my 12 week old,

Ray ah yeah 12 years of age that's lovely 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭busunderer

sad Ray so devoid of creativity that today he is stealing content from Sean Moncrieff

brazen

• Advertisement

Advertisement